Expat Clubs In Phuket

Syl

I have been reading an old thread on Thai Visa regarding expat clubs in Pattaya.

I know of one such club in phuket that exists, and they do some very good charity work for the local community.

I have also heard that there is another secret organization, involved in stamping out corruption & drug dealers involving farange only money makers. :D

But joining a normal club would interest me, if it was just to meet others and have a few drinks and a giggle, without getting involved with local issues on the island. :o

Syl.

I have been reading an old thread on Thai Visa regarding expat clubs in Pattaya.

I know of one such club in phuket that exists, and they do some very good charity work for the local community.

I have also heard that there is another secret organization, involved in stamping out corruption & drug dealers involving farange only money makers. :D

But joining a normal club would interest me, if it was just to meet others and have a few drinks and a giggle, without getting involved with local issues on the island. :o

Syl.

In Cyprus we have a monthly forum meet at one of the local restaurants. It's a fun night because you get to meet fellow posters

as well a holiday visitors who use the forum, but are just visiting. It works our at about €20 each once a month, it can a good club atmosphere. Might be worth a shot.

Cyprus 1951

Syl.

In Cyprus we have a monthly forum meet at one of the local restaurants. It's a fun night because you get to meet fellow posters

as well a holiday visitors who use the forum, but are just visiting. It works our at about €20 each once a month, it can a good club atmosphere. Might be worth a shot.

Cyprus 1951

Thai Visa has a annually barbeque around April time. I will be defiantly going to that one. :D

Syl

Oh well it looks like I will have to wait for the next Thai Visa Barbeque to meet some new faces.

My understanding being in Thailand for so long, is that most expats do not get on with each other and are actually running away from a pervious life for some reason or another.

But saying that I have meet some genuine expats who I am glade to say have become very good friends. Just stating a fact that's all.

I used to be a member of the Rotary club, but I always had someone trying to sale me something or try to get me to invest into something.

Syl.

The BBAP (British Business Association of Phuket) meets for a pub night and a restaurant night monthly. It is not particularly British or even business orientated, and the get-togethers are usually a lot of fun.

Member chill here is the Honourable Secretary, so he'd be the person to contact if you are interested in joining or want more info.

Thanks for the info thaiwanderer & slackula, I will check them out.

Its refreshing to know that not all Thai visa members hold grudges regarding some members who are a bit outspoken.

If every body had the same views the world would be a boring place. Maybe I should start a thread about sausages or pies.

Or I could always do a daily weather report, Ha Ha..

Thanks again.

Syl.

Syl.

Cyprus 1951

Thai Visa has a annually barbeque around April time. I will be defiantly going to that one. :D

Syl

We are over in April, any idea when in April and where? . We are over from 15th to 30th. It would be good to meet some other ex-pats

But joining a normal club would interest me, if it was just to meet others and have a few drinks and a giggle, without getting involved with local issues on the island. :D

Syl.

Cyprus 1951

Syl

We are over in April, any idea when in April and where? . We are over from 15th to 30th. It would be good to meet some other ex-pats

Not sure what the date would be. Maybe if one of the moderators are reading, they could let you know.

You could always PM admin. I will look forward to meeting you. :o

Sy

Syl.

Where's the emoticon for eyes rolling back in head ?

Wow expat drug clubs - was this expose by NBT English News part of it?

A forty nine year old British man, David Kevin Griffin, was arrested by Kamala police in Phuket and brought in front of the local press. The arrest took place on 1.45 am on Wednesday when police set up a check point at Na Nok and searched the man’s vehicle. Mr. Griffin was driving from Cherng Thale to Patong. Police found 16.48 grams of cocaine, marijuana, plus ecstasy, and seized them as evidence. The man admitted to police to possessing marijuana for his own consumption, but denied any other charges.

item---1--- on

http://thainews.prd.go.th/newsenglish/prev...php?news_id=949

Andaman News NBT TV (VHF dial) + Radio Thailand FM90.5 at 8.30am & perhaps repeats on Phuket Cable TV channel 1 at 7pm & 1am, broadcast to Phang Nga, Krabi & Phuket provinces & maybe Mazz Radio FM108 at 7pm in Phuket, Thursday 5 February 2009 & http://thainews.prd.go.th/newsenglish/ & www.YouTube.com/AndamanNews Send comments to [email protected]

post-66146-1234798268_thumb.jpg