Annoying Things Farangs Do Around Town

DJ Pat

What's wrong with the green bus and why are the white-blue, white-red or white-white ones better?

Don't know about you but I've got great admiration for any one that a) can get on one in the first place and :o stay on for more than a few minutes, to save a few baht. Tried it a few times, graduated on to the air con ones, now I'm back to the taxis.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in the Offshore bar off Sukhumvit Rd having fish and chips, the English bloke on the next table got a phone call," Guess what happened last night, I got me a shag in the toilets in the Ambassador in Pattaya'' he proudly and loudly exclaimed over the conversation of everyone else present at other tables,' yea, it was a quick shag cos I had to catch the bus', he continued in his excited schoolboy way, though he looked late 30s. His mate was even stranger," I did 3 months in Phuket, then I wos 2 weeks in Pathaiya' 'And how long are you serving in Bangkok?' would have been the logical question.

bannork

My posts are from experiences, and as some of you agreed, there are a breed of louts inhabiting this country fast. What can you do? Wait til their cash runs out and they <deleted> off?

One simple rule for farangs should come into play and it should be enforced strictly: Ban them from wearing shorts and sandals. This would enhance their reputation ten fold in the eyes of the locals.

My posts are from experiences, and as some of you agreed, there are a breed of louts inhabiting this country fast. What can you do? Wait til their cash runs out and they <deleted> off? 

One simple rule for farangs should come into play and it should be enforced strictly: Ban them from wearing shorts and sandals. This would enhance their reputation ten fold in the eyes of the locals.

I only where shorts and flip flops during the daytime :o

No Thai person takes seriously a sweaty man wearing a baggy Chang/Red Bull/Singha vest, shorts down to knees and sandals/flipflops.

If any of you stopped wearing this attire for a day you'd not get offered tuk tuks, massage and younglady so often. Try it.

DJ Pat- shorts are appropriate when not in a business situation. I've seen thais where shorts so what pigeon hole do you put them in? Wear shorts if you like- if you are doing business slap on the pants.

Edited by britmaveric

Pat, you're getting worse!

Absolutely nothing wrong with wearing shorts and sandals in any part of los as long as you're respectful and don't wear a vest or no top at all away from the beach resorts. It's cooler in this climate, easy, and this is how much of the thai population dress in general.

Pat, you're getting worse!

Absolutely nothing wrong with wearing shorts and sandals in any part of los as long as you're respectful and don't wear a vest or no top at all away from the beach resorts. It's cooler in this climate, easy, and this is how much of the thai population dress in general.

In a way Pat is right.Of course there is nothing wrong with wearing shorts outside beach resorts, but it does tend to typecast the farang.For this reason in Bangkok, outside the moobaan, I don't.But it's a personal choice and most Thais wouldn't give a wotsit one way or the other,

No Thai person takes seriously a sweaty man wearing a baggy Chang/Red Bull/Singha vest, shorts down to knees and sandals/flipflops.

If any of you stopped wearing this attire for a day you'd not get offered tuk tuks, massage and younglady so often. Try it.

The whole country wears B50 flip-flops. What are you talking about? I've been to a few weddings where Thai guys were wearing Chang shirts and shorts and of course, flip-flops.

Do as the locals do.

The 'gone native' guy sitting at a cheap crappy noodle stall happily looking smugly up at other farang as they file past

Miserable, cynical female farangs giving 'that' look as you walk past with your Thai partner

Losers trying to pass themselves as English teachers (you know who you are)

The <deleted> shouting in awful bargirl Thai while I'm trying to play a game of pool

The same guy saying "dalling" and "I go with you" jokingly at regular Thai girls

The farang thug (increasingly getting common this) behaving in an aggressive friendly or friendly aggressive way towards other drinkers

The farang on the small nonaircon green bus...get a f**king life will you

The disillusioned sorry-arsed red leather faced sex tourist with no ticket home propping up a bar on Soi Cowboy or anywhere in Pattaya

The old queers who have retired in Pattaya trying to live a 'normal' life in and around Pattaya, who have nothing to do but cruise Sunni Plaza

Ditto sad straight losers above who strut around with their dog-faced ex-bargirls in tow

Anyone trying to live a 'normal' life in Pattaya

Expats who still believe that Pattaya is home to Thai culture, because they haven't been anywhere else but Isarn

The group of drunk good ol' boy tourists on the train trading obscene gogobar stories with each other as if nobody in hearing range could possibly understand what they're talking about (myself included). I'm sure a number of the Thais must also understand and be offended.

Koh Samui is the new Torremilinos by the look of things recently

sounds to me like you should piss off back to where you came from. Perfectland by the sound of it

'Ol Pat must be having a bad day. He's not usually that caustic.

He did leave one thing off his list though...the smug farang who thinks he's been in-country long enough to be considered an "expert".

Pat's not there yet... :o

'Ol Pat must be having a bad day.  He's not usually that caustic.

He did leave one thing off his list though...the smug farang who thinks he's been in-country long enough to be considered an "expert".

I was under the impression he was luk-krueng, for some reason...

If so, he's not the only happy-go-lucky, full-of-beans luk-krueng type I know. What does farangland do to these people?

Can you confirm please, Smiler? :D

'Ol Pat must be having a bad day.  He's not usually that caustic.

You should read one of his threads on yahoo.com slagging off the UK! We all have a whinge about how <deleted> it can be back home etc, but he went too far and I got an instant ban on my first ever posting for the response I gave.

ok next time I will get a taxi instead of the red/blue unairconditioned bus to go 3 /4 stops.

Pat, you are a boring old whinger! Stop knocking people and being so <deleted> cynical all the time!

cynical is not the word I would use

you need more experience.... an please explain this shorts and thongs issue...do you need to wear a suit to get some respect - pasty white chicken legs are not common the world over? take your facade elsewhere.

pat we had another mr perfect here - his nick was rainman

I don't care if anyone thinks that I am the biggest scumbag on the face of God's Green Earth! When I am in LOS, I am going to wear shorts because the heat and humidty are terrible and I feel much more comfortable. So you can take that desire elsewhere.

Other than that, I am a completely respectful and sweet guy to just about everyone in LOS. Cheers all!

One of my big bugs is farang DJ's that come here and know nothing about music,and when they get sussed for playing Dire Straights to much end up becoming teachers,and riding the green bus to work.

Then they are not so cocky,even with their gottie beards

with his trollish posts, maybe dj pat is one of those :o

but what about my golf :D caddies massages and maybe a quickie on the 9th hole :D

do i have to wear long johns now :o

yesterday i went to the immigration to extend my visa, a farang with his thai girlfriend in tow came in to inquire about how to extend his tourist visa, while the officer was explaining to him and his girlfriend the proceedure and the costs, the farang suddenly shout "stupid ... bla bla bla ... for visa" :o then they walked out of the immigration office... the funny thing was that after 5 min or less ... he came back in with his girlfriend to get the visa .... well who's stupid now? :D bwahahahahahaha :D

yesterday i went to the immigration to extend my visa, a farang with his thai girlfriend in tow came in to inquire about how to extend his tourist visa, while the officer was explaining to him and his girlfriend the proceedure and the costs, the farang suddenly shout "stupid ... bla bla bla ... for visa" :o  then they walked out of the immigration office... the funny thing was that after 5 min or less ... he came back in with his girlfriend to get the visa .... well who's stupid now?  :D  bwahahahahahaha :D

Know what i would of done if i was the officer with the discretion to grant the visa or not. :D

One of my big bugs is farang DJ's that come here and know nothing about music,and when they get sussed for playing Dire Straights to much end up becoming teachers,and riding the green bus to work.

Get sussed for playing Dire Straits?

Became a teacher? With some of the teacher salaries about don't knock that!!

I apologise to any of you who've taken offence but you know why you took offence!

Get sussed for playing Dire Straits?

Became a teacher? With some of the teacher salaries about don't knock that!!

I apologise to any of you who've taken offence but you know why you took offence!

No offense taken on my part, Pat, but you have to work on your "Mai Pen Rai" attitude a little more! :D

The 'gone native' guy sitting at a cheap crappy noodle stall happily looking smugly up at other farang as they file past

Miserable, cynical female farangs giving 'that' look as you walk past with your Thai partner

Losers trying to pass themselves as English teachers (you know who you are)

The <deleted> shouting in awful bargirl Thai while I'm trying to play a game of pool

The same guy saying "dalling" and "I go with you" jokingly at regular Thai girls

The farang thug (increasingly getting common this) behaving in an aggressive friendly or friendly aggressive way towards other drinkers

The disillusioned sorry-arsed red leather faced sex tourist with no ticket home propping up a bar on Soi Cowboy or anywhere in Pattaya

The old queers who have retired in Pattaya trying to live a 'normal' life in and around Pattaya, who have nothing to do but cruise Sunni Plaza

Ditto sad straight losers above who strut around with their dog-faced ex-bargirls in tow

Anyone trying to live a 'normal' life in Pattaya

Expats who still believe that Pattaya is home to Thai culture, because they haven't been anywhere else but Isarn

The group of drunk good ol' boy tourists on the train trading obscene gogobar stories with each other as if nobody in hearing range could possibly understand what they're talking about (myself included). I'm sure a number of the Thais must also understand and be offended.

Koh Samui is the new Torremilinos by the look of things recently

Actually i am a resident of pattaya but live on the other other side of the tracks trying to live a normal life but going back to your post the best ( or worst) I have ever heard is when i was sitting in the corner resturant on soi post office/beach road, I was there with my wife getting a pizza and a group of welsh 20 somethings sat behind us, one bleached blonde (soon to be fat middle aged loser) was bragging about some Bar Girl he had taken to his room the night before, anyway he had kicked her out in the morning without paying her telling his friends that she was probally gratefull to have stayed in a 'posh' hotel and to gotten a free shower. The funny thing is he actually believed this, tosser 10/10.