What Kind Of Visa?

Hi all,

I am giving very serious thought to emigrating to Thailand from the UK. When living in Thailand I would make my money by trading FOREX (trading foreign currencies online, think of it like the stock market but for currencies). I can do this from home, so I would not need to get a job in Thailand, I would be self employed.

What kind of visa do I need? Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi all,

I am giving very serious thought to emigrating to Thailand from the UK. When living in Thailand I would make my money by trading FOREX (trading foreign currencies online, think of it like the stock market but for currencies). I can do this from home, so I would not need to get a job in Thailand, I would be self employed.

You can get a Multi Non O Visa from the Thai Consulate in Hull. Reason to visit friends and family.This would give you up to 15 months stay.Technically you would need a work permit to work.

Hi all,

You can get a Multi Non O Visa from the Thai Consulate in Hull. Reason to visit friends and family.This would give you up to 15 months stay.Technically you would need a work permit to work.

Thanks for your response. So what would I need to do after that runs out? Would I be able to get another?

Is there a method to stay permanently and legally if I am earning money in this way? I also have regular rental income from property I own in the UK.

Any kind of income, from any source, is acceptable to get the embassy letter to apply for an annual extension.

To communicate with brokers and bankers to manage your own investments, and derive income from your investments, you do not need a work permit.

--

Maestro

Your chances of getting extensions of stay are rather limited.

1.For employment. Form a company in Thailand and get a work permit. If the company has enough capital and income, it can sponsor you for a work permit after two years.

2.For education. Study Thai at an approved school for at least four hours per week.

See Police Order 777/2551 to see if you could qualify for any other type of extension. If you can't qualify for any, get a multiple-entry non-O visa from an honorary Thai consulate in the UK. With this you will have to do a border run every 90 days, and get a new visa after a little over 14 months.

--

Maestro