Braddock

redscouse

Yesterday in a moment of sheer boredom I started to watch a movie called Braddock, to cut a long story short it was so bad and so clichéd I felt I had to watch it all the way through. For those that don't know it about Chuck Norris as Colonel Braddock who goes into Vietnam 11 years after the war to rescue his family that were left there.

Anyway despite all the clichéd Characters there was one major geographical blip, Braddock is leading a group of children away from Vietnam, he claims to be 90 Km from the Thai border (at this point I think 'oh he must be in Cambodia now so why are the Vietnamese still chasing), they steal a plane and crash near the Thai border then make their way to the border. The border is a short bridge between Vietnam and Thailand, one side flying the Vietnam flag and the other flying the Thailand flag.

Am I missing something, did Cambodia or Laos not exist in any form or is geography so poor in America they didnt realise either country was between Vietnam and Thailand, or did they just simplify it in the knowledge that american movie goers wouldnt even realise it's not possible to cross from Vietnam straight into Thailand

:o:D

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday in a moment of sheer boredom I started to watch a movie called Braddock, to cut a long story short it was so bad and so clichéd I felt I had to watch it all the way through. For those that don't know it about Chuck Norris as Colonel Braddock who goes into Vietnam 11 years after the war to rescue his family that were left there.

Anyway despite all the clichéd Characters there was one major geographical blip, Braddock is leading a group of children away from Vietnam, he claims to be 90 Km from the Thai border (at this point I think 'oh he must be in Cambodia now so why are the Vietnamese still chasing), they steal a plane and crash near the Thai border then make their way to the border. The border is a short bridge between Vietnam and Thailand, one side flying the Vietnam flag and the other flying the Thailand flag.

Am I missing something, did Cambodia or Laos not exist in any form or is geography so poor in America they didnt realise either country was between Vietnam and Thailand, or did they just simplify it in the knowledge that american movie goers wouldnt even realise it's not possible to cross from Vietnam straight into Thailand

Well, seeing as that movie is over 25 years old, who really cares. Maybe had something to do with the fact the because the movie was shot in Thailand, part of the deal was to make sure the country was prominent? Is is just me or do LP fans really go out of their way to try and take the p on America but end up making themselves look foolish in the process? :D

Google earth measuring tool says closest from Vietnaam to Thailand is 91km so he msut have been to geograpy lessons after all, he will have to go thru Cambodia but its still only 91km

To answer your question....when I worked in the US, I was working with a guy who had a Masters degree in engineering and joking one day I asked him to show me on a world map where Africa was...and yes you guessed it...he pointed to South America...

So think your question is a valid one..

Better watch what you say. Chuck Norris is omnipotent.

Chuck Norris once brought a baby lamb back to life with a prolonged beard rub.

He then roundhouse kicked it back to death. So that we may all know "the Good Chuck giveth, and the Good Chuck taketh away"

how have I made myself look foolish? I asked questions

It doesnt matter if you look foolish. You didnt know so asked you got the answer now u know. :o

so the answer is that it is a film because people seem to have the filming location wrong and the fact it was under vietnam control. so basically for the movie they decided to ignore a complete country.

really there are some sad fuc_kers on here screaming 'look at me look at me, i know something you don't'

To answer your question....when I worked in the US, I was working with a guy who had a Masters degree in engineering and joking one day I asked him to show me on a world map where Africa was...and yes you guessed it...he pointed to South America...

:o

It doesnt matter if you look foolish. You didnt know so asked you got the answer now u know. :D

so the answer is that it is a film because people seem to have the filming location wrong and the fact it was under vietnam control. so basically for the movie they decided to ignore a complete country.

really there are some sad fuc_kers on here screaming 'look at me look at me, i know something you don't'

LOOK AT ME ........ if you dont want an answer DONT ask the questions :o its 91km remember it for the pub quiz :D

Better watch what you say. Chuck Norris is omnipotent.
Chuck Norris once brought a baby lamb back to life with a prolonged beard rub.

He then roundhouse kicked it back to death. So that we may all know "the Good Chuck giveth, and the Good Chuck taketh away"

Chuck Norris doesn't sleep, he waits

ITS A FILM!!!!!!! for crying out loud! Why do people expect fantasy films to depict real events ???????????

Vietnam is a real country, Vietnam War was a real war, Vietnamese are real people. We are not talking about hobbits and dwarfes here. These movies create REAL stereotypes.

I have a hobby thanks but it's a bit hot for running at that time of day. So Cambodia was under Vietnam control? and flying the Vietnam flag? is that correct?

Haha, I tell you what, why don't you write to old Chuckie boy and tell you him you want them to re-edit the movie. Like a fiction novel, I think its up to the author/director to decide what he wants to put in his book / movie.

As for the sad F'rs on here, what are doing watching the movie in the first place mate? :o

It doesnt matter if you look foolish. You didnt know so asked you got the answer now u know. :D

LOOK AT ME ........ if you dont want an answer DONT ask the questions :o its 91km remember it for the pub quiz :D

yeah 91km through another country :D

anyway what is the american fascination with vietnam, didn't they get there <deleted> kicked

ITS A FILM!!!!!!! for crying out loud! Why do people expect fantasy films to depict real events ???????????

Vietnam is a real country, Vietnam War was a real war, Vietnamese are real people. We are not talking about hobbits and dwarfes here. These movies create REAL stereotypes.

Exactly, now go complain to the Thais about the farang stereotypes in their movies. :o

I have a hobby thanks but it's a bit hot for running at that time of day. So Cambodia was under Vietnam control? and flying the Vietnam flag? is that correct?

Haha, I tell you what, why don't you write to old Chuckie boy and tell you him you want them to re-edit the movie. Like a fiction novel, I think its up to the author/director to decide what he wants to put in his book / movie.

As for the sad F'rs on here, what are doing watching the movie in the first place mate? :o

I already told you, it was like a car crash, I couldn't take my eyes off it in the hope that it got better

anyway what is the american fascination with vietnam, didn't they get there <deleted> kicked

Well that's opened up a can of worms.

This could be a lively thread.

yeah probably, I wrote 'there' instead of 'their'

:D

yeah probably, I wrote 'there' instead of 'their'

:D

:o:D ......Now you will have all the "English" teachers on your back as well as all the Vietnam vets and Rambo wannabees...

Maybe change the title of this thread to Are Brits Insecure?

Feel free to start your own thread on that one

Just for the record ;-

The Movie "The 51st State", a humourous action movie set in Liverpool, also has glaring mistakes (to Scousers that is !)

When Elmo and Felix are driving around Liverpool, they go from Liverpool town center to Old Swan (about 4 miles away), then back to the town center in a matter of seconds.

and

When Felix and McElroy go into the pub in Manchester, the sign outside says Manchester United vs Liverpool, suggesting that the game was being played at Manchester United's home, Old Trafford, whereas it's actually being played at Anfield, Liverpool's home stadium.

:o .. :D .. :D

I hope you used the right map, which is this one (attachment)

Well in the movie "The Empire Strikes Back" there were glaring geographical errors as well.

Firstly, although Yoda was on the planet Tantawee in the film, he was in fact on Earth, at Universal Studios. George Lucas, later commented, "We wanted to shoot that scene in the Flordia Everglades (which closely resembles Tantawee), but couldn't get permission from the authorities there - so we re-created the entire planet at our studios in holiday. I appologize for falsely portraying Tantawee this way and ask forgiveness from it's citizens."

Sounds pretty stupid - but so does picking on a movie on TV made 3 decades ago.

Well, seeing as that movie is over 25 years old, who really cares. Maybe had something to do with the fact the because the movie was shot in Thailand, part of the deal was to make sure the country was prominent? Is is just me or do LP fans really go out of their way to try and take the p on America but end up making themselves look foolish in the process? :D

Its so true...a message from "south of the border" of America for those people....."estupidos". :D

LOOK AT ME ........ if you dont want an answer DONT ask the questions :D its 91km remember it for the pub quiz :D

More like a can of Woop-ass!!!! :o