Second Run In With A Thai

dave111223

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems that someone was really just making an observation about Thai life and parking practices in particular but some people certainly have a lot of hot air in castigating the guy, for christs sake get a life, those of us who have lived here for years would'nt give it a second thought.

It seems that someone was really just making an observation about Thai life and parking practices in particular but some people certainly have a lot of hot air in castigating the guy, for christs sake get a life, those of us who have lived here for years would'nt give it a second thought.

My wifes lived here many years and she does give it a second thought although most are unrepeatable!!

Well for me personally if anyone blocked me in and it involved me having to get out of my car to ask U to move it I would be extremely pi***d off . I get this in the Uk across my drive. repeat offenders usally end up with a flat tyre. Bad manners rude impolite and selfish IMO you can always WALK a bit farther its just laziness in most cases.

Talking about BAD manners and rudeness,you have a lot to learn in live.You may have a drive way but you don't own the street.But again UK explains everything.

Im terribly sorry to have offended you and apologise for my sad English ways, your right I should have waited calmy however long I was blocked in or approached said owner if I could find them and asked them humbly if they would possibly mind if they werent too busy chatting or eating their food to move their vehicle and if they were too busy Its ok i could wait and dont worry about the stain in my upholstery where I just wet myself in the process of waiting or the fact the wife was about to give birth on the front seat or any other emergency. I laughed politley when in the process of them reversing out some 45 minutes later how they hit my vehicle several times and drove off.

Oh the shame of my bad manners.

My Thai wife usually does the talking about these "nice"people.

I think when you making those post you used to much yabaa,and like the ops said the name suits you.

Compliment accepted :o

Halloooo! Can we get back on topic please??

It's quite normal in Thailand to park cars several deep (as has been mentioned before) and it's quite normal to have to push another car out of the way before you can move your car out? No problems there.

In this instance I guess the driver was simply embarressed because she couldn't drive the car - like most women drivers :D

(Did I really say that?? Sorry, not sure what came over me,.....)

Simon

I am quite a good driver, Simon. :wai: .

Where I live at least, the Thai women seem to be terrible drivers. I think this is for two main reasons 1. their husbands or boyfriends are teaching them how to drive and 2. they are driving vehicles too big; they can't see and they don't know the size of their vehicles.

However, in this case it sounds to me exactly like she gave her boyfriend some BS story about how the accident was all your fault, probably built it up pretty good so she was completely innocent. Think about it from his point of view, his wife or girlfriend has just had a bad accident with someone who is (according to her story) pretending like they know nothing about it.

This is the only explanation that makes sense and regardless of people's built in prejudices, what Thai people do usually does make sense. Perhaps not to your western sensibilities, but it usually makes perfect sense to another Thai person. A shocking idea in a country called Thailand, I know, but there you go. Who can ever figure these people out? :D

When parking at big C in Sawan,it is perfectly normal to be three deep,as you normally leave your park break off and out of gear,so the attendant can push and pull cars to get in/out,However,i won't do this with the Merc,as i have seen them push and bump the other cars to stop them....So i simply park further away,and foot it the extra 100 m. :P

When I go to Big C Nakon Sawan I take our old and beat up pick up, and am amazed that no decent vehicle is parked near it. Not even your Benz!!

:D:o:D

... However,i won't do this with the Merc ...

I was the same before with my Merc ML320 ....

But then I swapped it for a Toyota Vigo ...

So playing 'bump-shove' with the car is ok.... :D

Simon

Yes,the price of a new bumper is enough to make you cry...... :o

Halloooo! Can we get back on topic please??

It's quite normal in Thailand to park cars several deep (as has been mentioned before) and it's quite normal to have to push another car out of the way before you can move your car out? No problems there.

In this instance I guess the driver was simply embarressed because she couldn't drive the car - like most women drivers :P

(Did I really say that?? Sorry, not sure what came over me,.....)

Simon

I am quite a good driver, Simon. :jerk: .

Where I live at least, the Thai women seem to be terrible drivers. I think this is for two main reasons 1. their husbands or boyfriends are teaching them how to drive and 2. they are driving vehicles too big; they can't see and they don't know the size of their vehicles.

However, in this case it sounds to me exactly like she gave her boyfriend some BS story about how the accident was all your fault, probably built it up pretty good so she was completely innocent. Think about it from his point of view, his wife or girlfriend has just had a bad accident with someone who is (according to her story) pretending like they know nothing about it.

This is the only explanation that makes sense and regardless of people's built in prejudices, what Thai people do usually does make sense. Perhaps not to your western sensibilities, but it usually makes perfect sense to another Thai person. A shocking idea in a country called Thailand, I know, but there you go. Who can ever figure these people out? :D

When parking at big C in Sawan,it is perfectly normal to be three deep,as you normally leave your park break off and out of gear,so the attendant can push and pull cars to get in/out,However,i won't do this with the Merc,as i have seen them push and bump the other cars to stop them....So i simply park further away,and foot it the extra 100 m. :burp:

When I go to Big C Nakon Sawan I take our old and beat up pick up, and am amazed that no decent vehicle is parked near it. Not even your Benz!!

:D:o:D

Yea,if i've got a choice,i always park outside,on the ring road that runs around the front!But really,i just mostly take the 'blade.I tried to tell the attendant that i like my park "Break" on,as something will get broken otherwise,fender,light... :D I'm always afraid of the possibility that jealousy will come into play...I just wish the misses would be happy with a fortuner or something like that. :wai:

The big problem is that all the larger places that have adequate parking have to immediately lease out large areas for outdoor shops. Used to go to a Big C here in BKK. Lots of parking--sometimes full--but with minimum time, and a willingness to walk a little ways, you had parking. Not anymore. 1/2 the parking lot is now vendors in the front and a number in the back, so now we get to park the 'Thai' way.

so wait

you're a lazy fat fuc_k who cant park your car A 15 SEC WALK AWAY and then you criticize people?

You're WAY worse than those thais who stop in the middle of a 2 lane street(directly on the middle line) then get out of their car to go buy food from a stall. Why? because you've had an education and you still cant figure out if you park in front of a car, it cannot move.. YES REVOLUTIONARY CONCEPT.. objet a is stuck between wall and object b therefore it cannot move.. DEAR GOD THIS IS HARD, dam_n you logic!

so wait

you're a lazy fat fuc_k who cant park your car A 15 SEC WALK AWAY and then you criticize people?

You're WAY worse than those thais who stop in the middle of a 2 lane street(directly on the middle line) then get out of their car to go buy food from a stall. Why? because you've had an education and you still cant figure out if you park in front of a car, it cannot move.. YES REVOLUTIONARY CONCEPT.. objet a is stuck between wall and object b therefore it cannot move.. DEAR GOD THIS IS HARD, dam_n you logic!

Better you stick to French, because you can't speak English, and you are totally abusive and should be banned from the site!!!

:D:D:o:D

so wait

Maybe you should read the original post. If you are having trouble you can translate to French through Google Translation here:

http://translate.google.com/translate?prev...history_state0=

so wait

You have overlooked object "C" The Thai missus. No self respecting Object C, would be seen dead walking more than two paces between car door and shop door. Parking in front of existing car is a further walk of 3 meters.

Walking 3 meters is a sign of low breeding so better get with the Thai way and block the traffic. This, a) saves Mrs C from appearing common and moving her lazy ass, :o gives Mrs C a captive audience to marval at her new dress, and amaze as her Hi-So falang boyfriend in Singha vest bawls "hey tee lak, get us some smokes please, LM deang and a chang beer, and C) upset mr Yabaaa who undoutedly is fuming in the first car behind, scared to come out and shout.

Yabaaaaaa, nobody gives a flying F... about your driveway in the UK.

Stop smoking your username and get with the program, double parking is almost mandatory in Thailand, I hear smoking yabaa makes one neurotic and self obsessed, google it and then head to a rehab.

Good luck with sorting out your issues.

TUKY, Excellent Post.....you don't think you can come up with another one for little 'na ling' below, do you?

so wait

Canadianmonkey.....you really need to get off it too, honestly how silly can one person be?

OP, I wouldnt be surprised if this guy has been given a big bad sob story by his wife.....perhaps if he was there it MAY have been different. I wouldnt lose too much sleep over it.

so wait

You have overlooked object "C" The Thai missus. No self respecting Object C, would be seen dead walking more than two paces between car door and shop door. Parking in front of existing car is a further walk of 3 meters.

Walking 3 meters is a sign of low breeding so better get with the Thai way and block the traffic. This, a) saves Mrs C from appearing common and moving her lazy ass, :D gives Mrs C a captive audience to marval at her new dress, and amaze as her Hi-So falang boyfriend in Singha vest bawls "hey tee lak, get us some smokes please, LM deang and a chang beer, and C) upset mr Yabaaa who undoutedly is fuming in the first car behind, scared to come out and shout.

:o:D:D

"You have overlooked object "C" The Thai missus. No self respecting Object C, would be seen dead walking more than two paces between car door and shop door. Parking in front of existing car is a further walk of 3 meters"

:o stereotyping

so wait

Walking 3 meters is a sign of low breeding so better get with the Thai way and block the traffic. This, a) saves Mrs C from appearing common and moving her lazy ass, :D gives Mrs C a captive audience to marval at her new dress, and amaze as her Hi-So falang boyfriend in Singha vest bawls "hey tee lak, get us some smokes please, LM deang and a chang beer, and C) upset mr Yabaaa who undoutedly is fuming in the first car behind, scared to come out and shout.

It would be the wife out of our car first shouting, think yourself lucky :o

Edited by yabaaaa

so wait

Walking 3 meters is a sign of low breeding so better get with the Thai way and block the traffic. This, a) saves Mrs C from appearing common and moving her lazy ass, :o gives Mrs C a captive audience to marval at her new dress, and amaze as her Hi-So falang boyfriend in Singha vest bawls "hey tee lak, get us some smokes please, LM deang and a chang beer, and C) upset mr Yabaaa who undoutedly is fuming in the first car behind, scared to come out and shout.

a++ post.

Realism: 100%

Stop smoking your username and get with the program, double parking is almost mandatory in Thailand, I hear smoking yabaa makes one neurotic and self obsessed, google it and then head to a rehab.

Nice one Tuky, but you forgot this - :o

:D

Thai parking lots and parking culture are not always the same as in the west. Often people will park across others with the handbrake off and in neutral gear(so the car can be rolled by a carpark attendant) and this is an accepted and known practice.This is often done at my office carpark.

Spot on. I guess when you think of parking as a sub-set of driving... well, it sort of speaks for itself, eh...

Here's my story for today, still can't figure out the guys logic...

Here's mine from 3 days ago...

While crossing a busy set of traffic lights, very slowly, the cars in front of me stopped so I stopped. The guy behind didn't. Bang! I put my hand out the window and indicated for him to park - he looked like he didn't want to at first (waving his hand at me, palm first as if to say "no"), but I went very slowly and kept pointing, so he followed.

I had a few marks on my pick-up's rear bumper, his Soluna's grill was pushed in revealing the top edge of his bumper - it looked a bit of a mess but he started pulling the grill back into shape so it clicked into place and I gave him a hand.

But while he was doing this he said "Because you stopped". He said it twice, in fact.

I don't know if he was implying it was my fault, but I was a bit taken aback by that response. I guess he didn't know much English, because that's all he said.

Various responses went through my head, but as there was b#gger all damage to my pick-up I just said "Chok-dee" and went away. No point arguing.

Edited by JetsetBkk

Yeah yeah your contribution is invaluable :D , you'll be one of the saddos bleating after some shop has burnt down because the Thai fire fighters couldnt get to it for all the double parked cars.

Yeah yeah your contribution is invaluable :D , you'll be one of the saddos bleating after some shop has burnt down because the Thai fire fighters couldnt get to it for all the double parked cars.

another bright quip that shows you have spent no real Time here ... but at least you can take out your frustration on the internet .. or on other people's cars in Blighty!

another bright quip that shows you have spent no real Time here ... but at least you can take out your frustration on the internet .. or on other people's cars in Blighty!

Oh how little you know..............

This attitude is not just restricted Thailand.

I remember years ago when I was working for an oil exploration company in the Saudi desert we had similar attitude from passing nomads. We were a fully equipped mobile unit with heavy machinery and supporting workshop slowly moving across tractless desert doing seismic surveys.

We would get the occasional Arab come into camp asking for something to be fixed on his beat-up old truck or could we hoist one of his camels onto his pick-up. Simple enough requests but from experience we declined because if his camel fell sick weeks later or he had a accident in his truck he would find us and be back blaming us for his misfortune.

Those working in the Gulf states will know the local attitude regarding any accident involving a Farang. It's our fault because if we were not there the accident would not have happened. But the concept that if we were not there, getting the Oil that they then sell to us at hugely inflated prices they would not have a vehicle to have an accident in the first place, doesn't appeal to them.

:o

I bet you still tell all the girls you are a 'Vibrator mechanic' :D

Freddie