Ipstar Problems

tuky

I work away, so I am home for two weeks every two months. But we keet my Ipstar connection live. However this time that I have come home I have found my connection to be somewhat unreliable. Infact I am getting about 2-5 hours online each day.

Anyone else have this problem with Ipstar? anyway had this problem and resolved it? As you could imagine and I thoroughly p1ssed as the connection is not cheap...

What are you thoughts/suggestions?

Cheers folks.

I work away, so I am home for two weeks every two months. But we keet my Ipstar connection live. However this time that I have come home I have found my connection to be somewhat unreliable. Infact I am getting about 2-5 hours online each day.

Anyone else have this problem with Ipstar? anyway had this problem and resolved it? As you could imagine and I thoroughly p1ssed as the connection is not cheap...

What are you thoughts/suggestions?

Cheers folks.

Measure the "Quality" of services (packet drop, hour of interuption, response time ...) ... and throught/send them the reports ... as well as to the BangkokPost/Nation ?

I have had the servcie for more than one year now and had only two days when it was down.  I get good speeds and am happy with a Thai product/service.  Did I just say that?  Yes I did and it is true.

Does the "Spirits's House" in front of the satellite dish helps for the signal reception ? :o

Does the "Spirits's House" in front of the satellite dish helps for the signal reception ? biggrin.gif

Wow! Now that willmake youtake notice at 7 in the morning. Are you my neighbor.

Yes on the spiriti house, it actually guides the signal in and keeps it there.

Does the "Spirits's House" in front of the satellite dish helps for the signal reception ? biggrin.gif

Wow! Now that willmake youtake notice at 7 in the morning. Are you my neighbor.

Yes on the spiriti house, it actually guides the signal in and keeps it there.

You have a nice website with lots of pictures ... and one of them is the dish :o

Mines pretty good, had it about a year now, rainy season its down quite often, but usually not for long, had some troubl with the "box" but they were out to fix it quickly. So all in all I'm quite happy withmine exept for the price, I f I had a land line I would change as I dont really need something this quick.

Cheers RC

I have been looking into Ipstar, having gooten the impression that they offer a two way service, i.e., no need for a landline. But when I had a frined contact the company (number from the ipstar website) they were told a telephone was in fact required.

So now I am very confused, and very dissappointed.

Can someone help clarify, and perhaps even provide the name and number of a reliable contact within the company, so that I can arrange installation, assuming a telephone is in fact not required.

Thanks

Hi Morphic,

No you dont need a telephone line ,but you may wish you had one when the ipstar isnt working.We have used it for a year and apart from the box breaking twice -the second time taking 2 weeks to get someone to come out and repair it(still have to pay the full monthly price when its knackered)it a good system.

The team from Phuket came to repair last time instead of the Bangkok team we bought it from.2 weeks of nagging and the Bangkok office didnt want to know.They lost all record of our calls?A telephone call to the Phuket boys who came straight away and didnt even charge for the boat out to Koh Tao.

To buy ipstar all they needed was a copy of my passport.My billing adress is a local email cafe.

Good luck

Thanks for those replies. But when we phoned the numbers in Bangkok from the Ipstar website, the lady who answered said a phone line was needed. Do you know of a particuliar contact within the company, or a distributor for North East Thailand who would be more knowlwdgeable than this lady seemed to be.

Thanks again,

Morphic