oevna

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Bellini
...Do you think it will catch on? Somehow I think it will take more than this to repair the damage that has been done to the Thai tourism sector in the last few months...

I am positive that Siam Sunrays will become a great hit just like the free tourist visa that was announced a month ago and has not yet been and most likely never will be implemented.

The cocktail consists of a shot of vodka, coconut liqueur, a dash of chili pepper and sugar, lime juice, a few slivers of lemongrass and ginger — shaken not stirred, then strained into a glass — with ice and soda water.

%99 of bars, clubs, and restaurants in Thailand will not be able to even make this.

This idea is totally retarded. Other national drinks are things that the people of those countries actually drink. Thai people don't drink this and the alcohol isn't even Thai. No one is coming to Thailand because of this lame artificial drink publicity stunt.

True. Perhaps they should have made it with readily-available ingredients, such as Red Bull, Sangsom Rum, Coke and ice, and served it in a large but inexpensive container that can be conveniently shared "family style" with five or six straws...

Oh wait, they already have that!

2417374680084874611BTKtwe_ph.jpg

I always considered the bucket to be the Thai national cocktail. Why mess with perfection?

It's sounds like an interesting enough drink, but are these people really so simple-minded to think that a f---ing cocktail will fix all the scams, rapidly rising prices, and increase in violent crimes that are a good part of the real reason why people choose to stay away from Thailand?

Possible Alternatives

Chai (not Mai) Thai - 1 part tequila + 1 part tobasco

TAT (Thai Alcohol 4 Tourism) - 15 day old mekong - 2 parts farang juice

White (not Pink) Lady - 3 parts ice coffee - one part milk

Fuzzy Mangosteen - 1 part mangosteen -3 parts lao khaw

Screwy Driver - 1 part orange juice - 2 parts leo beer - 1 part durian

Surely Tempting - 4 parts extra virgin olive oil - 2 parts fish sauce - 1 part lime juice

who needs a fancy expensive add agency for this - we could have done this for free.

The cocktail consists of a shot of vodka, coconut liqueur, a dash of chili pepper and sugar, lime juice, a few slivers of lemongrass and ginger — shaken not stirred, then strained into a glass — with ice and soda water.

%99 of bars, clubs, and restaurants in Thailand will not be able to even make this.

This idea is totally retarded. Other national drinks are things that the people of those countries actually drink. Thai people don't drink this and the alcohol isn't even Thai. No one is coming to Thailand because of this lame artificial drink publicity stunt.

Cant see too many tourists wanting to down some home produced overproof lao khao followed by a small glass of water.

This idea is totally retarded. Other national drinks are things that the people of those countries actually drink.

Cant see too many tourists wanting to down some home produced overproof lao khao followed by a small glass of water.

there's a good reason it's usually consumed sitting on the floor... it's a lot less far to fall... :o

and there's no way that this lao khao national drink would become a hit with tourists.

Edited by sriracha john

Come on, they are well meaning dudes, if slightly retarded.

Japan has sake, Germany and Ireland beer, French and Italians have wine, and Thailand hasn't got a foot in global alcohol industry. They need something recognisable on par with top yam.

Yes, the successful national cocktails do indeed contain spirits of the country they come from:

White Russian (Russian vodka)

Margarita (Mexican tequila)

Pisco Sour (Peruvian pisco)

Caipirinhas (Brazilian cachacha)

On the other hand, Thai spirits are so awful they didn't have much to work with.

Did I mention I have a bartenders degree from Harvard University?

that's still more believable than mc2 seriously saying he has a "phD [sic] in Thailand cultural studies."

probably should have slipped a smily in there somewhere. :o

that's still more believable than mc2 seriously saying he has a "phD [sic] in Thailand cultural studies."

So now... after many assurances that it was true, you're changing your tune and fessing up to the dishonesty?

So now... after many assurances that it was true, you're changing your tune and fessing up to the dishonesty?

just a joke. :D

i didnt expect anyone to actually believe me.

but yes, my bad

just a joke. :D

i didnt expect anyone to actually believe me.

but yes, my bad

Too bad it required so much prompting to get to the truth and how it would have been so much better had you had been up front about the dishonesty earlier...instead of the denials of the earlier accusations and repeated declarations that it was real.

But then again... that would mean holding you to non-troll standards... something you're obviously not comfortable with.

Perhaps appropriate had he also mentioned "from a prestigious university".

probably good that I didnt mention "the scholarship"

that would have gotten more than a few lower lips trembling with rage

Edited by mc2

But, at least on a brighter note, at least another troll has been positively identified and any further posts can be seen in that light (although I'm sure that's nothing new for many other members who've already connected the dots with the poster).

But, at least on a brighter note, at least another troll has been positively identified and any further posts can be seen in that light (although I'm sure that's nothing new for many other members who've already connected the dots with the poster).

LOL. it was a joke not a troll.

instead of pursuing other posters perhaps you should stay on topic ???

PM me if you want, up to you.

LOL. it was a joke not a troll.

instead of pursuing other posters perhaps you should stay on topic ???

PM me if you want, up to you.

It wasn't a joke at the time and for many, many posts afterwards... but now that you're busted with the dishonesty.... it becomes, "it was a joke."

Too late... too bad... so sad.

I return the thread back now to the topic with apologies to the forum for the interruption and hopeful for the understanding that outing a dishonest troll was worth the temporary diversion.

The TAT comes out with a new cocktail and the foreign media calls it 'can lure back tourists' and 'devastating blow' etc...

A freind of mine was actually at this launching and can swear the TAT didn't say a single thing in regards to luring back tourists etc... They are just promoting a fookin drink

I have a great idea they give everyone 2 free drinks at the airport coming and going.

successful national cocktails do indeed contain spirits of the country they come from:

White Russian (Russian vodka)

Afaik, Russians don't drink vodka mixed with milk, afaik the don't mix it with anything. White/black Russian are not their naitonal cocktails, the name was given by someone else.

Thailand doesn't even have its own brand of vodka, they should tried inventing something based on local wiskey or that brandy, Regency.

Oh come on everyone, lighten up! This is going to be fun, ordering the Siam Sunrays in bars all over Thailand. Let's see if we can get some of our forum members on the ground in LOS to do some leg work in the name of science and try ordering it in a few of their favorite pubs. Let us know how it tastes, and where the best version of it was served!

Cheers!

:o

It was one off competition organised by TAT, it needs to have "official" recipe published and it needs to be heavily promoted so that bartenders know what you are talking about.

Maybe big hotels start offering it first.

That's the point. I guess I didn't really say that clearly. Half the fun of it will be trying to order it where it isn't likely to be known.

But if you can find it at a big hotel, by all means, let us know how it tastes!

Cheers.