Bangkok Hospital

offset

I had a estimate for my G/F for a C-Section and to have a cyst removed of 82000B thought it was a bit expensive but was not going to change doctors 6 days before baby due so I accepted it. After 4 days when we were leaving I when to pay it took them forever to sort out the bill I thought many extras but no the bill was the same as estimate plus a test that I asked for. About ten minutes after we got home the hospital ring and asked if I could go back because they had overcharged me by nearly 26000B and I needed to get my money It was a bit of a surprise but I was going to query the amount when I saw the doctor on Saturday but pleased that they where honest and I do not need to

I had a estimate for my G/F for a C-Section and to have a cyst removed of 82000B thought it was a bit expensive but was not going to change doctors 6 days before baby due so I accepted it. After 4 days when we were leaving I when to pay it took them forever to sort out the bill I thought many extras but no the bill was the same as estimate plus a test that I asked for. About ten minutes after we got home the hospital ring and asked if I could go back because they had overcharged me by nearly 26000B and I needed to get my money It was a bit of a surprise but I was going to query the amount when I saw the doctor on Saturday but pleased that they where honest and I do not need to

thats a nice turn up for the books,not often that happens i bet,but good for you.

The only reason somebody should go to a hospital in Pattaya is for emergency services or care. Other than that, you should go to Sathip (Spell Wrong) Navel Hospital. It is a huge complex that is a 45 minute drive from Pattaya.

You will receive excellent care at approximately 1/20 of the cost of the care in Pattaya. That is correct, you read that right, and the cost at this hospital is 5% of the cost of a hospital in Pattaya.

They offer a full service of service, have first class doctors, (Many of them are the same that will be treating you at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital) and exceptional range of up to date medical technologies.

The only reason somebody should go to a hospital in Pattaya is for emergency services or care. Other than that, you should go to Sathip (Spell Wrong) Navel Hospital. It is a huge complex that is a 45 minute drive from Pattaya.

You will receive excellent care at approximately 1/20 of the cost of the care in Pattaya. That is correct, you read that right, and the cost at this hospital is 5% of the cost of a hospital in Pattaya.

They offer a full service of service, have first class doctors, (Many of them are the same that will be treating you at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital) and exceptional range of up to date medical technologies.

If I ever develop a problem with my navel I will certainly give Sattahip a try! :o

overcharging is endemic at BPH, unless the insurance are paying, you need to check every bill thoroughly

Thanks for you advice but you always have to take in the whole picture being that this was an ongoing thing I wanted the same doctor to see the whole thing through I do not drive so if she had a problem during pregnancy it meant a long drive which i did not want also if you think that was expensive compared to England it is oh so cheap I had a Carpal Tunnel operation in England 2 years ago, 15 minute in operating room (not theatre) bed for 4hrs which cost 10% more than both having a baby and a cyst removed with 4 days in hospital where they made up a bed for me to stay there as well the total cost was just over 52000B including extra hearing test I think that Sataship (spelling) would of struggled to do that for 2600B

I had an operation a few years back in BPH. The surgeon told me roughly what it would cost, and the hospital charged my credit card with that amount. Once the operation was finished (successfully, I'm glad to say), they could then calculate exactly how much it had cost and how much the medications would cost, and it was less than the original estimate. They refunded the difference in cash on the spot. :o

I'd assumed that this was a general policy, overcharge people a bit up-front in case of complications, then give them a refund when the dust has settled?

I had an operation a few years back in BPH. The surgeon told me roughly what it would cost, and the hospital charged my credit card with that amount. Once the operation was finished (successfully, I'm glad to say), they could then calculate exactly how much it had cost and how much the medications would cost, and it was less than the original estimate. They refunded the difference in cash on the spot. :o

I'd assumed that this was a general policy, overcharge people a bit up-front in case of complications, then give them a refund when the dust has settled?

The heading was a bit "tongue in cheek" against a thread a few weeks ago that was implying that this was one of the hospitals that very often came out much more expensive because they always had extras to add on and I just thought that my experiences even things up a bit I know to some people the price they charge is excessive when you see the room that we had which was in my opinion was as good as a hotel like the Woodlands Hotel and the service just as good I did not think so

I do not think it was a case of overcharging in my case I think that we were charged as 2 separate operations where in fact it was only 1 cut but two separate things done so we only needed to be charged for extra theatre and doctors time

Absolutely, go to receive healthcare on the cost of the Thai tax payors. If the doctor there charges you let's say 50THB then this is not really his doctor's fee, merely a symbolic fee. He will receive his salary from Thai govt.(in this case the navy) as above said on behalf of the Thai tax payor (your maid? your driver? your gardener?).

If you are guest in a country and you need healthcare, then you go, save emergency cases, to a private hospital; to a cheap one if you cannot afford any better, to a more expensive one if you can afford yourself.

Unless you wanna become as the so much cursed Paki in UK, Algerian in France, Moroccan in Belgium, Turk in Germany, ..., a parasite on the social system.

In your own country, whatever it may be, this kind of government hospital wouldn't even accept an uninsured tourist (at least not at those symbolic rates) unless you'd pay the full (not subsidised) price.

Absolutely, go to receive healthcare on the cost of the Thai tax payors. If the doctor there charges you let's say 50THB then this is not really his doctor's fee, merely a symbolic fee. He will receive his salary from Thai govt.(in this case the navy) as above said on behalf of the Thai tax payor (your maid? your driver? your gardener?).

If you are guest in a country and you need healthcare, then you go, save emergency cases, to a private hospital; to a cheap one if you cannot afford any better, to a more expensive one if you can afford yourself.

Unless you wanna become as the so much cursed Paki in UK, Algerian in France, Moroccan in Belgium, Turk in Germany, ..., a parasite on the social system.

In your own country, whatever it may be, this kind of government hospital wouldn't even accept an uninsured tourist (at least not at those symbolic rates) unless you'd pay the full (not subsidised) price.

This is a Government hospital that will also take private patients and the cost is the full cost no Subsides but there cost's are very low compared to the big private hospitals in the many tourist city's. I have been there for a scan very good hospital if you want to wait and the price is very good.

Regards

Scotsman

Why do I bother? It really does not matter what you comment on, there is ALWAYS one drunk, idiot, or what ever else you want to call them, just fill in the blank space that feels like they have the right to criticize what ever anybody says here.

Even when all you're doing is trying to help the readers. I did not know about this hospital, but I read about it here.

And thank god I did, because a few years ago it saved my life when I spent months there with a serious life threatening illness.

And that life saving information was found here, by somebody like me, just trying to provide some valuable information to new comers to the area.

The problem with most of these commenter, just like the one above, there IQ is not larger than there shoe size and fail to fully think there argument through.

For you information, I employ over 20 Thai citizens, I pay millions each year in taxes and I contribute 100's of millions to the Thai economy. But, I don't have the right to use subsidized facilities based on your opinion.

The principle reason I am able to do this is because of my business skills, leadership abilities and innovative ideas. Which was acquired at American Universities, undisputable the best in the world, that are HEAVLE subsidize by the US government, State governments, and private citizens. At these universities I received both my Bachelors and Masters degrees.

So if your argument where to hold any validity at all, the US government should prevent the people who receive education at there universities from contributing to other countries economies. Is that correct?

Next, unless I am mistaken and I don't think I am. Do you travel on the roads, use electricity, airports or make use of the water facilities? Surly, you're not under the impression, that in Thailand as with every other country in the world, these are not subsidized by the government.

So your argument is, you can use the subsidized services the YOU personally approve of, but the rest of us need to ask your permission to use a service to determine if it meets you standards.

Is that your argument? Surly it must be, since you obviously use subsided services but are under the impression your use of them is OK, but the rest of us can not use them, unless you approve of them.

I was just wondering if you use Sattahip because it is the best that there is or because it is cheap I guess that it must be because it is the best after reading your second reply it cannot be because it is cheap I would guess that if you employ all these people and do so much for the Thai economy you cannot be short of money I would also like to ask how many hospitals in Thailand you have had to stay in for a few days

The other thing that you do not take into account is time and convenience a 90 minute round trip plus any waiting time which I have read here that happens at this hospital could mean up to half a day wasted (which I would have thought would be important to you being a business man) may be OK for a one trip complaint but for ongoing care which sometimes means weekly visits I have better things to do in my life than sit in any hospital

I was just wondering if you use Sattahip because it is the best that there is or because it is cheap I guess that it must be because it is the best after reading your second reply it cannot be because it is cheap I would guess that if you employ all these people and do so much for the Thai economy you cannot be short of money I would also like to ask how many hospitals in Thailand you have had to stay in for a few days

The other thing that you do not take into account is time and convenience a 90 minute round trip plus any waiting time which I have read here that happens at this hospital could mean up to half a day wasted (which I would have thought would be important to you being a business man) may be OK for a one trip complaint but for ongoing care which sometimes means weekly visits I have better things to do in my life than sit in any hospital

Since you insist, I will attempt to answer your questions and clarify the situation. I will endeavor in a short summary explain exactly what happened to me.

I use Sattahip for the following reasons.

A) The doctors and medical staff there saved my life and I now have great trust in my doctor there.

:o It is far less expensive that Bangkok Pattaya hospital with no discernable difference in the quality of care.

C) My intense dislike for Bangkok Pattaya hospital because of the way I was treated when I was there. I did not have medical insurance at the time. A BIG mistake! If I did, my personal experience would have been different, and as would probably my opinion of them.

The story goes like this. I thought I had the Flu, but I did not. I had a life threatening bacterial infection that has the same initial symptoms as the Flu.

On a Saturday, I passed out in my condo and went into shock at 10 AM. On Sunday, I woke up 24 hours latter. Thank goodness, I had enough strength and was thinking well enough that I knew I had to go to the hospital immediately.

I use Siam Commercial Bank. I knew that there is only one branch open on a Sunday at Big C on 2nd Road. I keep most of my money in a money market account and went there and transferred a couple of million into my savings account so I could have access to it though the ATM.

The bank manager said I could not do this since it was Sunday and I had to come back Monday. I explained that I was going to the hospital and could they please do the paper work today and transfer it on Monday for me. Which they did. I have used Siam Commercial Bank for years now and I highly recommend them.

I then went to Bangkok Pattaya hospital and checked in. In twos hours I was in the operating room and then taken to ICU. Over the next week I had numerous operations as they were attempting to cut out the bacterial infection and I stayed in ICU the entire time.

I was so weak at this time; I literally could not even sit up. I was on heavy doses of morphine so I could not think at all.

At the time of checking in I should them my bank books, which they made copies of. They knew I had more than enough money to pay for what ever they needed to do. And they intended on getting it ALL.

Each day, they would wake me up and roll me downstairs to the ATM. At this time I could NOT even do my own transactions with the machine. But, I would have to give the cashiers my ATM card. Since the maximum you can take out of the ATM per day is 200,000, that is what they took out and charged for each day I was at the hospital.

I can not explain how disrespected I felt while this was going on. Thank God, I had the money to pay Bangkok Pattaya hospital, because if I did not, I would be dead now.

Thank God, the bank manager at Siam Commercial Bank did my transfer from my money market account to my savings account, so I had access to it through the ATM. Because, if they did not do that Bangkok Pattaya hospital would have thrown me out on the street and I would be dead now.

After a week of this, whenever I was awake, I was telling myself I had to get out of this place. About this time I had enough strength to call one of my friends and have him arrange my transfer to Sattahip hospital.

I never knew about Sattahip hospital until I read about it here on THAI VISA. So thank you Thai Visa.

Which is the reason I posted this, so if ever anybody that is new here was in my situation, they would know there are excellent alternatives to Bangkok Pattaya Hospital.

I was transferred to Sattahip hospital, where I stayed for the next month and a half. There too, I had to under go many more operations and for the first two weeks I stayed in ICU.

My total cost for the month and half stay at Sattahip, including the operations, ICU and everything else the entire time I was there was 150,000.

Or 50,000 less than Bangkok Pattaya hospital was charging me for each DAY I stayed there.

That is my story the best I can explain it. You make your own mind up yourselves on what you want to do.

I am sorry if I failed to explain myself fully enough to meet your expectations. That is the best I can do. In the future I will attempt to do better so you are satisfied.

Since you insist, I will attempt to answer your questions and clarify the situation. I will endeavor in a short summary explain exactly what happened to me.

I use Sattahip for the following reasons.

A) The doctors and medical staff there saved my life and I now have great trust in my doctor there.

:o It is far less expensive that Bangkok Pattaya hospital with no discernable difference in the quality of care.

C) My intense dislike for Bangkok Pattaya hospital because of the way I was treated when I was there. I did not have medical insurance at the time. A BIG mistake! If I did, my personal experience would have been different, and as would probably my opinion of them.

The story goes like this. I thought I had the Flu, but I did not. I had a life threatening bacterial infection that has the same initial symptoms as the Flu.

On a Saturday, I passed out in my condo and went into shock at 10 AM. On Sunday, I woke up 24 hours latter. Thank goodness, I had enough strength and was thinking well enough that I knew I had to go to the hospital immediately.

I use Siam Commercial Bank. I knew that there is only one branch open on a Sunday at Big C on 2nd Road. I keep most of my money in a money market account and went there and transferred a couple of million into my savings account so I could have access to it though the ATM.

The bank manager said I could not do this since it was Sunday and I had to come back Monday. I explained that I was going to the hospital and could they please do the paper work today and transfer it on Monday for me. Which they did. I have used Siam Commercial Bank for years now and I highly recommend them.

I then went to Bangkok Pattaya hospital and checked in. In twos hours I was in the operating room and then taken to ICU. Over the next week I had numerous operations as they were attempting to cut out the bacterial infection and I stayed in ICU the entire time.

I was so weak at this time; I literally could not even sit up. I was on heavy doses of morphine so I could not think at all.

At the time of checking in I should them my bank books, which they made copies of. They knew I had more than enough money to pay for what ever they needed to do. And they intended on getting it ALL.

Each day, they would wake me up and roll me downstairs to the ATM. At this time I could NOT even do my own transactions with the machine. But, I would have to give the cashiers my ATM card. Since the maximum you can take out of the ATM per day is 200,000, that is what they took out and charged for each day I was at the hospital.

I can not explain how disrespected I felt while this was going on. Thank God, I had the money to pay Bangkok Pattaya hospital, because if I did not, I would be dead now.

Thank God, the bank manager at Siam Commercial Bank did my transfer from my money market account to my savings account, so I had access to it through the ATM. Because, if they did not do that Bangkok Pattaya hospital would have thrown me out on the street and I would be dead now.

After a week of this, whenever I was awake, I was telling myself I had to get out of this place. About this time I had enough strength to call one of my friends and have him arrange my transfer to Sattahip hospital.

I never knew about Sattahip hospital until I read about it here on THAI VISA. So thank you Thai Visa.

Which is the reason I posted this, so if ever anybody that is new here was in my situation, they would know there are excellent alternatives to Bangkok Pattaya Hospital.

I was transferred to Sattahip hospital, where I stayed for the next month and a half. There too, I had to under go many more operations and for the first two weeks I stayed in ICU.

My total cost for the month and half stay at Sattahip, including the operations, ICU and everything else the entire time I was there was 150,000.

Or 50,000 less than Bangkok Pattaya hospital was charging me for each DAY I stayed there.

That is my story the best I can explain it. You make your own mind up yourselves on what you want to do.

I am sorry if I failed to explain myself fully enough to meet your expectations. That is the best I can do. In the future I will attempt to do better so you are satisfied.

You sold me for sure.

Bangkok Pattaya Hospital is a cash cow and unless you have insurance that will cover at least 80% of the cost be very careful going there.

Sirikit is a government hospital so expect no frills and it is a bit disorganized IMO , but they are non profit and do not in any way try and milk their patients for cash.

The problem with most of these commenter, just like the one above, there IQ is not larger than there shoe size and fail to fully think there argument through.

All because I wasn't lucky as you and other geniusses such a George W. etc. to undergo the unique and worldwide recognized top quality US education :D

For you information, I employ over 20 Thai citizens, I pay millions each year in taxes and I contribute 100's of millions to the Thai economy. But, I don't have the right to use subsidized facilities based on your opinion.

You pay tax, you pay social security, you would have the right

The principle reason I am able to do this is because of my business skills, leadership abilities and innovative ideas. Which was acquired at American Universities, undisputable the best in the world, that are HEAVLE subsidize by the US government, State governments, and private citizens. At these universities I received both my Bachelors and Masters degrees.

I received those in my country, where my parents payed tax, social security, ...

because of my business skills, leadership abilities and innovative ideas you were from George W. country right? :D

So if your argument where to hold any validity at all, the US government should prevent the people who receive education at there universities from contributing to other countries economies. Is that correct?

They should try to prevent brain drain yes (unless where it concerns development aid), I wouldn't worry too much about this if I were you.

Next, unless I am mistaken and I don't think I am. Do you travel on the roads, use electricity, airports or make use of the water facilities? Surly, you're not under the impression, that in Thailand as with every other country in the world, these are not subsidized by the government.

Pay tax on the fuel and the car for usage of the roads (tourists via the rental of their car, motorcycle or bus seat) and on many roads I even pay toll. On electricity bill, tax is included, in airport I pay airport tax, water same story as electricity. My little miss goes to a private school btw. I do make free (and unashamed) use of their sea and breathing air I must admit.

So your argument is, you can use the subsidized services the YOU personally approve of, but the rest of us need to ask your permission to use a service to determine if it meets you standards.

Nope that is not my argument as you can read.

Is that your argument? Surly it must be, since you obviously use subsided services but are under the impression your use of them is OK, but the rest of us can not use them, unless you approve of them.

Do you always repeat yourself?

Suppose that in your honorable country, where the govt. doesn't even take care of it's own sick people who have no insurance btw, a European tourist gets sick. Do you think that he would receive govt. subsidized care? (to avoid any misunderstandings, your govt. does allow that tourist to travel on their roads and to flush the toilet after vomiting out his big mac) Even in a life threatening situation this tourist would be in trouble. And that is then only a tourist, then I don't mention the hispanics yet who are so popular in your beautiful country.

I also seem to remember having written in my post "save emergency cases", in an emergency case any hospital or health care facility should help whomever (any nationality, colour, religion, financial situation, ...).

"first class doctors, (Many of them are the same that will be treating you at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital)" so you see, also in private hospitals you can find good doctors

that are HEAVLE subsidize by the US government except to teach their students their own language I would almost say but since I'm not English native you will probably find a whole bunch of mistakes in my writings

Anyway, some people will do understand.

And to avoid you being angry with me let me congratulate you with your helpful nature, your amazing business with 20 employees and hundreds of millions of revenue (although I'm a little puzzled with "I employ over 20 Thai citizens, I pay millions each year in taxes". Millions in plural should at least be 2 which means that you pay your Thai employees an average monthly wage of 85,000baht. You are even a greater person then I could have ever thought). Let me congratulate you with your divine business skills, leadership abilities and innovative ideas, not forgetting your unbelievable diploma's (and your modesty of course, you don't even mention your PhD's).

Voila, good friends again :o

Anyway, some people will do understand.

And to avoid you being angry with me let me congratulate you with your helpful nature, your amazing business with 20 employees and hundreds of millions of revenue (although I'm a little puzzled with "I employ over 20 Thai citizens, I pay millions each year in taxes". Millions in plural should at least be 2 which means that you pay your Thai employees an average monthly wage of 85,000baht. You are even a greater person then I could have ever thought). Let me congratulate you with your divine business skills, leadership abilities and innovative ideas, not forgetting your unbelievable diploma's (and your modesty of course, you don't even mention your PhD's).

Voila, good friends again rolleyes.gif

You don't have to try any harder, you have done it. You have me fully convinced you are sincerely a fool and idiot. You don't have to do any more, I fully understand you now.

A true beacon of light for Pattaya :o:D:D

billaaa777, I have had the best luck at Military Hospitals here too. Many of the private hospitals try to ratchet up the bill. I do not want to waste anymore time telling horror stories but I do plan to write a few of them down in couple years if I have time.

What kind of infection did you get and how did you get it? I have dealt with multiple infections here the worst having me in the hospital a few days on IV antibiotics and 2 months of daily outpatient treatment. The scariest was from some bad water that had everyone in my house sick and we did not have any idea what was going on till I figured it out and got us moved. Today we are all happy and healthy but if I needed care I would try to get to the military hospital if at all possible.

Nice.

I do plan to write a few of them down in couple years if I have time

More and more ego filling the thread here. :o Same nationality as billaaa? (rethorical)

Whats your problem? Are you drunk and posting or what? Evidently you have not one single clue as to what your writing about here as this a thread about hospitals and medicine. I have not read one comment you have made about your personal experience with medicine in Thailand, just a bunch of disorganized rubbish your writing. Your personal attacks are not welcome here, Get it together or just go away.

I was at bangkok samui hospital recently re a bacterial infection from shaving.

I was in with the doctor about 20mins. he had a look at the infection and did a swab test. after that the nurse applied ointment and I was issued with my own ointment and antibiotics.

total cost B7200. :o

I was insured but as many others suspect that's probably the reason behind the inflated bill. couldn't fault the care in any way but when I looked at the breakdown of the bill it's just spin the wheel stuff.

All I can say is that I was not insured I was asked for a deposit of 75% which was asked for after the operation to deliver baby I did not have to show what I had in the bank (incase of any emergencies) I was not treated as a poor relation at any time I can only talk about what happened and what I saw which I was happy with. Price is subjective what a poor person thinks is expencive a rich person might think is cheap

Family & Friends from Oz have used BPH , mainly for the Beauty corrective bits admittedly, BUT, have had a medical problem myself & a corrective surgical proceedure for my wife after suspecting a Gynalogical problem & the costs were VERY reasonable & yes, have had refunds because of account mistakes a couple of times.

The Thai Doctors we have dealt with , FANTASTIC!!!

The PR farang Doctors we met there ...what wanke_rs , glad they weren't operational!!

Ya gotta worry when people wear a Title & Name on the back of their Golf Shirts , even socially. Particularly when they pretend to be British when they are Australian.....Oh so Pattaya!!

:D

:o

Just back from hospital for here final checkup and to have stiches out when I check the bill 2 tubes of ointment was 640B check prices on internet the cheapest I could get them for was 700B plus delivery

30 paramed tablets cost 30B I cannot find a price for them on the Internet but I do not think they can be making much profit on them