Thaksin To Crack Down On Influential Figures

george

PM vows to crack down influential figures after general election

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra has vowed that his administration will seriously crack down on influential figures if he is re-elected in the forthcoming general election on 6 February.

"If they are not suppressed, they'll always create problems. We've to wipe them out. Let's wait until after the next general election and if I were to be re-elected my administration would deal with them", he vowed.

"If the government crack them down right now, we may be criticized as abusing our power", he added.

The prime minister's remarks were in response to a journalist's question on recent assassinations of local politicians and supporters.

Mr. Thaksin also vowed to crack down on hired gunmen employed by the influential figures.

"Everybody will be under the laws, I will end their unlawful influence", he said.

It is widely expected that his Thai Rak Thai (TRT) Party will be re-elected in the 6 February's general election.

--TNA 2005-01-11

"If the government crack them down right now, we may be criticized as abusing our power", he added.

:o nobody will accuse them of doing wrong if they are indee helping the society.

so another word they are trying to say, i won't do jack-shiet and let you all rotten if you don't vote for me, how weird the system work.

Remember that this is coming from the same man who said a few weeks ago that Burmese Nobel Peace Laureate Suu Kyi should stay behind bars... His comments are becoming more dangerous and ridiculous...

"I'm a real Texan", "George Bush and I are good friends" etc."I will end poverty within 4 years (said that twice now), and more...

With a comment like thisnew one, he'd better get himself a bullet proof silk shirt or they'll get to him before the election...

hi'

With a comment like this new one, he'd better get himself a bullet proof silk shirt or they'll get to him before the election...

I was thinking about the same ...

he probably won't have to crack down anything more when "they" would crack him down ... :o

question remains ... before or after? :D

francois

Considering this is the same empty rhetoric that is espoused every few months or so, I don't imagine they are any more worried this time than at any other in the past when there was to be an imminent crackdown on influential figures.

PM vows to crack down influential figures after general election

BANGKOK: --  Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra has vowed that his administration will seriously crack down on influential figures if he is re-elected in the forthcoming general election on 6 February.

"If they are not suppressed, they'll always create problems. We've to wipe them out. Let's wait until after the next general election and if I were to be re-elected my administration would deal with them", he vowed.

The prime minister's remarks were in response to a journalist's question on recent assassinations of local politicians and supporters.

Mr. Thaksin also vowed to crack down on hired gunmen employed by the influential figures.

:o how catholic does he has to be reelected (George W :D or is it rather buddhist  in thailand?

what about his (party & family) influential figures, does this goes for them also?

"Everybody will be under the laws, I will end their unlawful influence", he said.

It is widely expected that his Thai Rak Thai (TRT) Party will be re-elected in the 6 February's general election.

--TNA 2005-01-11

That did nto seem to bother him when he killed 2,000 poor people whom he said were drug dealers, although none of them were ever brought to trial or convicted.