Money To Invest

Well all banks and insurance companies are bankrupting themselves........no one is trusting either of them much right now!!!

I think one of decent banks left that is not involving in any of this, is the FEDERAL CREDIT UNION bank, in the US tho

Thats the latest info I have

Well all banks and insurance companies are bankrupting themselves........no one is trusting either of them much right now!!!

I think one of decent banks left that is not involving in any of this, is the FEDERAL CREDIT UNION bank, in the US tho

There is no such thing as the FEDERAL CREDIT UNION bank in the US. A federal credit union is a financial cooperative chartered by the federal government and owned by its members. There are thousands of them.

To the OP, there are many mutual funds in Thailand. Both open end and closed. Several are run by Thai branches of western invest/insurance companies (for whatever that is worth these days)

Do a google search is a good start. You will need to make your own judgement.

TH

There is no such thing as the FEDERAL CREDIT UNION bank in the US. A federal credit union is a financial cooperative chartered by the federal government and owned by its members. There are thousands of them.

To the OP, there are many mutual funds in Thailand. Both open end and closed. Several are run by Thai branches of western invest/insurance companies (for whatever that is worth these days)

Do a google search is a good start. You will need to make your own judgement.

TH

Thanks, I'll do that.

What's open end and closed?

Can anyone recommend a company?

Actually, I happen to know about a recently spun off Thai subsidiary of Madoff Investment Securities, LLC that would be very interested in taking your money and investing it for you.

Do google and it will tell you everything you need to know about using other people's recomendations to invest.

:o

TH

Actually, I happen to know about a recently spun off Thai subsidiary of Madoff Investment Securities, LLC that would be very interested in taking your money and investing it for you.

Do google and it will tell you everything you need to know about using other people's recomendations to invest.

:o

TH

So you don't have any good recommendations?

Anyone?

Siam Commercial?

AIG?

• 5 months later...

Hello, it's little huge expectatoin I think. Tho there're some details are over there nlinebankingz.com

I have a couple of thousand dollars that I'd like to invest then pay into some kinda mutual trust thing.

Which of the Thai banks or insurance/assurance companies are good?

I'd like to add an average of $200 a month.

In Thailand, both Aberdeen Asset Management and ING have established good trackrecord with international mutual funds, and have been recommended to me by others. My office provident fund is with AIA and the year to date performance with them has been below that of the general market, i.e, 6% return whereas the regional stock markets have been at 25%+ ( I guess too much weightage on fixed income in lieu of equities). Local banks also have their fund management arms, eg, Ayudhya Fund Management.

My advice is go for the one with the lowest management fees. Some of the famous names in fund management also charge the highest management fees. Do they deliver any higher investment returns year in year out when compared with other funds? Not likely.

Your first step is where would you want to invest and for how long. As an example, if you wanted to invest in equites of one particular country or region I'd go for a index exchange traded fund. The returns will track the index and they also offer the lowest management fees of all funds - something in the range of 0.1% to 1.0% per year (compared with 2.0-6% for other "actively" managed funds). In thailand this would be the TFEX fund that is listed on the Stock exchange of Thailand. Alternatively there are many efts or index tracker funds that are listed on the NYSE.

Edited by Time Traveller