Storm Damage?

sharecropper

Did Saturday night's storm leave any lasting damage in Pattaya?

I was watching corrugated iron sheets being blown across the ground, and from the ground floor of View Talay 7 into Jomtien Complex, one sheet acutally rising three floors and entering the car park.

Later I watched a lightning strike take out a power box on Jomtien beach Road (JBR) and plunge the beach into darkness, and at 5am when I finally went to bed (having had a late night at home) I saw a palm tree had been felled and thrown into JBR and had hit a car. As the police, fire and ambulance were attending, I fear there must have been some serious injuries to the car's occupants.

Anything else around the town?

Did Saturday night's storm leave any lasting damage in Pattaya?

I was watching corrugated iron sheets being blown across the ground, and from the ground floor of View Talay 7 into Jomtien Complex, one sheet acutally rising three floors and entering the car park.

Later I watched a lightning strike take out a power box on Jomtien beach Road (JBR) and plunge the beach into darkness, and at 5am when I finally went to bed (having had a late night at home) I saw a palm tree had been felled and thrown into JBR and had hit a car. As the police, fire and ambulance were attending, I fear there must have been some serious injuries to the car's occupants.

Anything else around the town?

And there was me worrying about the river of mud flowing down Soi 5 towards immigration where they have just dug up the concrete surface yet again to lay some pipes and replaced it with earth as usual!

I could not find a motocyc taxi before 30 minutes to take me home. So far for my damage.

I noticed a few pots were broken at the condo here. Nothing special but a bit unusual for the time of the year.