Girlie Question--mascara

sbk

Sorry guys, you'll just have to bow out of this one, unless you wear mascara :D

A few years ago girlx recommended a maybelline mascara to me as being quite waterproof. Well she was right and while I am fairly happy with it it really doesn't do much lengthening for my eyelashes. There was another thread that talked about eyelash dyeing and well, frankly, after reading someone's description of it, its not for me.

So, I was reading this beauty blog (sad, but it is interesting and has all sorts of home tips as well, like butter and sea salt for a pore minimizer :o ) and she recommended this Japanese mascara that actually has fibers in it. Imju Fiberwig mascara. So, I googled it and it sounds pretty good. Anyone ever heard of this product or used it? And if so, is it available in Thailand? I know boots (or is it Watsons?) has a selection of Japanese cosmetics, but I didn't really look at them as I can't read Japanese.

(the blog is babyassface btw :D )

it might surprise you sbk, but my ex-wife (god luv her) use to tell me that I had the most beautiful lashes.....anyway one nite we put a bit of that mascara on them and went out to watch a band at one of the locals & I tell ya....so many chix swooned to me, it was quite funny :o

Sbk, dont be ashamed about reading a beauty blog, im sure we have all done it in our lives, myself included. :o Well..i prefer to read beauty reviews on a product. But, mainly because i dont like to waste money on beauty products or cosmetics, and sometimes they are quite pricey, so i like to read others opinions before forking out.

Anyway..Japanese mascara..I do recall seeing Japanese mascara in Watsons, but im not sure if its the one you mean, will take a better look next time im in. As for fiber mascaras, you can actually get them from the 'regular' brands. Again, i dont recall exactly which one, but ive seen fiber mascaras from general brands like Revlon etc.

Personally I now LOVE L'Oreal Telescopic clean. It always makes my lashes look long, not over the top, and they dont look clogged up (sort of like when your lashes are wet). Fiber mascaras are more for thickening i believe.

you sure you don't want to do the dyeing SBK? it works great and lasts a long time! you don't have to bother with mascara! i just did it last week because my hot japanese model boy is coming to visit me from japan. :o

i recently bought Revlon Lash Fantasy. it has two ends - the first is an 'undercoat' and the second is the black mascara. i LOVE this product. makes my already long lashes sky high! it is waterproof which is great.

when taking off waterproof mascara, i find the best product to be Loreal GENTLE lip and eye makeup remover. fabulous stuff. its the two tone liquid in the 125ml bottle.

If you like Maybelline then you can probably stick with it.

My wife has been on the lookout for a good waterproof Mascara for a while and on a recommendation from someone bought the Mabelline one.

It has two ends as with the one that Donna described, apparently the first clear application lengthens and then the other end is the volume and colour.

She has been very happy with the results, although she says after 3 or 4 hours it starts to come off, but still better than others she has tried

It is called Mabelline Intense XXL Microfibre Waterproof Mascara

Totster :o

Edited by Totster

Totser and sbk,

where are you finding this? I've searched and while I find plenty of maybelline mascara, I don't find the waterproof one.

For years I have relied on Lanscome Defencils (not only because waterproof but also because it didn't clump) but they seem to have discontinued the line so a change is in order. Tell me that this mayebelline brand doesn't clump, and where to buy it, and I'm set!

What about when you wake up and your eyelashes on the side you were sleeping on are kind of squashed up ? How do you separate them with the mascara properly? I'm quite rubbish at applying it so I sort of avoid it. I'm also lazy to remove it at night :o

I bought my maybelline in the US, sorry Sheryl!

The thing that attracted me to the japanese stuff was the fibrous nature of the product. Reading the reviews, it sounds like it could be just the thing for me.

Dyeing sounds just too close to the eyes for me girlx! I hate having other people touch my eyes and tend to overreact with things like this, blinking and watering something terrible.

you sure you don't want to do the dyeing SBK? it works great and lasts a long time! you don't have to bother with mascara! i just did it last week because my hot japanese model boy is coming to visit me from japan. :o

Off topic, but "you go girl (x)!" and "maybe you can ride the recession out in Japan instead of Mexico-where-there's-a-good-chance-to-be-killed-or-maimed".

If it helps any, this is the "look" you get with L'Oreal telescopic. Just simple and 'clean' looking. (sorry that the focus isnt great, but good enough to get the idea, i think).

eyeeye.jpg

That looks great, eek. I appreciate this thread because I feel a hyper-girlie phase coming on, and I want to return to wearing mascara and full makeup after not wearing it forever. I seldom wear mascara, but I always have some around, and the last time I bought some it was at Boots in Bangkok. I bought two types of Japanese mascara, one with a little comb for thickening and another with a brush. Both were crap.

What about when you wake up and your eyelashes on the side you were sleeping on are kind of squashed up ? How do you separate them with the mascara properly? I'm quite rubbish at applying it so I sort of avoid it. I'm also lazy to remove it at night :o

I know, that's why I never bother with the stuff - I either like to sleep in late, make love or have a nice cup of tea rather than apply makeup every frickin' morning and take it off at night. But, when I do wear it, I remove it at night. That's why I only wear it about once every two years, lol. But, I think I am going to return to my teenage/early 20s stage and start wearing it again, even if it's just on the weekend. There's only so much time on earth to look absolutely glamorous, lol.

One tip for make up removal, nampueng you should know this already :D Babywipes

Takes a few seconds to get your make up off at the end of the day with minimal fuss or mess, can even manage it when steaming drunk :o, can't remember the last time I went to bed with any make up on, probably as a teen & honestly, my skin is thanking me for it now. :D

Ooh Boo you're right! I take those with me when I'm travelling for work. When I'm at home I have Shiseido face cleansing oil in a pump container. Just a couple of bursts and then rub oil all over the face, with a little bit of extra attention for my lashes. Then rinse off with warm water or in the shower. It gets my super-waterproof mascara and all other makeup off in seconds. It's the lazy women's way of cleansing, but it really works.

Thanks Kat.

I dont have thick lashes sadly and, i find for me, if i use the thickening mascara it looks clumpy on my lashes and feels sort of heavy. Maybe its my application technique that is off, but i have tried a few different kinds over the years and I find that a clean 'natural' look works best for me as i make a hash of trying a more glamorous look.

Did try eyelash extensions once, because i really wanted lush thick looking lashes, but they felt horrible! Constantly felt that something was on my eyes, and when i slept they would dig into my skin around the eyes and hurt. Also, because i found the eye area hard to clean, my eyes always felt dirty. Was so glad when they finally all grew out.

What i like about the L'Oreal one is that even though its not waterproof, it doesnt come off easy and never flakes. I tend to rub my eyes a little too when im working on the computer (bad habit i know), but even then its still there at the end of the day. Never reapply unless Im going out in the evening. But, even so, its very easy to remove. I also like use baby wipes or similar to remove. :D:o