I Love Songkran

Hobgoblin

So you say its the "old men" who grumble about Songkran..

Well, this is coming from a 20 year old who has been here long enough to know that Songkran is one of the most dangerous days of the year. I don't enjoy having dirty ice cold water hammered into my face. For a lot people, it seems like just another excuse to get completely drunk out of their head, pick fights to show how 'strong' they are, and for a lot of the guys, an easy way to get a touch of a girls body..

Just watch the Thai news in April and you'll see... Its a disgrace and should be banned. I'll certainly be hiding away in my house from the hooligans who go out, Or I'll be taking a nice break in a neighboring country for a few days to completely get away from it.

Most of the people who have been here many, many years feel the same way.

Now you can't call me a grumbling old man :o

Edited by Meg_2003

And for the people who hide out East of Pattaya, You really aren't getting a real piece of what Songkran has turned into..

This year, why don't you take a drive down Pattaya Klang and see what you think of it then.

Last time I went out for Songkran, I had a huge gang of boys stop my bike, take out my keys, and did not give them back until they had completely covered us in Powder, kissed and touched me (Even when I was with my boyfriend) and tried to pick a fight with my boyfriend................ And this is just 1 of the things what happened to us that day...... ummmm, fun huh!!!!!!

You love Songkran?

I LOVE SYPHILIS.

You love Songkran?

I LOVE THE GREAT DEPRESSION.

You love Songkran?

I LOVE STALIN.

You love Songkran?

I LOVE VOMIT.

You love Songkran?

I LOVE DENGUE FEVER.

Now its your turn.

Yes, you, even you, you know who you are.

Edited by Jingthing

...of course you wouldn't have a clue because you're hiding "for the entire day" on the dark side. From there you're not even qualiifed to comment on Pattaya's Songkran.

Ahh, so only people living west of Sukhumvit are allowed to comment on Pattaya affairs. Thank you so much for clearing that up for us "Dark Side" hillbillies. I sincerely hope you get cancer.

Unbelievable!!! You low-life scumbag :o

I'm off the forum for 24 hours and the place has decended into flame fest. I have allready deleted 20 posts in another topic and cannot be bothered cleaning up this one.

Next topic I come accross with the same sort of nasty, abusive, flaming type commentary will result in holidays being issued.

Closed.