Annoying Things Farangs Do Around Town

DJ Pat

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought I would get abused for this thread but surprisingly many of you almost agreed.

Shame about Samui, even three years ago it was a bit different, but last time I was there I couldn't wait to get off the island quick enough.

That comment alone is pretty much evidence that this thread was set up for the purposes of trolling..

The only other thing i can say is thank god im not in Pattaya (which is not a matter of chance anyway) and if this version of yours is correct then i should also thank god that not all tourists and/or farangs in Bangkok are as (seemingly) pompous and self righteous as you..

sorry pal,but your written attitude suggests you should go home to your own country and party on with the whingers therin

Thai girls must love being with these old guys, they gotta last all of a few minutes if anything at all.

OOps,i only just noticed the 4 YEAR GAP between post 111 an 112!!

That explains something i was wondering about in the last 30 mins

I spend a good deal of my time explaining im NOT an english teacher...

oh how things have changed :)

- old, ancient like, farangs acting like shy young boys around younger, much younger Thai women :)

- farangs making fun of Thai lifestyle, still hanging around hot areas for a piece of... (seen a low specimen yesterday night, laughing and screaming while pointing to his new arrived friend in town the improvised public toiled in a certain hot spot - he was opening them and point his finger, LOL, inside was a young girl pis**ng; farang was around 45yo, you'd think they're smarter at that age; dunno nation, speaking English and sometimes a northern impossible language, I think)

- farangs, usually young, thinking they own this country just because they can afford 3 night of fun per week instead 1, like they could in their own, more expensive, land (seen a low American specimen yesterday, same place, screaming: "I have money, I have Ccards, I want to <deleted> everyone here)

(yap, I'm a farang and I like hot spots, but I try to act as civilized as I can)

- Why would someone try to pass as English teacher?! An English teacher is just someone who speaks English and (sometimes) he's also got a diploma for this (big deal) - ... but most of the time, just an English native speaker who can't do anything in his own country and teaches English in Thailand (can't imagine a good teacher, already teaching in his country, relocating here to teach the Thais); anyway, is nothing to be proud of, by the contrary. Yeah, I know, khruu is a title here rather then a job name, but still - trying to pass as an English teacher is low... why don't they try quantum physics :D

- bartender100, critics are good, they help improving... everything; is a constructive thing. However, criticizing the criticizer is something new, not that I'm criticizing you now :)

Losers trying to pass themselves as English teachers (you know who you are)

Get a life yourself,instead of worrying what others do.Have you ever wondered how people look at you.Go back to were you came from and judge the people their

Bet you have a gottie.

I would agree that most of the things metioned annoy me as well when I see them. Most of the said behaviour has a catalsyt though and a much as some of you may not want to hear it, you know what it is. Alcohol.

Just reference DaveThailands reponse about some of the actions he has witnessed in his bar due to drunk individuals. Had they not been drinking, most of their ridiculous actions probably would have been avoided. I can only imagine some of Dave's horror stories. Alcohol has a way of turning nice situations into terrible ones.

I am not by any means telling people to stop drinking, but you know i'm right.

I don't really agree with you... if a person is an a**hole by nature then he'll always act like one - alcohol or no alcohol.

Many people have a few drinks - sometimes one or two too many - but not everybody turns into a yob after a night out.

An old saying we have in Ireland is "You can take the man out of the bog, but you can't take the bog out of the man".

You've just got to learn to ignore all this and represent yourself. Places like Pattya, Nana, Khoa Samui etc have people like this but you just have to avoid them. There are many great places here with top foreigners who like myself - keep themselves to themselves.

I always find that if you smile, act polite and considerate, the Thais will love you. They can form their opinions on foreigners but I think they're quite fair when treating individually with respect if you do the same.

When I first came to Thailand I was shocked and offended by all the whoring and drinking. Now I couldn't give a shit. Let them do what they like. As long as they're consenting adults, let them live like this. I'm not saying it's wrong, I'm just saying it's not for me.

I couldn't agree with you more! Perfectly put!

Oooops, I didn't realize this thread/topic was 4 years old... silly me. :)

Edited by djayz

• 5 weeks later...

My question. How does the perfect Farang look like and behave - and how much money does he spend on transportation and food? What is your opinion on that? When exactly does an "annoying" Farang become a "good" one? If you are annoyed by people eating noodle soup in "cheap, crappy" noodle stalls, maybe Thailand isn`t a good place to stay. By the way - noodles taste way better in lots of those cheap restaurants then in the expensive ones. That doesn`t mean I`m a "gone native guy" :) It just means that I love those noodle soups and I look happily at you while you pass by - everything elese seems to be your play of mind.

Cheers

When you see a tourist ride a scooter with no helmet on the wrong side of the road or on the footpath and had a bit to drink and hear them complain that Thai’s do not know how to drive. They may be upset that a 14 year old Thai girl can ride better than they can

The 'gone native' guy sitting at a cheap crappy noodle stall happily looking smugly up at other farang as they file past

Miserable, cynical female farangs giving 'that' look as you walk past with your Thai partner

Losers trying to pass themselves as English teachers (you know who you are)

The <deleted> shouting in awful bargirl Thai while I'm trying to play a game of pool

The same guy saying "dalling" and "I go with you" jokingly at regular Thai girls

The farang thug (increasingly getting common this) behaving in an aggressive friendly or friendly aggressive way towards other drinkers

The farang on the small nonaircon green bus...get a f**king life will you

The disillusioned sorry-arsed red leather faced sex tourist with no ticket home propping up a bar on Soi Cowboy or anywhere in Pattaya

The old queers who have retired in Pattaya trying to live a 'normal' life in and around Pattaya, who have nothing to do but cruise Sunni Plaza

Ditto sad straight losers above who strut around with their dog-faced ex-bargirls in tow

Anyone trying to live a 'normal' life in Pattaya

Expats who still believe that Pattaya is home to Thai culture, because they haven't been anywhere else but Isarn

The group of drunk good ol' boy tourists on the train trading obscene gogobar stories with each other as if nobody in hearing range could possibly understand what they're talking about (myself included). I'm sure a number of the Thais must also understand and be offended.

Koh Samui is the new Torremilinos by the look of things recently

Bad Day DJ Pat?

hah I was thinking the same thing. Sounds more like a bad day of hating everything and everyone. I think the one I like the most on down the thread are those that hate farangs that think they know the culture after two trips. Jealousy of other farangs is one to add to list too. hahahah

I'll admit the last thing I wanted to see while I was there was farang. Who wants to see what you already know enough about.