Westerner's Decapitated Head Found Hanging Beneath Rama Viii Bridge

george

Bunch of retards in this thread. The Thai police would not say it was a murder if it could possibly be a suicide. It is like you guys forgot what country you are in. If they were calling this a suicide is when you could question them, not the other way around. This is the kind of thing they'd love to cover up and keep out of the papers and off of CNN. Tourism is fuc_ked up enough as it is, they don't need this right now.

It costs 20,000 baht to have somebody killed in Thailand if you know who to ask. They weren't trying to send any message they were trying to remove this guy and cover it up. Maybe he pissed off the wrong people, maybe he married the wrong woman, maybe he was on vacation and told the wrong person and pissed off the wrong people in another country, maybe he owned a huge Thai corporation and real estate company and his Thai partner decided he didn't like paying this foreigner 49% of the profit any more, who the fuc_k knows. He got stomped out like a cockroach. Life is cheap in Thailand.

Let me explain:

1. The man wrote a suicide message on the bridge.

2. The man donned a plastic bag with Italian script. He pulled the plastic bag tight.

3. The draw string of the plastic bag (clearly shown on Thai TV) attached to the 'hanging' nylon rope.

4. He jumped, over the bridge extending the 'drop'.

5. The body disconnects from the head, blood spurts out upwards as it swings for 8 seconds.

6. The body (sporty dressed) finally snaps off to the water.

7. The head dangles.

This is not mafia, it is suicide. Why?

1. The blood spatters.

2. No criminal risks detection by writing a note, dumping a head and a body.

3. Lower body was untraumatised when shown on TV.

Goodnight. Sweet dreams.

Hear! Hear! ... :o

Well its official,The BIB have managed to change peoples attitudes to a great extent. We have here 5 pages where people are still saying "looks like suicide". So I can assume that will be the stock answer for anyone who "jumps"off a Condo in futur. Freddie

Yes, all too often Thai cops have called a questionable farang death 'suicide.' Even so, that in itself doesn't mandate that each subsequent farang death called 'a suicide' is not suicide.

It could be a murder and the murder or murders "made" it look like suicide, it could not be better for him or them!

It seems like a whole lot of trouble to first kill and/or drug someone, drag him to a bridge, put on plastic bag and rope and fake suicide note, and then drop him over the side. ...unless murderers wanted to get caught with all that time and trouble. Also, just because the message was written in bad English, doesn't mean it has to be a Thai person writing it. Didn't an earlier post indicate the writing used cyrilic (Russian) lettering?

Well its official,The BIB have managed to change peoples attitudes to a great extent. We have here 5 pages where people are still saying "looks like suicide". So I can assume that will be the stock answer for anyone who "jumps"off a Condo in futur. Freddie

Yes, all too often Thai cops have called a questionable farang death 'suicide.' Even so, that in itself doesn't mandate that each subsequent farang death called 'a suicide' is not suicide.

It could be a murder and the murder or murders "made" it look like suicide, it could not be better for him or them!

It seems like a whole lot of trouble to first kill and/or drug someone, drag him to a bridge, put on plastic bag and rope and fake suicide note, and then drop him over the side. ...unless murderers wanted to get caught with all that time and trouble. Also, just because the message was written in bad English, doesn't mean it has to be a Thai person writing it. Didn't an earlier post indicate the writing used cyrilic (Russian) lettering?

I agree, its highly risky for the murderers if it was a murderer.

you would think there would be some witnesses, there are plenty of people in the area. I would have thought someone would have noticed something in between the time they wrote the message, dumped the body and headed off.

plus how many farangs own tippex.

The tippex message points towards pre-meditated suicide. Just because it doesn't read well, only means English was his second language. I think most farangs who live in Thailand will have sellotape, a stapler. a hole punch and tippex.

Sellotape. Check.

Stapler.Check.

Hole Punch.Check.

Tippex. Check.

Right, I'm going to top myself.

I must just not fit the profile of most farangs in Thailand. Okay I'm not there right now but when I am there I do not own nor possess sellotape, stapler, hole punch or tippex. In fact even in the office here it is a struggle to locate correction fluid, there is no typewriter and if someone is hand writing something (a rare occurrence) and makes a cock up they either cross it out and correct or rewrite the whole thing. There probably is some somewhere but I'd have to ask the secretary where it would be found. I guess if the guy owned or ran a business he would be more likely to have access to such office supplies.

Surely a hand written note sellotaped to the handrail would have been easier particularly if it was pre-meditated suicide - which it is looking more the likely verdict.

Dam_n, just realised I've got no sellotape. Oh well I guess suicide just ain't for me.

The body was recovered near the scene. News this morning, says suicide 85% likely. Hard to tell without all the facts I reckon. :D

Suicide!!!!!????

How can U chop your own head off?......hmm :D

With a rope! :o

nooo!!!.......... :D

Thats easy?........have you try it? :D

The body was recovered near the scene. News this morning, says suicide 85% likely. Hard to tell without all the facts I reckon. :D

Suicide!!!!!????

How can U chop your own head off?......hmm :D

With a rope! :o

nooo!!!.......... :D

Thats easy?........have you try it? :D

I have seen the results of it being tried.

Decapitation is the norm in cases like this. Nothing suspicious about it either. People that commit suicide in this manner are not acting rational, so it is to be expected that the circumstances of death will reflect that mental state. I'd wager that 9 out of 10 MEs upon seeing the info as presented would approach it as a suicide.

Edited by geriatrickid

Decapitation is the norm in cases like this. Nothing suspicious about it either. People that commit suicide in this manner are not acting rational, so it is to be expected that the circumstances of death will reflect that mental state. I'd wager that 9 out of 10 MEs upon seeing the info as presented would approach it as a suicide.

Yes, but still it is a tough way to go....even if we can imagine that his death came quicker than if he hung himself "only" without decapitation resulting of it .... assuming of course that it is a suicide !

post='2551168' date='2009-02-22 19:09:25']Westerner murdered, decapitated, head hung beneath Bangkok's Rama VIII Bridge

BANGKOK: -- The Thai capital was shocked Sunday afternoon when the head of western man of undetermined nationality was found hanging under Bangkok's famous Rama VIII Bridge.

Metropolitan police officers found the head attached by plastic rope dangling under the Rama VIII Bridge. At the roadway level balustrade, police discovered a message written in correction fluid, 'CATH I WANT BUT I CANNOT CAME TO BANGKOK TO BE YOU'.

Police said that the victim's nationality was not yet clear, but suggested that he might be aged between 40-45 years old and that he had been killed less than 16 hours ago.

An investigation is now being carried out at entertainment venues, popular foreign residences and embassies to identify the victim.

-- TNA 2009-02-22

Who is TNA? The title of the article misrepresents the facts. The evidence doesn't point squarely at murder.

reason for edit: 'quote tags' misplaced

Edited by Boo
removed reference to another crude posters post. this poster was not crude.

That's really tragic. I just read on the BKK post that 'Video footage from surveillance cameras installed on the bridge has also been checked, but no clues have been found so far.

I no understand!!

The camera was probably pointing out onto the water, or into some apartment somewhere :o BETTER STILL, its not a real camera, just there for show or it was faulty....the list goes on.

farangs are in the news for all the wrong reasons lately.

or maybe its cos farangs that end up in thailand are mostly troublemaking weirdos

I've been here 10 years. Never had a problem . Never created a problem. I am no weirdo. And I strongly believe that the kind of statement you make is denigrating and that you are an idiot for making it .... You'd rather not waste your time in typing this kind of stupid post.....

Hi there, i have been to thailand 4 times last year for holidays to Phuket, chang mai, bangkok - pattaya, and although i have heard of shootings & kiiilings whilst there in thailand i have never seen any furst hand, but lets not forget that this sort of thing goes on in most countries around the world, my home town is Melbourne Australia & we have underbelly - organised crime is everywhere in Australia & we have had more than our fair share of murders over the years so much so they have made a tv mini series of it !

Can anyone tell me what the name of the movie was that they made on Pattaya about the sex trade with the involvement of the Russian Mob?

farangs are in the news for all the wrong reasons lately.

or maybe its cos farangs that end up in thailand are mostly troublemaking weirdos

I've been here 10 years. Never had a problem . Never created a problem. I am no weirdo. And I strongly believe that the kind of statement you make is denigrating and that you are an idiot for making it .... You'd rather not waste your time in typing this kind of stupid post.....

Good reply. Mc2 seems to think that everyone is as stupid as he is. :o

To all farang, I think this is a very serious warning..be careful what you do and say here...this is not like back home. Things are perceived differently and locals can get very hostile, jealous,resentful....what have you..I have a close friend who works as a journalist, they were talking to other journalists, it seems that some locals feel it is better to kill a farang, to silence the problem forever, rather then have a fight or dispute and the local maybe being involved with the police...to some people..life is meaningless, and even more so if you have no family or no one can truely understand you are missed and thought of by people in other countries. Be mindfull of your actions...dont say things that could create an outcome like this.....

To all farang, I think this is a very serious warning..be careful what you do and say here...this is not like back home. Things are perceived differently and locals can get very hostile, jealous,resentful....what have you..I have a close friend who works as a journalist, they were talking to other journalists, it seems that some locals feel it is better to kill a farang, to silence the problem forever, rather then have a fight or dispute and the local maybe being involved with the police...to some people..life is meaningless, and even more so if you have no family or no one can truely understand you are missed and thought of by people in other countries. Be mindfull of your actions...dont say things that could create an outcome like this.....

As everywhere else in the world, mind your own business, and you'll be safe !