Wifi For Pc

Bangkokbang

Guys i am using a Pc and dont wanna buy a laptop for it having a wifi.

I will be using a PC in Silom area and was wandering is there anyway to connect the PC to internet at highspeed without setting up an agreement with TOT or True for a fixed one year since will use the PC for internet just few months.

Me looking for hi-speed net i guess the dialup internet also would need phone connection and me got no phone connection.

Thanks

easy solution!

1) buy a USB WiFi stick at Panthip...around 1000 Baht

2) carry your PC to the next Starbucks and try to find a power plug. Extension cord comes in handy.

3) Buy one of their overpriced crap coffees

4) Get the 150 Baht per hour scratch card and enjoy surfing!

:o

Me looking for hi-speed net i guess the dialup internet also would need phone connection and me got no phone connection.

Thanks

You could also use Edge connection using your mobile phone if you have one. Not high speed but if you have no other option might be worth a try.

Edited by ballbreaker

THanks, ANy idea if the True wifi cover the area in Silom and sukhumvit. I have seen the wifi provided by True tag all over the place and was wandering whether it works.

Cheers

True Wi-Fi works very well for me on lower Sukhumvit, and surprizingly far down quite a few sois.

A lot will depend on your distanct from the access point. Get a Wi-Fi adapter and see if you can pick it up from your location.

Might also have a look at the Hawking HWU8DD; it's got the poop to pick up access points from blocks away!

Edited by JaiGuru

easy solution!

1) buy a USB WiFi stick at Panthip...around 1000 Baht

2) carry your PC to the next Starbucks and try to find a power plug. Extension cord comes in handy.

3) Buy one of their overpriced crap coffees

4) Get the 150 Baht per hour scratch card and enjoy surfing!

:o

Excellent idea, RaRo ! Why we dont do this one day. Get a couple of dudes and their PC's (prefer

the really loud and large Towers) and invade a Starbucks.