Yellow Tabien Bahn And 90-days Reporting

Hi,

Just got my yellow 'Tabien Bahn' today at our local Khet (Tungruh, Bangkok)

Process was easy and straight forward, no charges were levied by the Khet.

When I asked the officer about 90-days address reporting to immigration (showed her my latest report receipt), she said:

"No need to report anymore but you should report on the current due date and submit the yellow Tabien Bahn as evidence and after that you will no longer have to report"

I know that local Khet officers may not have much knowledge about Immigration rules, but is there any truth in this statement?

(language was no problem!)

opalhort

The 90 day report is because of art. 37 sub 5 of the immigration act:

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/do...gration_Act.pdf

5. If the alien stays in the Kingdom longer than ninety days, such alien must notify the

competent official at the Immigration Division , in writing , concerning his place of stay , as soon as

possible upon expiration of ninety days. The alien is required to do so every ninety days. Where there is

an Immigration Office , the alien may notify a competent Immigration Official of that office.

The provision of ( 3 ) and ( 4 ) shall not apply to any cases under Section 34 by any conditions as

prescribed by the Director General.

In making notification under this Section , the alien may make notification in person or send a

letter of notification to the competent official , in accordance with the regulations prescribed by the

Director General .

Confirms you still have to do it, as you have permission for temporary stay.

Yes, it is also my understanding that only PR holders don't have to report.

Anyway, it can't hurt when I make my next report, to point out the Yellow book and see what they (Imm) have to say about it.

Due in early April.

opalhort

Hi,

When I asked the officer about 90-days address reporting to immigration (showed her my latest report receipt), she said:

"No need to report anymore but you should report on the current due date and submit the yellow Tabien Bahn as evidence and after that you will no longer have to report"

I know that local Khet officers may not have much knowledge about Immigration rules, but is there any truth in this statement?

opalhort

No.

I have a yellow book and still have to report every 90 days, showing my book as evidence of my address each time.

All aliens in Thailand are required to report every 90 days - no exceptions.

Hi,

opalhort

It seems to be revolving around the discretion of the immigration office®.

However, standard, yellow book or not, every 90 days report!

About the reporting business, up till now I sent the forms & all to Bangkok.

Now it seems to be that with the change to go for extensions to the Immigration Office in the district where you live, from now on this 90-day reporting must also be done in the office where you are registered.

Anybody can shed some light on this?

It seems to be revolving around the discretion of the immigration office®.

However, standard, yellow book or not, every 90 days report!

About the reporting business, up till now I sent the forms & all to Bangkok.

Now it seems to be that with the change to go for extensions to the Immigration Office in the district where you live, from now on this 90-day reporting must also be done in the office where you are registered.

Anybody can shed some light on this?

Just keep mailing them to Bangkok.

So far there is no indication that it will change that.

I was at Suan Plu today. They now have a special office (room 507) for non Bangkok city residents to make 90 day reports. However, that office told me that any other business must be conducted at the office covering the area you live in.

Edited by Guest

I was at Suan Plu today. They now have a special office (room 507) for non Bangkok city residents to make 90 day reports. However, that office told me that any other business must be conducted at the office covering the area you live in.

This is interesting news, if true.

This is interesting news, if true.

Easy enough to check.