Bangkok Versus Pattaya

thaiaan

I am interested in knowing which city one would pick to establish a business in .

I would probably prefer to live in or near Pattaya but think Bangkok with its population and being the commercial heart of Thailand may be better to start a business.My business would be along the lines of The Pizza Co.,and would eventually would open more outlets or maybe franchise my chain.

To be successful a la Pizza Company you really need the Thai market, which is fairly non-existant in Pattaya which is far more tourism/expat oriented. Pizza Company makes loads of money selling pretty horrible "pizza" to millions of people, 98% Thais(*). I think though there would be space in the market for something that looks and tastest better thatn Pizza Co / Pizza Hut, a la Starbucks for coffee or Subway for sandwiches.

(*) - Statistic made up on the spot by me.

Cheers,

Chanchao

To be successful a la Pizza Company you really need the Thai market, which is fairly non-existant in Pattaya which is far more tourism/expat oriented.  Pizza Company makes loads of money selling pretty horrible "pizza" to millions of people, 98% Thais(*).  I think though there would be space in the market for something that looks and tastest better thatn Pizza Co / Pizza Hut, a la Starbucks for coffee or Subway for sandwiches. 

(*) - Statistic made up on the spot by me.

Cheers,

Chanchao

Thanks Chanchao and thanks Ginger for your succinct reply.

You are probably right that although I may like living in Pattaya more,it may be best to start in Bangkok business-wise.I am researching starting a NY style deli like the Carnegie and Katz's in NYC with overstuffed hot pastrami,corned beef,etc., sandwiches.Hope to put Subway out of business in a few years.A free sandwich and pickle and potato knish for you.Trying to choose between the Broadway Deli and Soho Deli.

While we're on this subject, when ever I go up to Bangkok I see many farang bar owners in their bar's serving drink's, some even take the money and put it in the till, this is never seen in pattaya, the boy's in blue would be straight round for a bribe, How do they get away with it ? ok they have a work permit but they have work permit's here too and you still woulden't get away with it.

I am interested in knowing which city one would pick to establish a business in .

I would probably prefer to live in or near Pattaya but think Bangkok with its population and being the commercial heart of Thailand may be better to start a business.My business would be along the lines of The Pizza Co.,and would eventually would open more outlets or maybe franchise my chain.

a marketing survey would be handy...seen many come and go :D

and of course location, location, location is also important, more so if you own the land :D

mcdonalds golden rule was buy the land..build the income sourcing vehicle :D

never mind the burgers taste like sh..t :o

Beside the location, have you decided which particular product you are going for?

Here's a lil (request) suggestion

- California's In&Out Burger

-Wendy's especially curly fried

-Japanese's Kyudon HOLY CHRIST its yummy!

bbl i need Somtam

I love IN-N-OUT Burger as well, but sadly they aren't a franchising company. They are all owned by one family and only have resturants in California, Nevada and, Arizona. The only way to get one of them in Thailand is to knock up one of the familys daughters and convince her to move to Thailand with you. We can only dream. Maybe DHL can ship a few burgers overnight, I think the going rate is $50 up to 50lbs overnight anywhere in the world.

"In-N-Out Burger is not a franchise organization." - Taken from the fine print on the bottom of the website http://www.in-n-out.com/

pic_c2.jpg

:D

edit = I accidentally spelled ship with a "t" on the end istead of a "p"; whoops :o

Edited by peder.klockmann

Beside the location, have you decided which particular product you are going for?

bbl i need Somtam

I love IN-N-OUT Burger as well, but sadly they aren't a franchising company. They are all owned by one family and only have resturants in California, Nevada and, Arizona. The only way to get one of them in Thailand is to knock up one of the familys daughters and convince her to move to Thailand with you. We can only dream. Maybe DHL can ship a few burgers overnight, I think the going rate is $50 up to 50lbs overnight anywhere in the world.

"In-N-Out Burger is not a franchise organization." - Taken from the fine print on the bottom of the website http://www.in-n-out.com/

pic_c2.jpg

edit = I accidentally spelled ship with a "t" on the end istead of a "p"; whoops :o

why don't you instead, copy the concept and start a chain here :D

bbl i need Somtam

pic_c2.jpg

why don't you instead, copy the concept and start a chain here :D

You are nothing but a genious my friend. 55555 (evil laugh), Now all I need are some investors and maybe hijack a couple of current IN-N-OUT Burger™ Employee's. I am sure I can find some that are willing to make a trip over to LOS. :D

But we'll call it OUT-N-IN Burger™. I am sure that wouldn't be a copyright © infringment. :Þ

¿Who's gonna go in on it with me? we can show these dirty €uros (no offence) in Thailand what some good south western american farang food tastes like :D