Farang Kids Being Raised By The Isaan Nanny

dave9988

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ive never been able to understand this phenomenon. Rich parents pay someone with no education to raise their children for them. The fact that they are wealthy suggests that you are educated, therefore, how do they come to this decision? You cannpt go to the Phrom Pong area without seeing this. Half the time, the nanny will be chatting wildly with another nanny while the children walk behind them. You even see the farang children speaking degrees of fluent Thai and Isaan. Why do people have children if they have no interest in actually raising and caring for them?

Also, for those of you with teenage farang kids in high school and middle school here, can you pretty please tell them to Shut the F@## up in the movie theaters? I had to embarrass a couple of them the other day, and I know its not good for their self esteem, but since you have not taught them simple manners, I guess I have to. Please, do a better job raising your kids here inbetween all your "working late" nights.

My 11 year old son now in the UK was raised for the first 3 years of his life by what you call an Issan nanny - she was the most dedicated caring person anyone could have wished for. My son as a result has a great fondness for Thai people and the culture. It has opened up his eyes to the sensibilities of others and the need for being tolerant. Very narrow view in deed from the poster.

Ive never been able to understand this phenomenon. Rich parents pay someone with no education to raise their children for them. The fact that they are wealthy suggests that you are educated, therefore, how do they come to this decision? You cannpt go to the Phrom Pong area without seeing this. Half the time, the nanny will be chatting wildly with another nanny while the children walk behind them. You even see the farang children speaking degrees of fluent Thai and Isaan. Why do people have children if they have no interest in actually raising and caring for them?

Also, for those of you with teenage farang kids in high school and middle school here, can you pretty please tell them to Shut the F@## up in the movie theaters? I had to embarrass a couple of them the other day, and I know its not good for their self esteem, but since you have not taught them simple manners, I guess I have to. Please, do a better job raising your kids here inbetween all your "working late" nights.

My 11 year old son now in the UK was raised for the first 3 years of his life by what you call an Issan nanny - she was the most dedicated caring person anyone could have wished for. My son as a result has a great fondness for Thai people and the culture. It has opened up his eyes to the sensibilities of others and the need for being tolerant. Very narrow view in deed from the poster.

Dude, your kids 11, give it some time to form actual opinions and to get out of the "omg my kids amazing" light your shining on him. I was talking from personal experience, and as I am a social creature I hung out with many many people from almost all the international schools in bangkok. Tonight alone im going to londoners to hang out with kids from ISB and Harrow, maybe a few NIST kids will be there that Ill give me hello to. Not to mention all my BPS friends... And seriously your kids 11, everyone thinks their children are saints at 11 unless they're terrible.

Dude, your kids 11, give it some time to form actual opinions and to get out of the "omg my kids amazing" light your shining on him. I was talking from personal experience, and as I am a social creature I hung out with many many people from almost all the international schools in bangkok. Tonight alone im going to londoners to hang out with kids from ISB and Harrow, maybe a few NIST kids will be there that Ill give me hello to. Not to mention all my BPS friends... And seriously your kids 11, everyone thinks their children are saints at 11 unless they're terrible.

Not a saint just understanding and respectful of other cultures starting off with his nanny in Thailand - he is 11 years old and has lived in Thailand, Saudi and the US before going back to UK. I

so when a group of kids are yelling to the next group of kids in a different row in a theater and ruining the experience for the rest of the audience, and I tell them to stop, I am embarrassing myself?

Yes

yes

Completely agree

The point about the farang children speaking Isaan was not so much about their balance between learning English and Thai as it is proof that they are spending an overwhelming amount of time with the paid help.

Look at how many wealthy and educated Thai children are in the exact same positions? Are you saying it's a problem for the farang children? and whys that!?

I am guessing you are just a troll, but the point is that wealthy educated intelligent people do not give a flying fuc_k about their children to the point that they are speaking the nanny's language. This is common everywhere and not something easily understood. Why have children if you are not willing to raise them yourself?

Its no surprise that these same kids grow up into little asshol_es (your words to describe yourself).

But please do explain why its wrong to ask someone to stop talking in a theatre. The fact that you refused to stop talking as a teen and weren't embarrased when it happened says alot about you as a human being. Did Mommy and Daddy not pay enough attention to you?

Edited by dave9988

I am guess you are just a troll,

Wow and that's what i was thinking about the OP?

I mean really! I would HATE for a child to be raised in Thailand and be bilingual or trilingual from an early age! I would also hate having to answer to some random stranger that thought HE knew how I should raise my child!

jdnasia,

Come on, you are just taking out your insecurities about yoruself on me in regards to me pointing out that you are completely dellusional in your endless support and unwillingness to criticize anything the PAD has ever done. So now you will try to pick points with me in any topic to scratch that itch. Lets just agree to disagree and avoid each other.

jdnasia,

Come on, you are just taking out your insecurities about yoruself on me in regards to me pointing out that you are completely dellusional in your endless support and unwillingness to criticize anything the PAD has ever done. So now you will try to pick points with me in any topic to scratch that itch. Lets just agree to disagree and avoid each other.

THIS thread is about someone that thinks he knows how other people should raise their kids (and that yelling in a theater is acceptable) not about your silliness elsewhere :o

My kid (Thai kid, Thai parents) spends plenty of time with the nanny, but without a doubt also spends more time with his parents than well... likely most families on the planet. We just choose to enjoy not being tired/grumpy/overworked. I'd wager that you don't do all the work on your car everytime it's due for a checkup at 10,000 kilometers either. Some other benefits...

-the wife doesn't have to be a full time mom when she's hauling around another 10+ kgs. of water + baby (Heng Junior's sibling on the way).... I've seen plenty of people have to do exactly that, and IMO it directly impacts on the second child's development

-they get first hand contact with someone from the complete opposite side of the socio-economic spectrum and thus get to see close up what happens when one is disadvantaged in terms of education and financial planning over generations

-you don't have to get poop and urine on your hands / and baby food on your clothes everyday for several years to bond with your children... I think that's mostly wishful thinking. A few times a week is plenty (and for myself, I think HJ enjoys "sports and play" time with me more than "making sure all the feces is cleared from your butt crack" time)

But yes, there are types as well who don't spend much time with their kids... and *shock* did you know there are people from all nationalities that send their kids to boarding school and use these things called "daycare centers?"

It hardly means that all or even most people with nanny's or who went to military school don't know or have a close relationship with their folks.

:o

Edited by Heng

jdnasia,

THIS thread is about someone that thinks he knows how other people should raise their kids (and that yelling in a theater is acceptable) not about your silliness elsewhere :o

What I said:

"Also, for those of you with teenage farang kids in high school and middle school here, can you pretty please tell them to Shut the F@## up in the movie theaters? I had to embarrass a couple of them the other day"

Where did you get yelling from? Did you invent it in that confused little head of yours?

Edited by dave9988

My kid (Thai kid, Thai parents) spends plenty of time with the nanny, but without a doubt also spends more time with his parents than well... likely most families on the planet. We just choose to enjoy not being tired/grumpy/overworked. I'd wager that you don't do all the work on your car everytime it's due for a checkup at 10,000 kilometers either. Some other benefits...

-the wife doesn't have to be a full time mom when she's hauling around another 10+ kgs. of water + baby (Heng Junior's sibling on the way).... I've seen plenty of people have to do exactly that, and IMO it directly impacts on the second child's development

-they get first hand contact with someone from the complete opposite side of the socio-economic spectrum and thus get to see close up what happens when one is disadvantaged in terms of education and financial planning over generations

-you don't have to get poop and urine on your hands / and baby food on your clothes everyday for several years to bond with your children... I think that's mostly wishful thinking. A few times a week is plenty (and for myself, I think HJ enjoys "sports and play" time with me more than "making sure all the feces is cleared from your butt crack" time)

But yes, there are types as well who don't spend much time with their kids... and *shock* did you know there are people from all nationalities that send their kids to boarding school and use these things called "daycare centers?"

It hardly means that all or even most people with nanny's or who went to military school don't know or have a close relationship with their folks.

that's pretty much not what i am talking about. neither is the nanny that accompanies mommy and caries the groceries home. if you live near emporium or spend a lot of time around there you will know what i am talking about. it is a simple observation that the farang children are being looked after much more like the way the Isaan nanny would look after her own children (laughing at them when they put a bag over their head) when she is outside the house and out of your view.

how often does the nanny leave the home alone with your son?

jdnasia,

What I said:

"Also, for those of you with teenage farang kids in high school and middle school here, can you pretty please tell them to Shut the F@## up in the movie theaters? I had to embarrass a couple of them the other day"

Where did you get yelling from? Did you invent it in that confused little head of yours?

My KIds a Black Belt in Origami, if you had told him to shut the #$*! up he would have leapt over the seat and gave you a few swift kicks and punches, double somersaulted back over and landed perfectly in his seat and carried on his conversation.

Waddya gonna do about that ? :D

Edited by Maigo6

My KIds a Black Belt in Origami, if you had told him to shut the #$*! up he would have leapt over the seat and gave you a few swift kicks and punches, double somersaulted back over and landed perfectly in his seat and carried on his conversation.

Waddya gonna do about that ? :o

I'd lock him in the cupboard with the rest of the unruly kids I have encountered.

jdnasia,

What I said:

LOL

Now we are to assume that dave didn't raise his voice to get over the volume of said teenagers speaking and the movie itself ... right.

It does lend itself to the ridiculous though, .. some guy that thinks far too highly of himself tells some kids to "Shut the F@## up" ... the kids smack him down and then thanks to learning Thai from their nannies .. speak fluently to the police telling them what a rude dude the guy was.

Score 2 for the nannies and kids and 0 for Dave.

He learned all of that in his first 3 years of life , mmmmmmm , you should be on the GENIUS thread .

jdnasia,

What I said:

I'd fold a paper Swan.

That will teach him a lesson.

Edited by Moonrakers

It does lend itself to the ridiculous though, .. some guy that thinks far too highly of himself tells some kids to "Shut the F@## up" ... the kids smack him down and then thanks to learning Thai from their nannies .. speak fluently to the police telling them what a rude dude the guy was.

Did you get this scenario from your own personal experience?

So to sum up what jdinasia and aussiejosh have said in this thread is;

It is better to be brought up by a Thai nanny, speak fluent Thai, be completly ignorant and selfish to other people, act like thugs beating people up, and then lying to police.

Yes, I have to agree sounds like fun.

Thai nannies and kids 3-0

Edited by scottyd

that's pretty much not what i am talking about. neither is the nanny that accompanies mommy and caries the groceries home. if you live near emporium or spend a lot of time around there you will know what i am talking about. it is a simple observation that the farang children are being looked after much more like the way the Isaan nanny would look after her own children (laughing at them when they put a bag over their head) when she is outside the house and out of your view.

Still, I think you're probably imagining more than what is actually taking place. My nanny doesn't leave home alone with my son but she will often be alone with him in shopping centers: Emporium, Paragon, Central Chidlom, Central Pattaya included. Often during the time me and the wife decide to have a meal without HJ playing the drums or baseball with the tableware. Or when me or her decide that we'd like to buy something without spending less than 45 seconds or less (which I'm sure you know is about average for a 1 to 2 year old's attention span) thinking about it before having to run after HJ who is heading straight for the crystal and china section of the department store.

It doesn't mean she spends more time with him although I'm sure (now) that some people probably think that.

:D

Did you get this scenario from your own personal experience?

No, while I read and write Thai and speak it fairly well ... I am not a teen OR fluent :o

I'd fold a paper Swan.

That will teach him a lesson.

By the time you had done that he would have folded a St Pauls Cathedral, an Empire State Building and still kicked your azz, before doing the requisite double back somersault into the chair to carry on the conversation. :o

Edited by Maigo6

I would have folded a life size Garry Glitter and placed it in his seat prior to him doing the requisite double back somersault into the chair to carry on the conversation.

Yeah but whilst you was doing that he would have folded a life size Bruce Lee and 100 Shaolin Monks to take care of Gary Glitter, no problem. !!!

Still, I think you're probably imagining more than what is actually taking place. My nanny doesn't leave home alone with my son but she will often be alone with him in shopping centers: Emporium, Paragon, Central Chidlom, Central Pattaya included. Often during the time me and the wife decide to have a meal without HJ playing the drums or baseball with the tableware. Or when me or her decide that we'd like to buy something without spending less than 45 seconds or less (which I'm sure you know is about average for a 1 to 2 year old's attention span) thinking about it before having to run after HJ who is heading straight for the crystal and china section of the department store.

It doesn't mean she spends more time with him although I'm sure (now) that some people probably think that.

Judging by what you say of your 2 year olds behavior outside of the home , this child is definitely not getting the training he/she requires , with this lack in the early years you will soon (if not already) have a full blown brat on your hands . Discipline training is not in the average Thai hand book of child rearing , or so it would appear , the proof of this should be your having to have your child restrained by a nanny whilst you and your wife do shopping for fear he/she will create havoc , i.e. 'Bull in a china shop' . Pity the poor child .

Not a saint just understanding and respectful of other cultures starting off with his nanny in Thailand - he is 11 years old and has lived in Thailand, Saudi and the US before going back to UK. I

He is still 11 and hasn't gone through puberty yet. Trust me, your only seeing the silver lining fool.

Judging by what you say of your 2 year olds behavior outside of the home , this child is definitely not getting the training he/she requires , with this lack in the early years you will soon (if not already) have a full blown brat on your hands . Discipline training is not in the average Thai hand book of child rearing , or so it would appear , the proof of this should be your having to have your child restrained by a nanny whilst you and your wife do shopping for fear he/she will create havoc , i.e. 'Bull in a china shop' . Pity the poor child .

Nah, you're in the same making assumptions/jumping to conclusions from lack of data crew as Dave with that one. It'd be just as silly for me to assume that your child clearly has cerebral palsy because of his apparent sluggishness in movement on a particular afternoon. LOL.

Edited by Heng

He is still 11 and hasn't gone through puberty yet. Trust me, your only seeing the silver lining fool.

About 14,000 $.... Its good though, I predicted the ecconomic crisis with it... or maybe its just reading a lot and understanding parents rarely see the flaws in their children and obviously he has given him a few reasons to be praised but he is 11 and the fact stands you can't judge your kids until they form actual opinions on things... They may say cute shit, and sound all goody goody and hel_l you may praise them for it, but thats another problem emerging from generation Y, we are all praised and made to believe our educations are better then previous generations, Generation Y goes into the work place believing they are going to do more efficient better work then their predecessors and in fact its proven we do less because of these beliefs which are pushed on by parents like this one...