Visa Question

Hi,

I have today received a Double entry Non Immigrant "0" visa with an issue date of 18/2/09 and the words this visa must be utilised before 18/8/2009. Good for 2 journeys

Visa also has down the bottom extension of stay not permitted.

I am 49 years old and will turn 50 at the end of July 2009 and I am from Australia.

My question is this, with this visa can I still apply for an extension for 12 months based on retirement or not?

Thanks for your assistance.

Some consulates still issue 2 entry non immigrant visas if that is all you ask for.

If it is a non immigrant O visa it is not a problem. Immigration will ignore that stupid no extension of stay stamp. Why they keep doing that I have no idea.

Some consulates still issue 2 entry non immigrant visas if that is all you ask for.

If it is a non immigrant O visa it is not a problem. Immigration will ignore that stupid no extension of stay stamp. Why they keep doing that I have no idea.

I have a Double entry Non Immigrant "O " visa. I did request a multiple entry but was told they cannot issue multiple only double entry.

I am concerned if I will be able to be successfull in obtaining an extension of stay for 12 months based on retirement. I was led to believe that I need to apply for this extension 21 days prior to visa expiring. If I do this 21 days before I will not have reached the age of 50.

Any thoughts please.

It is not the date of experation that counts it is the permit to stay. Since you a have a non-o the 21 day rule does not apply. That is for a change of visa status from a tourist visa.

When do you plan on traveling to Thailand? That will determine what your permit to stay will be for your 2nd entry.

It is not the date of experation that counts it is the permit to stay. Since you a have a non-o the 21 day rule does not apply. That is for a change of visa status from a tourist visa.

When do you plan on traveling to Thailand? That will determine what your permit to stay will be for your 2nd entry.

I am travelling to Thailand on 27/2/09

That would put your permit to stay somewhere near the end of August.

Give yourself a birthday present and get your extension on that day.

My permit to stay is until 18 August 2009. Will I still be able to get a 12 month extension based on retirement and what date should I apply for this extension please?

That would put your permit to stay somewhere near the end of August.

Give yourself a birthday present and get your extension on that day.

My permit to stay is until 18 August 2009. Will I still be able to get a 12 month extension based on retirement and what date should I apply for this extension please?

Your permit to stay will be aboutt 180 days from Feb. 27 th. Not the experation date of your visa it means nothing after you enter the country. When you make your 2nd entry you will be given a permit to stay 90 days from that date.

As I said you can go on your birthday if you want. A few days after would be okay also.

You have two entries each for 90 days. You can apply for the extension any time during the final 30 days of either stay providing you have reached the age of 50 and meet the financial requirements of 65,000 Monthly income OR 800,000 Baht in a Thai bank for 60 days.

As UJ said your second entry will take you up until the end of August.

Sounds like a perfect way to spend your birthday.

You have two entries each for 90 days. You can apply for the extension any time during the final 30 days of either stay providing you have reached the age of 50 and meet the financial requirements of 65,000 Monthly income OR 800,000 Baht in a Thai bank for 60 days.

As UJ said your second entry will take you up until the end of August.

Sounds like a perfect way to spend your birthday.

Thank you so much for your help. You have made my worries cease and your help is much appreciated.

I got my 1st 1year Retirement Visa from UK aged 49 and 2 weeks [changes had just been made from 55 to 50 years old]

They told me at the time Thais work to age next B'day, of course all my yearly extensions since I was over 50.