Total Rubbish On The Internet

farangconnection

This is a warning for anyone who tries to book Hotels on the internet, in places in Thailand where they are not familar with.

First site: Agoda.com. I tried booking a room in Surin for three nights. This is what they came up with (pasted from site)

Unfortunately, we have no available rooms in Surin for your requested dates. I tried 20 dates at various times during the year. Same

And there was me thinking that out of 32 hotels,resorts,guest houses & appartment hotels there might be one room left.

Second site: Hotel Thailand. Not to be put off, i tried this site. Still only one hotel in Surin, the Tong Tarin but you can have a standard room for a whapping 1,440 a night. Not bad for a hotel with a walk in price of 400-710฿. Unfortunately,' No Vacancies' Just for fun I phoned them. Plenty of rooms free.

Third site: Asia Rooms: Back to my old favourite. Still only 1 hotel in Surin, but with these, that 1,440฿ room only costs 890฿. Great...........what a saving.

Again, no rooms though.

Oh well, I'll go to Ubon.

Edited by farangconnection

This is a warning for anyone who tries to book Hotels on the internet, in places in Thailand where they are not familar with.

Tried HotelTravel.com - same result, 1 hotel (the same one) - US$ 27.00/night. However, after 15 minutes of searching, they couldn't determine whether there is a room available.

It's probably a cunning plan to keep Riff-Raf like you and me out, F*t G*t.

Cheers

Y

Make that 25 minutes

Edited by Yorkie

Yes I've often wondered about these internet booking sites which all claim to be best with cheapest prices and blablabla..................... :D

However as Khun FC mentioned this might be a good opportunity to visit Ubon in stead! :D

I'll organize a free guide :o

Yes I've often wondered about these internet booking sites which all claim to be best with cheapest prices and blablabla..................... :D

However as Khun FC mentioned this might be a good opportunity to visit Ubon in stead! :D

I'll organize a free guide :o

Yes, Martin is absolutely right on this one. I had an e-mail last week from an agency I booked with for a Bangkok hotel about a year ago, saying that there has never been a better time to book and prices are heavily discounted because of the economic downturn. I took a look and the prices are slightly up from last year in baht prices (way up for tourists coming from the West given the exchange rates). If you book an hotel in a smaller city, many internet agencies will jack the walk-in prices up massively as per Martin's report.