Penang 60-day Tourist Visa Run

I'm considering doing a visa run from Bangkok to Penang to obtain a 60-day tourist visa and be able to have one 30-day extension. Can someone please give me a price breakdown for the visa and any same-day/next day fees that might be involved.

What is the latest time I can arrive to have my visa the same day/next day/or in two days? Does the consolate prcess visas on Saturday/Sunday (do they count as a day processing)?

Lastly, can anyone give me the price of a train ticket/sleeper ticket/bus for the visa run and the time they leave? Are there any companies that can arrange this like the ones to Poipet? Can anyone recommend cheap value accomidations in Penang? Thanks

matt

Hi!

I have just done that.

Aproximatly 10,000 THB

But thats with Air Asia not with the train.

They have two flights daily. You go there with the one in the morning, bring your PP

to the Agent in Georgetown, then you check into your accomodation. Spent the day

at some restaurants.

The next afternoon, the agent will bring your PP around and you go back to Bkk with

the flicht in the evening!

Its pretty easy, no need to pay for any tours from Bkk.

:o

I'm considering doing a visa run from Bangkok to Penang to obtain a 60-day tourist visa and be able to have one 30-day extension. Can someone please give me a price breakdown for the visa and any same-day/next day fees that might be involved.

What is the latest time I can arrive to have my visa the same day/next day/or in two days? Does the consolate prcess visas on Saturday/Sunday (do they count as a day processing)?

Lastly, can anyone give me the price of a train ticket/sleeper ticket/bus for the visa run and the time they leave? Are there any companies that can arrange this like the ones to Poipet? Can anyone recommend cheap value accomidations in Penang? Thanks

matt

Try this link.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?ac...highlite=penang

There was not much of a delay, even though it didn't start exactly in time.

You just need to go directly from the Airport by taxi to Geoegetown and hand

your stuff (PP+2 pics) to the agent.

However, if too late, you just need to pay about 400 B more to get it done till

the next day.