Thai Airways, What Would You Do To Rescue This Airline?

sbk

Extremely well written!

Quite, but ultimately an exercise in futility. Nobody in authority at THAI cares. I was told point-blank by a THAI staffer once "You cannot compare us to any other airline". As long as that attitude is pervasive throughout their corporate culture, what you see now is pretty much what you're gonna get for the foreseeable future...

Another cost cutting opportunity: Eliminate over-night hotel costs for crew after a one hour Domestic flight. I recently flew BKK-Surat Thani on a morning flight; found that the crew had checked into my same hotel and were not scheduled to return to BKK until the next afternoon.

Extremely well written!

Quite, but ultimately an exercise in futility. Nobody in authority at THAI cares. I was told point-blank by a THAI staffer once "You cannot compare us to any other airline". As long as that attitude is pervasive throughout their corporate culture, what you see now is pretty much what you're gonna get for the foreseeable future...

:o Love that mentality. We'll compare them to a bankrupt airline then a few months from now.

We flew THAI to Phuket a few weeks ago using our air miles. Lasting impression throughout both flights - I'm glad we didn't pay for this!

Extremely well written!

:o Love that mentality. We'll compare them to a bankrupt airline then a few months from now.

I was told that back in 1998. I've always kept it in mind throughout my dealings with THAI ever since.

I've been reading all the praises, complaints and general issues people here in the travel forum have with Thai Airways. I've only ever flown them a couple of times and while I found the service good, the food was mediocre and the planes not so great.

What would it take to rescue this airline and make it a first class airline along the lines of Singapore Air?

Isn't Thai Airways run by China?

May-be TG should try to attract Lufthansa as a shareholder : it would clean up the debt and a few German on the board would have a hard look at who is getting free tickets for no reason

I've been reading all the praises, complaints and general issues people here in the travel forum have with Thai Airways. I've only ever flown them a couple of times and while I found the service good, the food was mediocre and the planes not so great.

What would it take to rescue this airline and make it a first class airline along the lines of Singapore Air?

First, fix the website: Now I can't even book online. I get an error message every time I try

Secondly, make the prices of booking online competitive. I have often searched prices of flights on TG's website. But I have never booked. I can always find something cheaper: either TG on another website or another airline. Some of the online prices are absurd: More than 100,000 baht for an economy ticket to London.

On the other side of the coin, I was recently stranded in Delhi Airport. I had a booking for a TG flight that was "rescheduled" since I had purchased the flight two months before. I wasn't notified of the change. TG took responsibility and put me up in a hotel for the day while I waited for the next flight. It was a great experience. The hotel representative said that Thai was one of the best airlines in terms of customer service.

Edited by goatfarmer

Another cost cutting opportunity: Eliminate over-night hotel costs for crew after a one hour Domestic flight. I recently flew BKK-Surat Thani on a morning flight; found that the crew had checked into my same hotel and were not scheduled to return to BKK until the next afternoon.

Saw the crew returning to CNX this afternoon, after a night in town, I thought it was not necessary for the flight-crew to have an up-market limo while the cabin-crew had a minibus. Why not put everyone in the minibus ? Cost no object ! :o

I have different opinions than most, I guess. They had the best western food I have ever had on an airline, several times. I racked up enough FF miles to go to Moscow and back for free (good trip) but to the worst airport in Moscow. Always flew economy; great flight stewards.

"Great flight stewards?????"

Do you mean great looking, great service or great.....um....never mind.

I have to agree with you though. I switched from British Airways to Thai Airways for travelling between Sydney and Bangkok. The air fare is better, flight times are better, the food is better, the drink trolley service is exceptional and, yes, the flight stewards are always smiling.

Edited by Mighty Mouse

I think this thread is disgusting.

It is obviously a blatant attempt to gather free marketing advice as I believe that sbk intends to purchase Thai Airways and use our suggestions to turn it into an SQ quality airline.

Shame on you sbk...

:D:D:o

Thai have clearly been in long-term decline for a while now. Just to reinforce that belief I have tried speaking to them on the phone on some matter this afternoon since they did not respond to my email. All I got were recorded messages and music for 40 minutes before I gave up.

I think this thread is disgusting.

It is obviously a blatant attempt to gather free marketing advice as I believe that sbk intends to purchase Thai Airways and use our suggestions to turn it into an SQ quality airline.

Shame on you sbk...

:D:D:o

How'd you know tuky? I just didn't know what to do with those spare billions lying around and thought, what about an airline? I can rename it Air SBK :D