Rising Antivirus

Daffy D

The last Rising update installed a new 2009 version that is on a 34 day license, after that it will no longer be free. :D

Now that is a real pain in the butt, I have got used to Rising, having got it all set up to how I want it. Now they do this. :D

What I really want to know is what free program can I use to take its place? I am running Avira Free edition with Rising and they worked well together stopping just about anything from infecting my system.

So help please from those who know these things what free program is now available that will do for me what Rising Antivirus does?

The answer need not be conventional but better PM me with anything like that.

Distraught Daffy :o

It is one of the many good programs put out by Reimar, though I can't find it now by searching the software section.

Good program, I like it.

========================================================================

Rising AntiVirus 2008 Free Edition English Download

Rising AntiVirus is a anti-virus security software from a Beijing, China based company of the same name, and is one of the most popular anti-virus solutions in China. Since April 2008, Rising has giving away.

Rising Antivirus protects computers against all types of viruses, Trojans, Worms, Rootkits and other malicious programs. Easy to use, Active Defense technology, Patented Unknown Virus technology and Patented Scan and Clean Smartupdate technology make Rising Antivirus an install and forget product and, allowing user to focus on using the computer to perform jobs and tasks efficiently.

Features of Rising AntiVirus Free Edition

* Proactive Defence Technology

* Patented Scanning Technology for Unknown Viruses

* Patented Fully Automatic SmartUpdate

* Mail Protection (POP3/SMTP)

* Smart Virtual Machine with Behaviour and Packing Pattern Recognition

* Application Protection (RISING unique Account Safe function protects your online bank, online game, MSN, E-mail account, Yahoo Messenger and other private information.)

* Self Protection

* Application Access Control

* Program Startup Control

* Malicious Behavior Detection

* Hidden Process Detection

* Computer Security Check

* Security Tool Integration Platform

=====================================================================

Rising Antiviru

:o

www.comodo.com

No renewal or update fees ever!

freebutton.jpg FREE Comodo AntiVirus

freebutton.jpg FREE Comodo Firewall

freebutton.jpg FREE Comodo Internet Security

freebutton.jpg FREE Website Authentication

freebutton.jpg FREE Email Security Certificate

freebutton.jpg FREE Comodo SecureEmail

All for free, for life. (well, at least until the company stops providing the software.)

I use the firewall. It is very powerful, but sometimes the Defence+ is a bit annoying if you set it to safe mode.

The antivirus is on par with any other commercial offerings.

Edited by filingaccount

comodo is good,

but sorry, your post looks so spammish

Right :o

If you go to comodo.com and have a little peek you will quickly realize I copy/pasted the info right from the front page.

Go troll someplace else.

wow u used copy and paste, i didnt figure that out :D

relax before you pop a vein :D

MC2 That's the pot calling the kettle black. :D

Filingaccount gave a good post and you take a pop at him :burp:

Your Avatar? isn't he the little s*** that got his ass well and truly kicked in Pretty Woman? :o

She knew an ass**** when she saw one. :D:D:D:wai::P :jerk: :burp:

<h1 class="mn pn">download_avg_software_-en.jpg</h1> <h2 class="box prdhdr home">Home Security</h2>box_ais_mr_s.jpg

AVG Internet Security

Use the Internet with confidence

Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware, Anti-Spam, Firewall and new web protection. Identifies and stops threats before they become a problem.

Learn more

All Home Security products

Download free trial versions

<h2 class="box prdhdr business">Business Security</h2>box_aav_mr_s.jpg

AVG Anti-Virus Network Edition

Focus on your business and minimize IT resource requirements

Antivirus and antispyware protection for workstations and file servers.

Learn more

Compare Business Security products

Download free trial versions

<h2 class="mb_half prdhdr warn">Downadup worm infects over 9 Million PCs</h2> AVG detects and heals all variants of the recent Downadup worm that infecting numerous PCs worldwide. Unpatched PCs are most at risk as well as networks with weak or no passwords.Read AVG blog

<h2 class="box">Press Releases & News</h2>

More <h2 class="box prdhdr bulb">Popular links</h2> Buy & Download AVG Get software updates

Renew your software license

Register AVG Try AVG for free

Upgrade from AVG Free Reseller Center

Reseller Locator Support for AVG version 7.5

Become a Reseller (watch the video) AVG Blog

Update AVG - AVI 270.10.25/ 1956

Added detection of new variant of Worm/Generic.VBX, new variants of trojans Generic12.BQIU, SHeur2.QWV, PSW.Generic6.BDOJ, Agent.AZCM, Pakes.BMD.

February 16, 2009

hey OP , try AVG :o

www.comodo.com

No renewal or update fees ever!

freebutton.jpg FREE Comodo AntiVirus

freebutton.jpg FREE Comodo Firewall

freebutton.jpg FREE Comodo Internet Security

freebutton.jpg FREE Website Authentication

freebutton.jpg FREE Email Security Certificate

freebutton.jpg FREE Comodo SecureEmail

All for free, for life. (well, at least until the company stops providing the software.)

I use the firewall. It is very powerful, but sometimes the Defence+ is a bit annoying if you set it to safe mode.

The antivirus is on par with any other commercial offerings.

Avast is another good free one :o

The last Rising update installed a new 2009 version that is on a 34 day license, after that it will no longer be free. :D

Now that is a real pain in the butt, I have got used to Rising, having got it all set up to how I want it. Now they do this. :D

What I really want to know is what free program can I use to take its place? I am running Avira Free edition with Rising and they worked well together stopping just about anything from infecting my system.

So help please from those who know these things what free program is now available that will do for me what Rising Antivirus does?

The answer need not be conventional but better PM me with anything like that.

Distraught Daffy :o

Don't panic. :D It's a mistake. Download the new version from here. Uninstall your current version and install the one you've just downloaded.

RISING, the famous security vendor, has released Rising Antivirus Free Edition 2009.

Because of technical issue, some users who get upgrade through old Rising Antivirus Free Edition will get Rising Antivirus 2009 trial version product, or failed to get upgrade.We are very sorry about this issue.

In order to continue using Rising Antivirus Free Edition, please uninstall Rising Antivirus Free Edition 2008 or Rising Antivirus 2009 trial version product, then download and install Rising Antivirus Free Edition 2009.