Puea Thai Party Divided Over Leadership

george

The sound way too much like the USA Republican party.

Say anything that is against the Democrat;'s policies, regardless how daft the comments are.

The Republicans left the country mired in debt, and vested interests run amok,

financial system a shambles, and they yet blame the Dems for having to take

extreme measures to bail it all out. And THAT salvage job is not done yet,

so another reason to criticize.

Except in this case the Thai version wants big government in ever nook and cranny

so they can control every nook and cranny...

Seminars on politics run by banned politicians waiting for hiccups....

What? They expect something? The body politc is is going to cough up a bad longan?

Most current governments are up against a brick wall of reality,

and most oppositions are saying do anything but what they ARE doing.

Because if you AGREE then you aren't the opposition, just out of power.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda pondering the title of this thread and wondering where it stands now it has been announced that they have a leader and he is Thaksin, so they dont need to appoint another proxy. Even if it has a few legal problems.

I' am going to offer tours to the "great divide" that supposed to divide the country!

Anybody seen it yet or had to across it?

I haven't, trying hard to find any division, dividing this nation!

Except, of course the instigated "opposition" against anything that doesn't come from the

ranks of the ousted PM and his entourage!

The "National Reconciliation Bill" is just another move to get a

blanket amnesty in for the "grand master's" comeback!

I' am going to offer tours to the "great divide" that supposed to divide the country!

Except, of course the instigated "opposition" against anything that doesn't come from the

I just don't see fights between Issanese and southern Thais over this anywhere I travel.

Let alone here, where people from ALL parts of Thailand live side by side peacefully.

EXCEPT at red Shirt instigated events.

This is very much a manufactured divide,

because if you can not tell the sides apart,

there's little reason to pick one over the other.

Edited by animatic

I just don't see fights between Issanese and southern Thais over this anywhere I travel.

Let alone here, where people from ALL parts of Thailand live side by side peacefully.

EXCEPT at red Shirt instigated events.

This is very much a manufactured divide,

because if you can not tell the sides apart,

there's little reason to pick one over the other.

Yes, thank you!

It is manufactured, if one goes through this thread alone,

there is so much evidence, that upside is turned down,

anything is turned and used against the current coalition

government in a way that most becomes ridiculous, if not

straight insane!

Just look at the players, many are banned from political

activities and still they don't bother - it's the "democracy"

they wish to install, where certain citizens are above the law?

If they can't get their way, the system which indicted them is

simply declared "illegal", "military dictatorship" and "political

biased judiciary"?

Their real intentions are written all over the "wall"!

The "Elite" is them, the "undemocratic dictatorship" is

luring between them, right there within their own ranks!

Just have a good look and an open ear, alone the helter skelter

created by Chalerm's remarks that Yingluck could be head of

the party... :)

Wrestling for posts and power, to get as quickly as possible back

to the trough that has been set up for them so neatly in the time of

the reign of their hero.

Much, if not all coming from this direction has to be taken with a grain of salt,

and revised, reread, analyzed, it's designed to destabilize, to deceit, to cause havoc...

which way, whatever, anything that will, in their believe get things their way,

is good, the nation, it's Future, the current state of affairs, the welfare of it's

citizens, doesn't matter, the target is all that matters, get the power and the money back!

luckily this "ensemble of the power grabbers"

is in it's own ranks far, far from united and most of

their moves are pretty transparent and predictable!

sad... but this is how things are!

Edited by Samuian

still looking for a stand-in boss....

Promnok.jpg

Puea Pandin Party list MP Police General Pracha Promnok

Pracha approached by Puea Thai Party

The Puea Thai Party has made overtures to Puea Pandin Party list MP Police General Pracha Promnok, Puea Pandin Party list MP Wanlop Thainuea confirmed on Tuesday afternoon.

Wanlop said Police General Pracha was invited to lead the election campaign of Puea Thai Party MPs and candidates in the Northeast, where he has a strong political base. The former Police Chief worked in the Northeast, particularly in Udon Thani, for many years.

Six MPs in Police General Pracha’s faction in Puea Pandin Party wanted to set up a new political party, Wanlop said. The MPs would certainly split from Puea Pandin Party at the next general election. Whether they would join forces with other political camps had yet

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/1496...-join-puea-thai

postlogo.jpg

-- Bangkok Post 2009-07-21

Of all the nonsense stories on the News Clipping about Thaksin/Dems/politics etc. This story is probably the most important. No one wants to be in charge of Puea Thai. Its a lemon, and everyone knows it. People claim that those two recent byelection wins mean that PT is back. People who have the least Thai policical savvy understand that those two byelections never had a chance of being contested, due to the region, and the strong political machine in those areas.

After the consitutition changes are finalized, and new elections are called, watch and see how many PT MP's jump ship to Bhum Jai Thai or the Democrats. Rats/sinking ship, and all that...

Not quite, Thaksin is their real leader, he just can't find anyone to represent him as a proxy. The party has apparently decided to concentrate only on Thaksin fans and forget about their image for everyone else.

How does that line in the Bible go? "And the God said to him - You can't fool all the people all the time, Jesus"

Not quite, Thaksin is their real leader, he just can't find anyone to represent him as a proxy. The party has apparently decided to concentrate only on Thaksin fans and forget about their image for everyone else.

How does that line in the Bible go? "And the God said to him - You can't fool all the people all the time, Jesus"

Five other elements also.

First.

No one, or almost no one, wants Chalerm at the helm

besides Chalerm, and those little fish cleaning his scales parasitically.

Second.

since this is the remains of the TWO parties most likely to blatantly CHEAT in an election,

and get it's executives banned, no one wants to be on the board for fear of getting

the same bums-rush farther away from the trough.

Third.

There is nothing for them to do anyway.

Chalerm and the Thaksin clan all must wait for his word to do anything.

They get the calls and relay the info, except for road trips to bow and scrape in Dubai.

Fourth.

the 3rd string replacements for banned parents are useless in practice.

They warm seats and little else, to the point of generating their OWN

court cases the first time they publicly open their mouths. Cute but vacuous.

You must have something to actually LEAD along and about; tactics are already set:

Oppose ANYTHING the Dems say or do. Nothing more to do.

Fifth.

Thaksin seems to have more use currently for the street and propaganda branches

of his machine, than the electoral branch since there is little chance they will do more

than bray loudly between parliamentary voting sessions, and make sound bites of

illogic bounding on the astonishing.

Edited by animatic

Not exactly on topic, but an observation. I don't think that the regional divide is that clear at all. We have about 100 staff at our office here in CM city and fewer than ten are red or red sympathisers. However, the majority of the 90 plus say that when they go back to their villages in Sanpatong, Sankampaeng, Hang Dong (outer districts in CM) their families are still staunch Thanksinites. So it appears that there is also an urban/rural, young/old, eduacated/uneducated divide as well.

urban/rural, young/old, eduacated/uneducated divide as well.

That can easily be attributed to the Thaksin machine/ RedShirt's efforts to control

dissenting voices up country. And why the go to such violent extremes to keep it that way.

The urban people are younger and better educated AND have access to other opinions.

And are more willing to consider those opinions.

The country side people are older, typically less educated (but not exclusively),

and NOT having access to the same level of alternate information,

cleave to what they are allowed to hear.

Add to that the older we get the less likely we are willing to change,

and more likely we have developed longer, stronger bonds with village elders and kamnan etc.

Edited by animatic

Not exactly on topic, but an observation. I don't think that the regional divide is that clear at all. We have about 100 staff at our office here in CM city and fewer than ten are red or red sympathisers. However, the majority of the 90 plus say that when they go back to their villages in Sanpatong, Sankampaeng, Hang Dong (outer districts in CM) their families are still staunch Thanksinites. So it appears that there is also an urban/rural, young/old, eduacated/uneducated divide as well.

Slightly different form office workers but the urban working class has never been as solid a Thaksin supporting group as the lazy media imply. Some would claim Thaksin never even had a majority in it, whiohc consdidering how diided they are and that many dont vote is almost certainly true. A lot of these hail from the countryside in terms of land papers and where they get to vote but they dont want to go back and they have more in common with the aspiration of any town folk. These ones are different from the seasonal groups who just go to town to sell their labour in the low season and then go back to farming. The actual urban working class as oppsoeed to the seasonal dudes are totally ignored by all polical parties and have no representation in parlaiment as they al end up with their votes distributed all over rural constituenices rtaher than where they worjk and actally live albeit without the land papers. The divide between these young urban workers and how they think and what they weant compared to their mothers abnd fathers up country is huge and oddly enough if their needs are not caterd for Thailand faces a huge social problem and with the economy directly impacting this group it may be sooner rather than later. Politically they remain up fo rgrabs but due to the nature of hiw their vote distributes nobody may really worry about them and in there lies the problem.

That can easily be attributed to the Thaksin machine/ RedShirt's efforts to control

dissenting voices up country. And why the go to such violent extremes to keep it that way.

The urban people are younger and better educated AND have access to other opinions.

The country side people are older, typically less educated (but not exclusively),

and more likely we have developed longer, stronger bonds with village elders and kamnan etc.

So the "Folks-Hero" is Capitalizing on what exactly?

It's plain exploitation, taking advantage of the illiterate,

the less fortunate, the elderly - is it this what the PAD targets with

"new Politics- educate the rural people"?

How "nice" is that, and giving "gift" they all have to pay for, through the backdoor?

The current situation are the fruits the mans questionable leadership

has benen brought forward, the more he was looking to gather people

around him just following orders, the more incompetent they became -

now there is no one with either the right qualifications or the wish to

become known as one who pulls the "Lords" chariot...and follows his orders!

So the "Folks-Hero" is Capitalizing on what exactly?

It's plain exploitation, taking advantage of the illiterate,

the less fortunate, the elderly - is it this what the PAD targets with

"new Politics- educate the rural people"?

How "nice" is that, and giving "gift" they all have to pay for, through the backdoor?

The current situation are the fruits the mans questionable leadership

has benen brought forward, the more he was looking to gather people

around him just following orders, the more incompetent they became -

now there is no one with either the right qualifications or the wish to

become known as one who pulls the "Lords" chariot...and follows his orders!

Exactly a megalomaniac doesn't attract the best and brightest to his side.

No uncontrollable people, with their own minds, are not needed on this list,

But only those who will climb and cling onto any coattail, because that is their only hope.

Sycophants and ass kissers by the score, but no open minded thinkers, or men of considered actions.

Now PTP has, with few exceptions, mostly the ass kissers, ass kissers in the rolls,

or the children of deposed sycophants, as the team to speed the plow for the lord and master.

And the ONLY product they have to sell is the memories of the lord's past reign...

Edited by animatic

What is sad is that my lot say they don't dare admit that they are not Thaksin loyalists when they go back to their villages because of fear. There is so much fear up here in Chiang Mai of these bastard RCM51 group and their ilk. I admit that I am afraid to discuss this in our small neighbourhood even though the local somtam vendor, the drunks who I go and enjoy a rare drink with at the lao khao shack and my neighbours have known me for thirty years. But I am simply too scared to bring up this one - and hugely important - subject.

What is sad is that my lot say they don't dare admit that they are not Thaksin loyalists when they go back to their villages because of fear. There is so much fear up here in Chiang Mai of these bastard RCM51 group and their ilk. I admit that I am afraid to discuss this in our small neighbourhood even though the local somtam vendor, the drunks who I go and enjoy a rare drink with at the lao khao shack and my neighbours have known me for thirty years. But I am simply too scared to bring up this one - and hugely important - subject.

If politics cannot be discussed openly in a safe enviornment you arent going to have much democracy

If politics cannot be discussed openly in a safe environment you arent going to have much democracy

Precisely :

No open discussion; No Democracy

No free press; No Democracy

No freedom to congregate PEACEFULLY; No Democracy

No access to fair and even handed information about the issues of the day; No Democracy

Intimidation of those dissenting ; No Democracy

Violence towards those attempting free speech ; No Democracy

Only one side of the arguments allowed ; No Democracy

My wife would like us to move to Chaing Mai,

but I see it as a death sentence for me, besides the lack of work.

Some one would eventually whack me in the head...

at least in THIS current climate.

O dear please don't be alarmed, the city is fine. I am just talking about pockets of people that can become voilent. That didn't sound very convincing did it?! Chiang Mai is a great place to live and many of my friends and acquaintances have huge and heated - though never nasty - political discussions. I myself write critical things in my mag (used to more when Thaksin was such an easy target) and no one has ever given me trouble.

They've attacked Democrat leaders in the North quite a few times, and I'm confident they will do it again. It must be intimidating for Democrat campaigners, they don't get national coverage like Chuan if they get into trouble.

Abhisit has all the rights to demand the end to intimidating political opponents to have any meaningful elections. It's not Zimbabwe (yet).

>>>

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW

Family is ready for Yingluck to lead Pheu Thai Party

By Thanitaya Thanapisutkul Naya Jaikawang

The Nation

Published on July 23, 2009

The call for the return of Thaksin Shinawatra is growing louder every day from the red shirts. Payap Shinawatra, Thaksin's younger brother, talks about his family's feelings on Thaksin's fate, and who should be Thaksin's political heir.

Q: How is Thaksin going to return to the country, with his back to the wall?

A: He will come back with the consent of people in the country, with legal consent. He will come back with pride.

Q: The most serious charge against him seems to be not being loyal to the institution of monarchy?

A: We are accused - but in fact we respect the institution. We know that we have to serve every member of the Royal Family. Because we are laymen, we do not know what we have done adversely to affect the monarchy. We can give our life to them, why are we accused of not being loyal?

Q: Do you discuss among the family why Thaksin faces such serious charges?

A: It is the karma of the family and the country. If the country is unfortunate because people in the country are divided, then it is the bad karma of the country. I want to ask: how it is possible that one man alone can bring glory or bring down the country?

Q: But he had the power as the country leader?

A: When he had the power, did he abuse it? It is true that power comes with responsibility and morality, but whoever has the power must use it firmly and absolutely. When Thaksin was in power, the country was in bad shape so he had to use power more resolutely, more than thinking of morality.

Q: Are the red shirts helping Thaksin for the karma he did by seeking a Royal pardon?

A: People who are petitioning have sympathy for him and realise his good deeds and competency and want him back to help solve problems facing the country. Personally, I want to put it as "seeking a Royal decision" so that problems are resolved.

Q: But what about the righteousness?

A: When there is a strong intention, the righteousness completely vanishes. Sometimes love and sincerity is above righteousness.

Q: Do you think if the move puts the pressure on the Royal power?

A: Those who love Thaksin want compassion and sympathy (to solve the problems) and want guidance to bring about peace in the country. If society only thinks of right or wrong, the country will continue to suffer. Compassion is above law.

Q: Do you think the Shinawatra family should lead the Pheu Thai Party?

A: Why not? Many parties are developing in that direction. We should look to see if that person can bring prosperity to the party and the country.

Q: The party will be criticised that it cannot exist without Thaksin?

A: You cannot deny that this party was born from Thakin who has brought it success. It is impossible to say that it has nothing to do with Thaksin.

Q: Reports have it that Thaksin has decided to have Yingluck (Khun Poo) lead the party. Is she suitable?

A: In terms of management, closeness and control over MPs, Khun Poo is suitable. In terms of popularity, Chalerm has it. But [when giving] a house, you give [it] to your children or family members.

Q: Some people said it is not worth it because the whole family will fall victim to politics.

A: If you want to play Songkran but you don't want to get wet, then don't play. There is hot, cold water, nice-smelling, and stinking water. If you are going to play, you have to accept it. There is no success without obstacles.

Q: Have you asked Khun Poo if she is ready to politically play Songkran?

A: If it is necessary, she has to.

Q: So the family still supports each other in politics?

A: We do not support our family to play politics because they have the same last name; but we look at qualifications: Who is strong? If it is our relatives, then we are proud.

Q: What is the party's direction on bringing Thaksin home?

A: We will point out his good deeds and mistakes. If his good deeds are more than his mistakes, he should be able to return to the country and be accepted by the people.

Q: That means Thaksin must come back without any charges against him?

A: Suppose I have one baht in debt, but 5,000 baht in cash. Since I have much more money than debt, you have to accept me, right?

Q: Will it affect the country's justice system?

A: No.

Q: So the court verdict is not sacred?

A: No, we have a process to make it correct. We must have a new verdict by allowing appeal. There are many ways out.

Q: His case went through only one court, so we have to amend the law for him?

A: Suppose your house has a hole, you will allow your house to collapse because of this hole? That is up to you. We should plug up the hole so we live peacefully. Who invented law? Man. Why should we attach or stick to the law that we write forever? [in] those days this law [might have been] right, but not today. Do you want change and improvement?

Q: Do you think the country will achieve national reconciliation, if Thaksin is allowed to come back without being found guilty of any offence?

A: Yes. Every problem will end. If we think of his ability and competency, problems surrounding him are small.

Q: If the Pheu Thai Party comes back to power, will the country achieve reconciliation?

A: I have no idea. If I have power, I will prostrate myself before Abhisit, asking him to join forces in making the country prosper. You do not need to make me part of the government, let me remain as the Opposition, but can we clear up some problems?

Q: Is this what the Pheu Thai Party want?

A: No this is my personal desire.

Q: Is there a chance the Pheu Thai Party [would] join the Democrat Party in the coalition government?

A: As the saying goes, water cannot be with fire - but in one person there is earth, water, wind and fire [all] together.

Q: What are the conditions?

A: I have no idea. Today we have to put out the fire raging in the country. If we continue to quarrel, the country will be destroyed.

Q: Are you confident the party will win the next general election?

A: Yes very confident. But I do not know whether we will be the government or the opposition. We may get more MPs by 30 per cent.

The Nation

• 3 weeks later...

Chavalit turns down offer to head party

Thaksin hoped he'd front pardon push

Ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra has offered Chavalit Yongchaiyudh the post of Puea Thai Party Leader if he agrees to head the campaign seeking a Royal Pardon for him, a Puea Thai Party source says. General Chavalit has reportedly declined the offer.

The United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD) will submit its petition on Monday seeking a Royal Pardon for Thaksin, who has been sentenced to two years in jail for abuse of authority. Thaksin asked General Chavalit to lead the red shirt protesters on Monday and read the petition as they hand it to the Office of His Majesty's Principal Private Secretary. The source said General Chavalit refused the offer, saying he would only lead the party if it became serious about pursuing reconciliation and was free of any meddling by the Shinawatra family.

The source said the UDD was lobbying a former military leader or a senior bureaucrat to act as its representative following a report that the Office of His Majesty's Principal Private Secretary would not allow the UDD to hand over the petition at the office premises. Shinawat Haboonpad, a UDD core member, yesterday said: "The person to submit the petition will be a surprise. You will have to see for yourself if it is a general, a former prime minister or a respected figure. I do not want to spill the beans but it will be a real surprise."

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/2192...r-to-head-party

postlogo.jpg

-- Bangkok Post 2009-08-13

boardnews-11-18-19-05.jpg

Puea Thai Party Leader Yongyuth Wichaidit

Puea Thai Party Leader wants to step down

Puea Thai Party Leader Yongyuth Wichaidit plans to step down so that his Party could be revamped and better prepared to fight back against the government.

In an exclusive interview to The Nation, Yongyuth admitted his Party now needs to be completely overhauled to prevent it from sinking further.

The most important aspect of the restructuring should be to change the executive board, Yongyuth said, adding he had made preparations to submit his resignation.

Yongyuth decided to step down after calls by certain PTP MPs asking him and Party Secretary-General Sunee Luengwichit to resign because both of them were not MPs.

Yongyuth admitted that he is not qualified to lead the PTP now that it is the main opposition party. He said the Party Leader needs to be an MP so that he can perform as the Opposition Leader. He added that the Party Leader needs to have enough political influence, which he also lacks.

"I've tried to resign three times already, but I was asked to hang on because of legal technicalities," Yongyuth said.

Brothers face off in Surat

The upcoming by-election in Surat Thani is a battle between not only government and opposition parties, but two well-known local families.

Thani Thaugsuban, the ruling Democrat Party candidate, is younger brother of the Party's Secretary-General Suthep, who stepped down as a Surat Thani MP following an Election Commission ruling that shares he (and many other MPs) held violated the Constitution. Suthep's resignation led to the by-election.

Thani's competitor in the August 30 vote is Pheu Thai Party candidate Sompol Wichaidit, who is the younger brother of the opposition Party's Leader Yongyuth Wichaidit.

People from the Thaugsuban family have won MP seats in Surat Thani many times. But the loss by a Thaugsuban man in a recent ballot to pick a new provincial administrative organisation chief was seen as a boost for the chances of someone outside of the family.

The Democrats want to retain the seat to maintain the status quo while Pheu Thai aspires to win to undermine the rival party's stronghold, which would in turn boost the opposition party's morale. Both parties have mobilised a lot of personnel and resources in a bid to win this important seat.

Thani, 52, served as a kamnan for many years in the southern province and was deputy chief of the local administrators association and honoured as an outstanding kamnan. His last seat in local politics was chief of the Surat Thani provincial administrative organisation.

But when he sought re-election, the EC denied his victory for allegedly violating an electoral law. The Democrat Party later decided to field him as its candidate for the MP seat after Suthep resigned. It will be Thani's first bid to enter national politics. His brother Suthep is expected to join his campaigning from today.

Thani expressed confidence about his chances. He said he had visited his constituents regularly and believed his party had the locals' hearts.

In the ballot for local PAO chief last month, Damrong Thaugsuban, a relative of Thani and Suthep, was defeated. However, Damrong contested independently without support from the Democrat Party or the blessing of Suthep.

Thani described the upcoming election as a popularity contest between the prime minister and Democrat leader, Abhisit Vejjajiva, and Pheu Thai supporter and ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra.

Sompol, the 57-year-old Pheu Thai Party candidate, was in the tourism business before entering politics as an adviser to a number of Cabinet members, including his brothers Yongyuth and Thawat.

Sompol contested a general election in Surat Thani under the Thai Rak Thai Party banner in 2005 but lost to a Democrat candidate from the Thaugsuban family. Two years later he was part of the Pheu Thai Party's working group for the South.

Sompol said that he wanted to bring a change to Surat Thani, claiming that the "political monopoly" over the recent past had had limited benefit for local residents. However, he has only a little time to visit constituents.

"In the remaining time [before the election], even if I could stay awake all day, I would not be able to visit the whole constituency," he said.

But he still had hope given the result of the recent local election, which a Thaugsuban candidate defeated.

"I don't want to decide for local residents if the result will affect this upcoming election. If people want a change, they will choose for themselves," he said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2009-08-13

Edited by sriracha john

Shinawat Haboonpad, a UDD core member, yesterday said: "The person to submit the petition will be a surprise. You will have to see for yourself if it is a general, a former prime minister or a respected figure. I do not want to spill the beans but it will be a real surprise."

The man who changed his name to Shinawat :)

sounds as if the terms are mutually exclusive... :D

Ousted prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra has offered Chavalit Yongchaiyudh the post of Puea Thai Party Leader if he agrees to head the campaign seeking a Royal Pardon for him, a Puea Thai Party source says. General Chavalit has reportedly declined the offer.

The United Front for Democracy against Dictatorship (UDD) will submit its petition on Monday seeking a Royal Pardon for Thaksin, who has been sentenced to two years in jail for abuse of authority. Thaksin asked General Chavalit to lead the red shirt protesters on Monday and read the petition as they hand it to the Office of His Majesty's Principal Private Secretary. The source said General Chavalit refused the offer, saying he would only lead the party if it became serious about pursuing reconciliation and was free of any meddling by the Shinawatra family.

The source said the UDD was lobbying a former military leader or a senior bureaucrat to act as its representative following a report that the Office of His Majesty's Principal Private Secretary would not allow the UDD to hand over the petition at the office premises. Shinawat Haboonpad, a UDD core member, yesterday said: "The person to submit the petition will be a surprise. You will have to see for yourself if it is a general, a former prime minister or a respected figure. I do not want to spill the beans but it will be a real surprise."

Continued here:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/2192...r-to-head-party

postlogo.jpg

Maybe Chavalit is not as nuts as most think.

The taxi leader dude uses the usual "keep them in suspense over something" that ensures a better turnout and full partcipation of the media. Funny how they always fall for the same tactic. Quite effective stuff. Wonder who they will will wheel out as the surprise in the end. Most of their keep em in suspense things turn out very anti-climatic even if effective in maintaining PR interest to the denouement. One day they need to pull a big surprise though just to maintain the effectiveness of the tactic over time. Maybe it will be this time.

Rumours around that the household wont accept the petition. Mind you not sure where those rumours emanate from.

Thaksin asked General Chavalit to lead the red shirt protesters on Monday and read the petition as they hand it to the Office of His Majesty's Principal Private Secretary.The source said General Chavalit refused the offer, saying he would only lead the party if it became serious about pursuing reconciliation and was free of any meddling by the Shinawatra family.

postlogo.jpg

Getting desperate?

He, Thaksin wouldn't stop at anything, would he?

They've attacked Democrat leaders in the North quite a few times.......................................edited.....

Abhisit has all the rights to demand the end to intimidating political opponents to have any meaningful elections. It's not Zimbabwe (yet).

>>>

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW

The Nation

A: Why not? Many parties are developing in that direction. We should look to see if that person can bring prosperity to the party and the country.

The Nation

How many parties are "developing" in this direction?

And yes bring "prosperity to the party", means prosperity of the parties members,

where is this "prosperity for the party", supposed to come from?

And why is "to the country second, not first in the answer...?

What do you think?

If they, the Shinawatra family, get it their way Thailand will be surely on it's way .... to become a copy of this African, derailed country...because it will be only the front office for Mr.Thaksin's business plans and power ambitions!

Edited by Samuian

He, Thaksin wouldn't stop at anything, would he?

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW

The Nation

The Nation

How many parties are "developing" in this direction?

And yes bring "prosperity to the party", means prosperity of the parties members,

where is this "prosperity for the party", supposed to come from?

And why is "to the country second, not first in the answer...?

What do you think?

If they, the Shinawatra family, get it their way Thailand will be surely on it's way ....

to become a copy of this African, derailed country...

because it will be only the front office for Mr.Thaksin's business plans and power ambitions!

They can't even make a decent charade of it.

Money for the PTP party,

which essentially means Shinawatra Inc's political BRAND,

DOES come before things for the country.

Pathetic bunch of prats.

The source said the UDD was lobbying a former military leader or a senior bureaucrat to act as its representative following a report that the Office of His Majesty's Principal Private Secretary would not allow the UDD to hand over the petition at the office premises.

Rumours around that the household wont accept the petition. Mind you not sure where those rumours emanate from.

I found that rather interesting as well.