Recommendations For A Good Coffeemaker Please.

What about Turkish coffee?!

It is strong, aromatic and easy to make. Just mix the coffee with sugar and boil it in a small pot with a narrow top.

No need for expensive equipment, just a pot and a grounder to ground the coffee (fine grounded coffee is also sold in Thailand). Easy cleaning as well.

Take a look at Wikipedia

Edited by Condo_bk

I live in Finland and finnish people use a lot of coffee every year ! I think finnish are heavy user with coffee in global scale too !

I have use many years my coffee maker which brand is Moccamaster ! I dont know do they sell in Thailand but it is possible to order online somewhere ! Price is about 100 euros maybe some modells a little bit under too ! At least finnish style plug fitted in Thailand !

Also we have quite good coffee in Finland ! Quite good price also .... around 2-3 euros/ half kilos !

I like French Press coffee as well but it has two major drawbaks as far as I'm concerned. One, the second cup from iit is always cold. Two, I've has three French Presses here because I've yet to find replacement glass for any French Presses here, so I stopped using them altogether.

I've sampled many different brands from the various sources here in Pattaya. I use a inexpensive drip coffee maker that I bought in Home Pro 4 years ago with the gold metal filter basket. I clean the tank with white vinegar every few months and I keep coming back to Starbucks as my coffee of choice. I import it when a friend comes in from the US at the US prices not the inflated Thai prices. Usually 10 pounds at a time in the vacuum sealed bags that are date coded for a long time.

My wife uses the grinder on the blender to grind one bag to my grind which is close to an espresso grind.

When I brew my morning coffee about 1 liter of water and my preferred amount of coffee after not more than 5 minutes I pour the pot of fresh coffee into a one liter glass thermos coffee server with a tight lid. This method keeps the fresh coffee hot enough to drink for easily more than 3 hours and does not scald and burn it.

For the OP if you are happy with the French Press then keep up the taste testing the various brands and roasts. But I would suggest a thermos bottle to keep the brew hot and fresher.

Coffee like fine wine and beer is a subjective thing and we all have different taste buds. No one can say this or that is the best! It's like appreciating a painting some will like it and some not. There is no perfect cup of coffee except to the person drinking it.