Annoying Things Farangs Do Around Town

DJ Pat

The 'gone native' guy sitting at a cheap crappy noodle stall happily looking smugly up at other farang as they file past

Miserable, cynical female farangs giving 'that' look as you walk past with your Thai partner

Losers trying to pass themselves as English teachers (you know who you are)

The <deleted> shouting in awful bargirl Thai while I'm trying to play a game of pool

The same guy saying "dalling" and "I go with you" jokingly at regular Thai girls

The farang thug (increasingly getting common this) behaving in an aggressive friendly or friendly aggressive way towards other drinkers

The farang on the small nonaircon green bus...get a f**king life will you

The disillusioned sorry-arsed red leather faced sex tourist with no ticket home propping up a bar on Soi Cowboy or anywhere in Pattaya

The old queers who have retired in Pattaya trying to live a 'normal' life in and around Pattaya, who have nothing to do but cruise Sunni Plaza

Ditto sad straight losers above who strut around with their dog-faced ex-bargirls in tow

Anyone trying to live a 'normal' life in Pattaya

Expats who still believe that Pattaya is home to Thai culture, because they haven't been anywhere else but Isarn

The group of drunk good ol' boy tourists on the train trading obscene gogobar stories with each other as if nobody in hearing range could possibly understand what they're talking about (myself included). I'm sure a number of the Thais must also understand and be offended.

Koh Samui is the new Torremilinos by the look of things recently

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 'gone native' guy sitting at a cheap crappy noodle stall happily looking smugly up at other farang as they file past

Miserable, cynical female farangs giving 'that' look as you walk past with your Thai partner

The <deleted> shouting in awful bargirl Thai while I'm trying to play a game of pool

The same guy saying "dalling" and "I go with you" jokingly at regular Thai girls

The farang thug (increasingly getting common this) behaving in an aggressive friendly or friendly aggressive way towards other drinkers

The disillusioned sorry-arsed red leather faced sex tourist with no ticket home propping up a bar on Soi Cowboy or anywhere in Pattaya

The old queers who have retired in Pattaya trying to live a 'normal' life in and around Pattaya, who have nothing to do but cruise Sunni Plaza

Ditto sad straight losers above who strut around with their dog-faced ex-bargirls in tow

Expats who still believe that Pattaya is home to Thai culture, because they haven't been anywhere else but Isarn

The group of drunk good ol' boy tourists on the train trading obscene gogobar stories with each other as if nobody in hearing range could possibly understand what they're talking about (myself included). I'm sure a number of the Thais must also understand and be offended.

I agree with most Patrick :o

Got this one sussed already, Normal and very happy. :D

if only.....

it's a hundred times worse.

the 100 decibel swearing echoing around the coconut orchards , robbie williams blasting out of every bloody suzuki jeep loaded with cackling lobster red brits on the piss.

their overweight shirtless hulks lurching along the mainstreet at chaweng , leering at the equally gruesome bar girls that have the nerve to try to sell their bodies.

theres more class on clacton seafront than there is here.

its wall to wall yob and yobess.

whatever has happened to this once lovely island ?????

I once saw a farang guy trying to tip a thai woman for giving him directions, as if all thai people are poor and needed the money. What made it worse was when, after the woman refused, he tried to force it on her - What a plonker !!

I wasnt looking smug at the noodle stall....I had just passed wind.

My female partner wasnt giving that look....she had just smelt the previous action.

I am too a teacher......just not in anything that anyone else is interested in.

I speak good bargirl Thai....you call that playing pool.

I say that to all the girls....funny, No ???

Gee and I thought I was popular

you mean there are other types of buses.???

I did have a ticket home....trouble is so did the aforementioned partner.

you mean there is a normal life in Pattaya ???

Sorry about my mates on the train...I did tell them to keep their voices down.

BTW....I didnt know that bar girls spoke different Thai to non BG Thais....LOL

:o:D:D

you can add on....

The two trip wonder who knows everything about Thailand and the culture.

farangs who want to enjoy Songkran by soaking everyone a week before it begins.

Farangs whose idea of fun is to throw fireworks in a crowed bar at New Year.

Farangs who think they can BF any girl in Thailand including your Thai wife

Edited by gburns57au

I wasnt looking smug at the noodle stall....I had just passed wind.

My female partner wasnt giving that look....she had just smelt the previous action.

I am too a teacher......just not in anything that anyone else is interested in.

I speak good bargirl Thai....you call that playing pool.

I say that to all the girls....funny, No ???

Gee and I thought I was popular

you mean there are other types of buses.???

I did have a ticket home....trouble is so did the aforementioned partner.

you mean there is a normal life in Pattaya ???

Sorry about my mates on the train...I did tell them to keep their voices down.

BTW....I didnt know that bar girls spoke different Thai to non BG Thais....LOL

:D:D:D

you can add on....

The two trip wonder who knows everything about Thailand and the culture.

farangs who want to enjoy Songkran by soaking everyone a week before it begins.

Farangs whose idea of fun is to throw fireworks in a crowed bar at New Year.

Exactly like the farang who got told that a no12 doc martin was headed his way quicksmart :o ( I did have a wee laugh at the reaction I caused tho :D )

Bad Day DJ Pat?

But Pat, I like noodles :D

Now I have nowhere else to look down on people as they walk by :o

Who's looking down on who? Only 3 words come to mind, pratt, knob and tool. :D

The Brits ruin every place they go to. I used to live in Samui a few years ago. It was always a fairly nice place but I witnessed the only act of violence I've seen in Thailand by a farang. It was a Brit friend of an English bar-owner who obviously did a few weights. Two young Swedes were out on the Lamai road talking to a bar girl, not sure what the discussion was about but it didn't look unfriendly. This guy walked over from an English bar and just sparked one of the guys fo no reason. He then returned to the bar bragging to his mates.

I hate that kind of aggression and I hope this country does not generate into an extension of a typical English Saturday night.

However, I do enjoy the odd bowl of noodle soup on the street. I'll do my best not to look up.

[/quote

What about backpacker farang female giving you that smug 'look' as you pass her whilst she is eating eating noodles - would that really annoy you?

I agree in part with your post (although I've never been to Pattaya) and Thailand does seem to be attracting its fair share of losers.

Get a life yourself,instead of worrying what others do.Have you ever wondered how people look at you.Go back to were you came from and judge the people their

Bet you have a gottie.

Edited by bartender100

Sometimes the green bus is going where I want, when I want. I'm not one of those forgieners who has a either a tuk tuk or a barstool permanently attached to my ass.

I don't wear native clothing for the most part but I still stare at idiots who walk past. I do this in every country I'm in be it from a noodle stand, or a steakhouse.

I'm not a big fan of people passing themselves off as english teachers when they couldn't get anything close to a teaching job back home. This makes them unqualified though, not losers.

If queers and Pattaya bug you so much, why do you keep going there? Me thinks you protest a little too loudly on this one. :o

cv

As travelling to Thailand is quite affordable to anyone living in Europe or the US, there will always be all kind of persons.And the nation isn´t significant to bad behaviour.Wait untill more and more russians can afford Thailand, that will be fun.

The only people that annoy me are the ones thinking that they are better than others.And there are a lot of them in Thailand

Yes It certainly seems Pattaya is becoming the second home of the overly tatooed lagerlout on a busmans retirement or holiday.

Samui is becoming a very close second.

Its a shame they get so agressive when they have had a skinful....best leave that one back in birmingham or leeds!!.

Have to agree theres not much worse than old old 55 year old pommy trying to speak pidgin thai to prove hes a longtermer or hes cool.

The only thing that will stop this is the thai baht increasing to where its too expensive for these 10 quid a dayers to come.

Get a life yourself,instead of worrying what others do.Have you ever wondered how people look at you.Go back to were you came from and judge the people their

Bet you have a gottie.

I thought I would get abused for this thread but surprisingly many of you almost agreed.

Shame about Samui, even three years ago it was a bit different, but last time I was there I couldn't wait to get off the island quick enough.

I thought I would get abused for this thread but surprisingly many of you almost agreed.

Isn't 'almost agreed' like 'almost <removed>'??

It broke the monotony from the rake of 'how much shall I pay for my Student/Wedding/Girlfriend/Girlfriend's second cousin's dog etc' posts recently!!

As for Samui being dragged down by the Brits, it is only in the same way Bali has been wrecked by the Aussies. Funny they never seem to mention that........

Give it time Pat, give it time. :o

Do you remember this little gem of a quote? :D

I once left a bag containing 5,000,000 Baht on a non-aircon green bus and a week later it was returned to me with not a satang missing.

From Topic: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...59entry192359

Edited by Gazza

I've got a mate in BKK who uses buses quite a lot. He earns a decent wack and I was always banging on at him about it. His logic got me thinking though.

His train of thought was that a bus trip = 3.5 - 7B and in bad traffic takes only about 20 -30 mins longer and sometimes there isn't much in it anyway.

A taxi ride averages between 50 - 70 B and theres no crumpet to ogle in a taxi (his words not mine)

So thats a saving of lets say about 50B per trip.

If you're doing ten trips a week, thats 500B a week saved - 2000B a month = a good night out on the p1ss.

Kind of makes sense when you look at it like that!

Personally I'll stick to taxis and economise elsewhere............

Yes It certainly seems Pattaya is becoming the second home of the overly tatooed lagerlout on a busmans retirement or holiday.

Samui is becoming a very close second.

Its a shame they get so agressive when they have had a skinful....best leave that one back in birmingham or leeds!!.

Have to agree theres not much worse than old old 55 year old pommy trying to speak pidgin thai to prove hes a longtermer or hes cool.

The only thing that will stop this is the thai baht increasing to where its too expensive for these 10 quid a dayers to come.

Bet you have a gottie.

:o

Live and let live, who the ###### are you guys. Bet the majority have prostitiutes as a partner. Dont throw stones in glass houses.

:D

Edited by shandiman

The Brits ruin every place they go to. I used to live in Samui a few years ago. It was always a fairly nice place but I witnessed the only act of violence I've seen in Thailand by a farang. It was a Brit friend of an English bar-owner who obviously did a few weights. Two young Swedes were out on the Lamai road talking to a bar girl, not sure what the discussion was about but it didn't look unfriendly. This guy walked over from an English bar and just sparked one of the guys fo no reason. He then returned to the bar bragging to his mates.

I hate that kind of aggression and I hope this country does not generate into an extension of a typical English Saturday night.

However, I do enjoy the odd bowl of noodle soup on the street. I'll do my best not to look up.

Unfortunately the UK seems to breed 'some' people like you describe here. And there does seem to be an abundance of them compared with other countries... and I have no idea 'why'? I am English myself and I also hate that kind of ill bred aggresiive behaviour. And those 'types' are always aggressive when they have the edge... in size or numbers... not so brave when the odds are 'even' or against them. Scum!

Very true but last night i was standing in a queue at around 3am minding my own business waiting to get some food, anyway i'm standing there and i suddenly feel something poking my side :o I look around to see a guy about 30 odd scowling and talking gibberish to me (not sure where from russia maybe, scandinavia??) anyway he tried to push me aside (there was loads of room) but i stood back anyway and then faced the counter again ignoring him, more muttering and I looked again and he's saying "you want? you want" whilst motioning his hand for me to come on? "What" i said and just stood there staring at him , "come on" he said again so I smirked at him and told him to get lost (I will not risk my visa, permits etc over getting nicked because of some <deleted> :D ) I turned, waited got my food and walked to the truck, ok admittedly I was looking for him to see what else he had to say, he'd gone. :D

I own and run a bar here in Pattaya and i have to say although the english yobbo's are bad but it is'nt only the english who cause the trouble.

One day i will post descriptions on the various types of farang and how they behave when they're pissed (and what i've seen). :D:D

Give it time Pat, give it time. :o

Do you remember this little gem of a quote? :D

I once left a bag containing 5,000,000 Baht on a non-aircon green bus and a week later it was returned to me with not a satang missing.
From Topic: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...59entry192359

Gazza, thanks for that. The guy needs to be set straight. DJ Pat, I just don't get the point to your inane posts that belittle and deride people who you have never even spoken to. At least other posters here are basing their experiences on actual contact and verbal exchange. You are basing your judgements solely on the way people look. Maybe I'll be better off just not replying to anymore of your posts nor engaging in anymore 'DJ Pat threads.' Have a good time and don't worry too much :D .