Tipping At Carwash

junkofdavid2

Here's an update... :D

I found a Thai-brand gas station nearby (Bancha I think... the logo is a green leaf) which seems to cater to taxis in the area; and they have a "special" super cheap price for taxi car wash of 25 baht (believe it!?), but for private cars, they charge DOUBLE... a "still cheap", nay, very cheap 50 baht (outer body wash). :o

I was expecting a shabby wash but I must say it was very good and thorough, with about TEN people (10!) washing at the same time in some kind of assembly line; and my car came out sparklingly clean.

I gave 3x20 baht bills (60 in total) and didn't take the 10 baht change. :D

In response to the poster above who implied that the more "upper classed" Thais are, maybe they're less generous... there was an Audi and a relatively new Benz being washed in line at this "cheapo" wash too!

And based on my earlier "survey" with upper classed Thais... this Audi and Benz probably didn't leave any tip.

:D

Do you tip for your laundry? I cant remember seing anybody doing that.

Whats the difference to a car wash? You are there and waiting, watching other people doing something for you.

Next time go and watch the Girls and Guys washing your clothes, then tip them too.

No, I dont tip for car wash (learned that form Thais).

Do you tip for your laundry? I cant remember seing anybody doing that.

Whats the difference to a car wash? You are there and waiting, watching other people doing something for you.

Next time go and watch the Girls and Guys washing your clothes, then tip them too.

No, I dont tip for car wash (learned that form Thais).

If you sat and watched them wash dry iron and fold your laundry they'd deserve a tip.

You didn't learn not tipping from ALL Thais, just some cheap ones :o

Regarding the issue on some Thais being cheap but not others:

Just following what they do when we're together, I tip 500 baht for a 5,000 massage (big room with smaller rooms included) which my rich Thai-Chinese guy friends go to. But that's another story. :o

Back to topic! Car wash... :D

Edited by junkofdavid2

Wow gents 80bhat car wash? is that done at a petrol station?

i pay 150-200bhat for my triton, but then again i only want meguires or autogylm on my truck :o

as for tips, i believe its not nessary to tip, but if you feel that they did a good job and to your likeing, then why not tip.... and i think B20 is the ideal amount for a tip at a carwash, unless perhaps you did like a super wax job etc. if thats the case you can give them 21bhat haha, jokes. 20 + plus.

anyways im on a very nice basis with the car washs i go to, and even make time to chat a little to some workers, makes them feel alot nicer to feel someone care... :D but this is not nessary as "Highso" Thais would never speak to the labor.

anyways, 80bhat. where do you go?

Wow gents 80bhat car wash? is that done at a petrol station?

i pay 150-200bhat for my triton, but then again i only want meguires or autogylm on my truck :o

Yes, at a petrol station, but a Thai branded petrol... with a logo of a green leaf.

Where do you get it done including Meguires wax for 150 baht?

Funny I should read this thread now... I am about to go and let the boys clean my car... They do charge me 80B for the outside job, (last one was on thursday but I have done 1400KM since then so it is time for a new one)...

On thursday I had them clean the inside as well and that is an additional 40B...

I have two scratches on my car and they polished them nicely so I could almost not see them (will be claimed in may after I change the insurance)...

I did tip them on thursday for a job well done... 5 boys could share the leftovers from 200B...

I do tip them sometimes but not very often... it is a treat, not the norm... they are more happy that way...

I'm off now, got to get my car clean..

its not a wax, but after the wash, they shine everything up with meguires after wash glossy treatment like.

and spray your rims with a rim cleaner.

i do it at sukhumvit soi 26, at the carrefour, behind it there is a WAC. i go there. its big, it has playstation 3 with grandturismo with a full 40" HD full momo steering wheel and bride seat haha just for the game, it has wifi and wireless, and has coffee and what not, so its very easy to just relax there.

its not a wax, but after the wash, they shine everything up with meguires after wash glossy treatment like.

and spray your rims with a rim cleaner.

i do it at sukhumvit soi 26, at the carrefour, behind it there is a WAC. i go there. its big, it has playstation 3 with grandturismo with a full 40" HD full momo steering wheel and bride seat haha just for the game, it has wifi and wireless, and has coffee and what not, so its very easy to just relax there.

Thanks for the tip.

There's a WAC very near my house in Sathorn, but I never dared go in because it looks really expensive. They have a "lower end" option too after all.

Will try WAC maybe once a month to "help renew" the glossy exterior which may be worn down by the cheapo 50-Baht carwash I go to once or twice a week.

(My concern with the cheapo carwash I go to is that they might be using a cheap foam, or even worse, dishwashing liquid or similar, which may degrade the outer wax or something...) :o

sure thing cant use dishwash soap, it will spoil the paint. i actually had a bit of a problem with that before, thats why i go to petrol stations wash only when nessary for me.

i like the gloss, plus unlike petrol car wash, they first wash the bottom half and rims first, then after that, wash that off, then a full car coat full of thick foam, really feel like you get your shampoo worth of money, but then again its twice the price of a std petrol carwash. :o