Is This A Visa Mistake?

i have just returned from 3 weeks in britain ,have a retirement visa untill jan 2010 and have a re-entry visa for the journy ,all paperwork a ok ,but have just noticed that the immegration guy at the airport has stamped it but the new small square immegration stamp that they put in only says valid untill 19 march 2009 ,they usually in the past have said valid untill jan 17 of the year i need to renew my retirement visa ,is this new or has he made a mistake .your input would be a help.

It sounds like a mistake. There's an office in immigration in Suan Phlu that fixes "Airport cock-ups". :o

thanks for that ,i am in Pattaya would it help to go straight to immegration here ,by the way where is Suan Phlu?

thanks again

I don't know if Pattaya Immi. can fix it, but by all means give them a try.

Soi Suan Phlu is where the Immigration Bureau is in Bangkok:

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/ba...p?page=location

It sounds like a mistake. There's an office in immigration in Suan Phlu that fixes "Airport cock-ups". :o

thanks for that ,i am in Pattaya would it help to go straight to immegration here ,by the way where is Suan Phlu?

thanks again

I don't know if Pattaya Immi. can fix it, but by all means give them a try.

Soi Suan Phlu is where the Immigration Bureau is in Bangkok:

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/ba...p?page=location

many thanks ,will go and put it right.

thanks again

You can get it taken care of in Pattaya you don't have to go all the way to Bangkok.

Did you write your re-entry permit number on the TM 6 arrival card where is says visa number. If not that is probably why they made the mistake. If you leave it blank they will assume you don't have a visa or re-entry permit and give you a 30 days stamp.

thanks again

You can get it taken care of in Pattaya you don't have to go all the way to Bangkok.

Did you write your re-entry permit number on the TM 6 arrival card where is says visa number. If not that is probably why they made the mistake. If you leave it blank they will assume you don't have a visa or re-entry permit and give you a 30 days stamp.

i may have ommited to put my visa no,coming to think of it,but he did check my re-entry permit which is right next to my retirement stamp,so would have known i was living here,still thanks for all the help.

Always a good ides to check your Immigration stamps at the checkpoint before leaving.

BTW You do not have a Retirement Visa. You have an extension of permision to stay.

your right ,should have checked but was tired after 2 plane journeys ,the wife had just phoned to say she was just parking the car,my son had just made sure on the phone that i had his salt and vinegar crisps and jawbreakers and i forgott :o

Always a good ides to check your Immigration stamps at the checkpoint before leaving.

BTW You do not have a Retirement Visa. You have an extension of permision to stay.

Also always good to "check" them while they are examining or stamping your passport.

I have had multiple entry "B" visas (and still have one now), and on at least one occasion, the officer would've stamped "Used" if I hadn't quickly but politely stopped her.

:o