Kawasaki Er6-f

Ithailian

Thanks a lot Tony, that was a great overview! I've listened to the Scorpion on YouTube and it sounds great, too. I'll check up on the Arrow reviews. Is there any particularly good website for that kind of review, or did you just google it?

As for your spare Two Bros... Thanks for the offer, but I think it's best to get the bike first :D

LOL- no worries- I wasn't trying to push the pipe on you- just letting everyone know that there are a couple on the way.

I've not found any one site that compares different exhausts, but I do spend WAY too much time reading various bike forums and that's where I've learned about the various pipes that are available and their pros and cons.

Lately the Arrow has been receiving a lot of positive reviews and it sounds great! This vid cracks me up-

The Arrow is actually a bit cheaper than the Two Bros- I think I'm going to give it a try :)

Arrow_Can.jpg

Happy Trails!

Tony

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I figure I'll want to get an aftermarket exhaust when I get the ER-6f.

Any thoughts on which one to go for? Two Bros is popular, but should I get aluminum, steel, titanium, or carbon? What are the benefits/drawbacks of each, apart from price? What would you go for?

I've been looking at the various boards and Youtube vids. The consensus seems to be people like the Two Bros, but the Scorpion on the below vid sounds nice too. But I also like the look of the 2bros the best.

Compaired to stock:

which arrow model exhaust is that in the first vid tony? is that the model yor thinking of getting? looked at the arrow site but couldnt tell which one it was. does sound pretty nice hey, i would be interested to get one of you in the future if you got some of them also. hey also u might not have seen my other question to you, noticed some of the er6f models have to shocks painted the same colour as the body and i think it looks really good, do you know if they can do that here when ordering?

cheers mate

which arrow model exhaust is that in the first vid tony? is that the model yor thinking of getting? looked at the arrow site but couldnt tell which one it was. does sound pretty nice hey, i would be interested to get one of you in the future if you got some of them also. hey also u might not have seen my other question to you, noticed some of the er6f models have to shocks painted the same colour as the body and i think it looks really good, do you know if they can do that here when ordering?

cheers mate

Hi Jonny,

I doubt very much that the Kawasaki factory can accommodate requests for custom colors. They are operating at 100% capacity with the 650cc line cranking out new bikes at a furious pace. Would be easy enough to remove the shock spring and have it powdercoated though.

I'm only aware of one pipe from Arrow for the ER6 / Ninja 650R and it comes in Aluminum, Carbon and Titanium as shown in the picture I posted earlier. The Carbon and Ti pipes cost $130 more than the Aluminum, so you can guess which one I'll go for :)

I think the earliest I'll be able to get an Arrow to Thailand will be August...

Happy Trails!

Tony

cheers mate

Hi Jonny,

I doubt very much that the Kawasaki factory can accommodate requests for custom colors. They are operating at 100% capacity with the 650cc line cranking out new bikes at a furious pace. Would be easy enough to remove the shock spring and have it powdercoated though.

I'm only aware of one pipe from Arrow for the ER6 / Ninja 650R and it comes in Aluminum, Carbon and Titanium as shown in the picture I posted earlier. The Carbon and Ti pipes cost $130 more than the Aluminum, so you can guess which one I'll go for :)

I think the earliest I'll be able to get an Arrow to Thailand will be August...

Happy Trails!

Tony

yeah your probably right about the boys at kawasaki, nway when i finally go and order il ask him and see what he says, ya never know ey. cool, i look forward to seeing/hearing your arrow exhaust if you get it and will keep in touch when im close to getting the bike.

cheers mate

Hi Tony!

Scarico just means exhaust in Italian, the brand name is G & G and is Italian.

Laser is from the Netherlands. Same as your ancestors, if I remember correctly?

Anyways, I was going to buy the Laser system from USA as it is around 300 euro cheaper then in my country,but got skeptical if it is such a good idea when I read that the exhaust which is made for U.S. market have no outlet for the O2 sensor. Guess your solved it by welding one on to it? Or can u put a resistor on there instead of a sensor to lurk the system?

What is the best power commander or other tool to adjust air/fuel ratio? Is there and garage in bkk who has a bench, or are able to adjust it good anyway?

Cheers

/12Gon

Hi!

Now I just read : Note that there may be a difference between American and European cable mat. What does this have to do with the slip on and how does this effect our thai version of the bike?

Have to admit that I do not understand a shit about bikes as soon as they get more complicated then my old Suzuki K 50.....

Any ideas what to would suit the Laser exhaust good? Is there any competent garage in bkk who can fit the parts together and fine tune it?

Cheers

12Gon

Hi Tony!

Scarico just means exhaust in Italian, the brand name is G & G and is Italian.

Laser is from the Netherlands. Same as your ancestors, if I remember correctly?

Anyways, I was going to buy the Laser system from USA as it is around 300 euro cheaper then in my country,but got skeptical if it is such a good idea when I read that the exhaust which is made for U.S. market have no outlet for the O2 sensor. Guess your solved it by welding one on to it? Or can u put a resistor on there instead of a sensor to lurk the system?

What is the best power commander or other tool to adjust air/fuel ratio? Is there and garage in bkk who has a bench, or are able to adjust it good anyway?

Cheers

The exhaust sensor (Lambda sond) can be replaced with a resistor. But takes some work to find the right size, if no one has done it previously. Correct size resistor making ECU believe the exhaust is clean automaticly gives the optimal air/fuel blend. When lambda sond senses dirty exhaust, ECU reduces fuel.

I v only done it on trucks previously. Dodge 360 gained 30 hp on dyno (255-285hp), just by removing cat and replacing lambda with resistor. Nice sound too :)

/12Gon

Bored out of my skull and my bike is in pieces as I'm doing some mods and a deep clean after last weekend epic 1665 km ride, so can't get out and ride today even though it's a beautiful day... :D

Well, at least I can kill time watching bike vids! :)

Check out this excellent cockpit video from a 2009 Ninja 650R / ER6f

Hope hope hope this bike will be available in Thailand soon!

Ride On!

Tony

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Bored out of my skull and my bike is in pieces as I'm doing some mods and a deep clean after last weekend epic 1665 km ride, so can't get out and ride today even though it's a beautiful day... :D

Ride On!

Tony

Hmmm...Drives on the right but using kph? Must be.....France?

Ride On!

Tony

What an awesome little road for a fang. The bike sounds a bit like a lawn mower to me, perhaps that the standard exhaust? not sure

so.... anyone else got any new news on a release date or price?

also, anyone know the deal with finance? I inquired about finance from Kawasaki for an er6n and Kawasaki (mityon) told me that they don't offer finance...

Foxxx. Mityon offer finance then stop then start then stop. i think its more to do with the payments coming from the finance company and the payments they make to Kawa. in other words cash flow. they like to keep their cashflow ummm flowing. Just contact Kawa Rama 9 its 75,000b + 13,500 insurance + rego about 1,000b= 89,500b down payment then 6,070b per month for 2 years.

awesome thanks for that :D

anyone know the latest release date?

been hearing anything from september to november...

When I was at Kwacker Rama 9 last week they were still saying October...

At least October is a few months away. Kawasaki have decided to delay my bike for another year!! :):D

awesome thanks for that :D

anyone know the latest release date?

been hearing anything from september to november...

When I was at Kwacker Rama 9 last week they were still saying October...

At least October is a few months away. Kawasaki have decided to delay my bike for another year!! :D:D

Missing the old Ninja eh? I hear the new owner is scared shitless of it- perhaps he'd sell it back to you with only a minor mark-up :D:):D