Westerner's Decapitated Head Found Hanging Beneath Rama Viii Bridge

george

why the plastic bag then sherlock?

probably the rope was coiled up in the plastic bag though he could have had it over his head to ensure quick asphyxiation in case the hanging attempt went wrong real

i don't buy it, I mean there are other ways to go (trying to tread lightly here). Seems to me no need to bag yourself, the rope would have strangled him if it didn't first break his neck.

Anyways, surely forensics can tell how long the man has been dead - meaning if it was assisted decapitation and then placed on the bridge or he just jumped as you say.

sad story either way. rediculous comment from the official as someone else already pointed out.

One explanation for the bag would be that he was infact standing on the railing with the bag over his head until he passed out from lack of oxygen, possible with the help of sleeping pills to avoid last-minute panic and tearing off of the plastic bag.

In anyway, if one does it right, no need to use as much force as a hanging puts on the body. Just putting a rope around the neck and leaning forward will be enough. (One famous entertainer killed himself like this some years ago in my home-country. Drank until he passed out and the rope strangled him as his body leaned forward...)

No, no you are all wrong. he put a plastic bag over his head before he jumped because he was suffering from vertigo :o

What about" Cash I want, but I did not come to bangkok to be with you. "

So, yes I do want your cash (for being this pervert) but I surely do not want to be with you, like you though...

Someone not from Bangkok, probably someone from abroad who came to BKK to get his/her cash and left....

Or maybe his Thai lover who came to Bangkok.

looks to me like he has gone to the bridge pissed thats why the writing looks all over the place , he decides to suffocate himself and hang himself at the same if one dont work the other will.

did it himself because he had problems and could not meet his wife or girlfriend

i hope they get to the bottom of this

you can say that again.

i hope they get to the bottom of this

Its ok. The Thai Police have a team of monkeys working round the clock on this one.

You mean to say that they have actually called for help from the TV posters who have solved the case? Every Russian / Brit / German / Italian / Greek / Cypriot hater with bad English writing skills, no knack for anagrams and a penchant for Chinese built bridges close to Khao Sarn Road should be getting very worried. And when they find that the rope was actually purchased from the same 7/11 that had the two bottles of beer stolen in the other thread, the Aussies had better watch out too. Hmm, that could be the convict connection.

Edited by ballpoint

what is exactly is the rope attached to?

...erm, one end was attached to a bridge, the other end was attached to a head in a plastic bag.

I think that's how this one seems to be panning out thus far.

No, what part of the neck/head is the rope attached to? A bit of spine or neck tendon??

*shudder*

I don't think it's disrespectful to speculate about how he died and why - his head was banging from a bridge <deleted>, that warrants at least a bit of curiosity.

Westerner murdered, decapitated, head hung beneath Bangkok's Rama VIII Bridge

BANGKOK: -- The Thai capital was shocked Sunday afternoon when the head of western man of undetermined nationality was found hanging under Bangkok's famous Rama VIII Bridge.

Metropolitan police officers found the head attached by plastic rope dangling under the Rama VIII Bridge. At the roadway level balustrade, police discovered a message written in correction fluid, 'CATH I WANT BUT I CANNOT CAME TO BANGKOK TO BE YOU'.

Police said that the victim's nationality was not yet clear, but suggested that he might be aged between 40-45 years old and that he had been killed less than 16 hours ago.

An investigation is now being carried out at entertainment venues, popular foreign residences and embassies to identify the victim.

-- TNA 2009-02-22

Fairly Dramatic, even for LOS. Would be interesting to know this story, but won't hold my breath.

HORROR IN CITY

Severed foreigner's head found hanging from a bridge

30096327-01.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Police on Sunday are trying to identify a man, believed to be a foreigner, whose head was found hanging from a rope at Rama IX Bridge in Phra Nakhon district. His body was still not found.

The head, belonging to man in his 40s, was tied to the rope and apparently put in a plastic bag and hung from the bridge's railing. When it was found at about 2pm, the plastic bag was detached from the head, revealing a gruesome sight. A doctor estimated that he had died for at least eight hours.

Two sentences, "I want but I cannot …," and "I came to Bangkok to be you," were found written on the bridge's railings.

Pol Col Chavalit Prasobsilp, a police chief, said that it was apparently not a suicide and he will wait for autopsy results before concluding how the head was cut from the body.

"We will check the security circuits at the bridge and see if anything related to the incident was captured," Chavalit said.

"We need to urgently know who is the victim," he said, requesting that the media published clear pictures of the victim's face to help police identify the victim.

-- The Nation 2009-02-22

Can't help it, "apparantly not suicide" !!!!! REALLY?

Yep saw this on tv when I got home from touring. A shit death, I hope he was unconcious when they sawed his head off. My feelings are he's pissed off the wrong criminal gang and got pounced on OR he's in the narc industry and got taken out for whatever reason.

The message was his last chance to communicate with 'Kath.'

It's on the front page of the newspapers, a picture of his head just hanging there and behind held by a medic/doc.

I hope his family don't see the pics, they'll be going through hel_l right now.

It will be interesting to see what comes of this, if anything at all.

Who done it?

Business partner?

Romantic significant other?

Terrorist?

Political activist?

Hired hit man by any of the above?

Serial Killer?

The makings of a novel but fact is stranger than fiction.

I agree, Fact is usually stranger than fiction. Would be interesting to know the facts.

Yep saw this on tv when I got home from touring. A shit death, I hope he was unconcious when they sawed his head off.

He wasn't unconscious, he was already dead when decapitation occurred.

His head wasn't sawed off, it was cleanly severed with a single swipe.

Edited by sriracha john

You know something I can never believe about this country. Anywhere you go in this country someone watches you and looks at you, or try's to understand where you are going or what you are doing to sell you something or just in general be a pain in the ass, but YET when it comes down to who saw a crime scene, everyone runs and shuts their mouth :o ....Pussies...

Edited by Thai_Help

just seems to be one forieng person after another being shot murdered and what else in thailand its a frightning place to be i live in london and thats a bit rough but not to what i read on here in the last year shootings rape murder land of smiles getting more like land of death

So you'll be in Brighton for your holidays this years Mickey ? :o

Suicide.

It never ceases to amaze me that so many Farangs on this site reel back in horror when a suicide is suggested, it always has to be murder, cos of course no Farangs ever commit suicide do they ...... :o

Do a Google search on Suicidal deaths in western countries, ok, have you done that.....now, many western countries have assistance for people feeling depressed, lonely whatever...OK ?

Now... take Thailand..........many Farangs come to Thailand to try to live the dream with little else than dreams, what little money they may have soon runs out as does their lover, they have totally ruined their lives back in their own countries and burnt all bridges, they feel it's pointless going on....

Pattaya has many suicides and I have known 4 people personally over the years who have taken their own lives cos of financial or emotional difficulty, ...

Look at how many westerners take their own lives in their own countries, where they have access to all kinds of help, so westerners taking their own lives in Thailand , where if you are down, you have nothing, is no surprise to me at all.

I'm sure most of the posters here have very little actual hands on experience in Thailand.

If you're broke, Thailand is a very unforgiving place, and if you've fawked up in your own country only to fawk up in this country as well, some people just can't take it and commit suicide.

Just look up the figures yourselves for suicide in the west.

And the twots that go on about how someone can put a plastic bag over their head before they jump really should look up a few facts, it does happen.

Thailand is a prime place for Suicide amongst westerners, many come here and fawk their lives up, simple as that.

Not a suicide? Who wrote that absurd detail? Sex, drugs , money love or espionage...Take your pick. These always seem to be the cause of such gruesome acts. As an American following the Thai culture, it seems apparent that most of the killing and atrocities involving farang take place in Bangkok, Phuket and Pattaya. Figure it out!!!

Suicide.

Thailand is a prime place for Suicide amongst westerners, many come here and fawk their lives up, simple as that.

The note read: ‘Cath, I want but I can not. I came to Bangkok to be you’, and suggested the author may have been a foreign tourist who was jilted in love. But police do not believe the message on the railing.

The jilted English suggests it was written by someone who did not have English as a first language, and was most likely Thai because of the grammatical construction. Police say it could not have been written willingly by the victim.

In Thai a person would literally say ‘I want but can not’. The word ‘have’ is assumed.

Police Colonel Atcharat Heamathanon said: “The case has interested the most senior police here.

“This looks much more like a mafia, or drug related killing. It’s not a suicide. The victim just has been made out to look like a heart-broken tourist”