Just How Dangerous Is It...

phaethon

Thai Friend cajoled me into joining a VCD/DVD rental joint at the local Tesco Lotus - I wasn't keen, but anything for a quiet life... :o

She sat down and got busy with the (Thai only) form before turning to me and asking for my blood group! Puzzled I looked at the form, expecting that we'd got some wires crossed, but sure enough there were the tick boxes for O, A, B and AB (don't recall seeing Rh+/- now that I think about it). :D

<deleted> does a video rental store need with my blood group? We were about 10% of they way through the form and I shuddered to think what other information might be demanded further down and, already being a reluctant conscript, this pushed me over the edge and I dragged TF out of there.

She couldn't see what the fuss was about, but coming from the UK I've been sensitized to the gathering of personal information without good reason and I can't imagine what need a video store would have for my blood group :D Perhaps it's an organ donor card option but really, there are donor cards and video club cards and ne'r the twain should meet.

Thai Friend cajoled me into joining a VCD/DVD rental joint at the local Tesco Lotus - I wasn't keen, but anything for a quiet life... :o

She sat down and got busy with the (Thai only) form before turning to me and asking for my blood group! Puzzled I looked at the form, expecting that we'd got some wires crossed, but sure enough there were the tick boxes for O, A, B and AB (don't recall seeing Rh+/- now that I think about it). :D

<deleted> does a video rental store need with my blood group? We were about 10% of they way through the form and I shuddered to think what other information might be demanded further down and, already being a reluctant conscript, this pushed me over the edge and I dragged TF out of there.

She couldn't see what the fuss was about, but coming from the UK I've been sensitized to the gathering of personal information without good reason and I can't imagine what need a video store would have for my blood group :D Perhaps it's an organ donor card option but really, there are donor cards and video club cards and ne'r the twain should meet.

There's been a problem with a number of their new-ish DVD's being returned with blood stains on them, which tends to turn off potential new renters, which in turn affects their rentability. It's a method of identifying just which particular renter is responsible for damaging their goods.

LOL :D I'd wondered where you had got to!!!!...... :D BEWARE "PIBOBS" HA HA!! Edited by dee123

It reminds me of the old days when getting my first visa for china"Are you healthy,and your organs are all in good working order"?Starts to make you wonder if you are being targeted as fresh fodder for the human meat market!! :D "What color are your eyes,sir" "yes,yes we have someone wanting a pair of those"... :D:wai:

Some Asians think that blood group is a big factor in your personality. Maybe they're just trying to help recommend movies to you. :o
Yeah, this is actually true, insanely enough. I know the Japanese are insane about the topic. People won't date people of certain blood types and what have you and I know they often feature blood types in video games and such. If the store was Tsatayo or whatever it's called they actually could consider it marketing information, heh.

I thought this was just another example of Thailand doing everything assbackwards and wrong and in an overall bizarre nonsensical fashion but then someone mentioned the Japanese are really serious about it. So I turned to my Japanese girlfriend to ask and sure enough.... some companies WILL ONLY HIRE CERTAIN BLOODTYPES! She thinks its silly but some old schoolers in Japan are deadly serious about bloodtypes. Not everyone of course, but there are still people around that believe in this. And this coming from a country with good education and common sense... wow.

I thought this was just another example of Thailand doing everything assbackwards and wrong and in an overall bizarre nonsensical fashion but then someone mentioned the Japanese are really serious about it. So I turned to my Japanese girlfriend to ask and sure enough.... some companies WILL ONLY HIRE CERTAIN BLOODTYPES! She thinks its silly but some old schoolers in Japan are deadly serious about bloodtypes. Not everyone of course, but there are still people around that believe in this. And this coming from a country with good education and common sense... wow.

Let's not go too far, I smell the pre-used panties from here.

As for the bloodtype question, it's the old I saw it once when i worked somewhere else and if they had it on their list, I guess so should I also.