90 Day Reporting

I am here on a Non-Immigrant "O", multi entry visa from USA which expires in July of this year.

Just went to Suan Phlu for my 90 day reporting requirements and was told I could not get stamped that I had to do a visa run?!

After some haggling, they gave me a 2 week extention and charged me 1900 Bhat.

Is this correct.

Thank you for your help

Yes that is correct. You can not stay longer than 90 days on that type of visa unless you extend your stay by work or marriage support or retirement type reasons. The 90 day reporting is for those here longer than 90 days (those that have extended their stay).

With your visa you must depart Thailand, enter another country, and then return for another 90 day stay stamp.

I am here on a Non-Immigrant "O", multi entry visa from USA which expires in July of this year.

Just went to Suan Phlu for my 90 day reporting requirements and was told I could not get stamped that I had to do a visa run?!

After some haggling, they gave me a 2 week extention and charged me 1900 Bhat.

Is this correct.

Thank you for your help

If you have a multi-entry 'o' visa, you supposed to leave the country every 90 days. The 90 day reporting is only for the people who have the one year extensions to their visas. You can apply for the one year extension - you need 400k in a thai bank or an income of 40k a month.

You can apply for the one year extension - you need 400k  in a thai bank or an income of 40k a month.

Careful ZOVOX the 400k baht rule is for those supporting a Thai dependent (extension based on marriage) or for those over the age of 50 ...where the requirement is 800k baht in the bank or a monthly income of 65k baht or combination thereof.....i.e 400k in the bank and income of 32500 baht/month (extension based upon retirement ). :o

Hi, I have a problem and would like some advice. I am married to a Thai woman and am up for a renewal of my 1 year non- emigrant visa next month. My wife and I left Thailand for a weekend to Maylaisa. I did not get a re-entry permit before leaving but once in the air I remembered and went directly to the Thai embasy and explained what had happened. Tey told me it would probably be OK. Upon my return I went to the Bangkok Thai emigration office and was informed that I have to leave the country and get a 90 day non-emigrant visa and then after my 90 days I have to again apply fot the 1 year visa. I this correct ?

Thank's

Gary

:o

Hi, I have a problem and would like some advice. I am married to a Thai woman and am up for a renewal of my 1 year non- emigrant visa next month. My wife and I left Thailand for a weekend to Maylaisa. I did not get a re-entry permit before leaving but once in the air I remembered and went directly to the Thai embasy and explained what had happened. Tey told me it would probably be OK. Upon my return I went to the Bangkok Thai emigration office and was informed that I have to leave the country and get a 90 day non-emigrant visa and then after my 90 days I have to again apply fot the 1 year visa. I this correct ?

Thank's

Gary

Unfortunately that is right.

Leaving the country on a 1-year extension without a re-entry visa makes you lose your 1-year extension, and since your non-immigrant from before has expired, you have to go through the whole process again:

non-immigrant, not before the last month of this visa (=after at least 60 days) you can apply for the 1-year extension.

next time don't forget the re-entry!

Thank's

Gary

Chico is correct that you need a new visa because you now have no visa and only a 30 day stay stamp which can not normally be changed to a non-immigrant visa - time for a trip to obtain a new O visa. The reason Embassy could not give you correct advise is because it is not there department. Immigration and extension of stays is not under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs as are the Embassies.

Thank's

Gary

Gary

If you had only sent me a PM or put it on the forum before you went I would have told you what will happen.

How do I know?

From bitter experience because I did the same as you and it took me 2 trips to Poipet (1 was for another reason) and a trip to Penang. After that I waited 2 1/2 months and applied for a support visa which I eventually got last week.

Now on my forehead written back wards so that I can read it in the mirror is written to myself.

GET A RE-ENTRY PERMIT BEFORE YOU LEAVE THE COUNTRY YOU A*****LE.

Guess what, it works, at least for me.

Sign me off as Mr Stupid (one time only)

Billd

Don't be so hard on yourself. I have friends who have been here for a long time that did not know that rule and tripped up. Plus it is a totally typical illogical Thai (TIT) way of doing things. You have the Visa but still have to make a separate trip to Imm Dept to leave for a day ??

Can't get the rentry slip at the border ? Why not ?

Learning the rules is a little like learning the taxation rules in the US.

Can't fight it. So ... Mai Bpen Arai.