First Aid Course

eek

Been years since i did a first aid course. Would like to do a refresher.

Anyone know where? Cost? etc.

Tnx.

I recollect that there was a thread on this not all that long ago. Maybe a search might find it.

If that fails maybe we could practise CPR together............

Edited by john b good

There is an American group that comes each year and does a week long wilderness first air course. I believe that it just happened. Other than this, we have found nothing.

We did, however, hire an American RN to come and do a refresher for us two years ago. There were about 20 of us.... perhaps we could arrange it again this year.

Tnx guys.

I did try the search, as i thought this would have probably been asked before, but nothing came up for me.

Think its useful to always get a refresher from time to time.

What about Thai places? I havent mentioned to my bf about going to a first aid course, but im sure he would likely be interested too. If the course is in Thai then my poor Thai teamed with his translations should suffice for a refresher.

Oh, and john b good, thank you for the offer of CPR practice! ...but I just ate really garlicy food. :o

Tnx guys.

I did try the search, as i thought this would have probably been asked before, but nothing came up for me.

Think its useful to always get a refresher from time to time.

What about Thai places? I havent mentioned to my bf about going to a first aid course, but im sure he would likely be interested too. If the course is in Thai then my poor Thai teamed with his translations should suffice for a refresher.

Oh, and john b good, thank you for the offer of CPR practice! ...but I just ate really garlicy food. :D

Eek. I am right into garlic :o

There's a local red cross office along the river between the US consulate & the flower market. They offer first aid courses in Thai. There's a regularly scheduled course, or if you have ten people, I think, you can organize your own course through them. The cost for 10 people is 7000 baht. I'll probably be organizing one of these "private" courses for my wife and her staff in a couple of months. Let me know if you might want to join up with us.

There's a local red cross office along the river between the US consulate & the flower market. They offer first aid courses in Thai. There's a regularly scheduled course, or if you have ten people, I think, you can organize your own course through them. The cost for 10 people is 7000 baht. I'll probably be organizing one of these "private" courses for my wife and her staff in a couple of months. Let me know if you might want to join up with us.

If any courses start, I would be interested in joining. Just PM me...

Thanks, Mark

Hah, gawd, driving lessons..its a non-starter!

Actually, what prompted this enquiry was an accident I read about, got me thinking about what I would do if I saw the situation. Realised that I am a bit rusty on my first aid.

cmdas, thank you so much for that info. Will ask my bf about the Thai version first, but he may like to do the English version instead. Will let you know as soon as i do.

• 3 months later...

I apologize for the short notice on this - I was only informed this morning. My wife has organized a Red Cross first aid/CPR course starting on Monday and there's space available. The language of instruction will be Thai. It runs 18 hours, and the schedule is 9am-noon Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday next week, and Monday & Tuesday the following week. (that's 25-27,29 May & 1-2 June). The cost is 800 baht/person and the course will be taught at the Red Cross center by the river, between the US consulate and Warorot market. Basic certification will be provided upon successful completion of the course. If anyone's interested, please pm me.

Hi everyone,

i am an English HSE first aid instructor living in Chiang Mai.I have just run 2 courses at Prem school this weekend,if anyone is interested in a course please contact me on e-mail at //removed as per forum rules - use PM//

I look forward to hearing from you

Rich

Hi everyone,

i am an English HSE first aid instructor living in Chiang Mai.I have just run 2 courses at Prem school this weekend,if anyone is interested in a course please contact me on e-mail at

Rich

I did Rich's CPR/First Aid class on Sunday with my 2 Thai stepdaughters. He's a good teacher and has real life experience as a police paramedic, the course content is up to date and complete for a basic intro 5 hour program. In case there is a problem with his posting his email address, his information can be found in the TV classifieds.

Edited by Tywais

My sincere appreciation to cm das - he responded immediately to my PM yesterday and my wife showed up at the Red Cross location this morning at 9am.

She came home with glowing stories of quality instruction and very nice folks and she is very much looking forward to completing the course.

Side note - she had done one on her own long ago and after we found one another, I urged her to take a full-on commercial driving school and I just found out today that a first aid/CPR course was included. She will renew her commercial license within a couple of weeks and is required to take a two-hour class at the licensing office which will likely include some updates in first aid and CPR.

In spite of complaints I hear about Thais and Thailand sometimes on TV, they certainly do seem to have their act together about some things, yes?

Hi everyone,

i am an English HSE first aid instructor living in Chiang Mai.I have just run 2 courses at Prem school this weekend,if anyone is interested in a course please contact me on e-mail at

Rich

I did Rich's CPR/First Aid class on Sunday with my 2 Thai stepdaughters. He's a good teacher and has real life experience as a police paramedic, the course content is up to date and complete for a basic intro 5 hour program. In case there is a problem with his posting his email address, his information can be found in the TV classifieds.

He is also quite expensive. I suggest checking also with the Red Cross.

• 1 month later...