Spam

h90

On my companies emailadresses I get (after a servers spam filter) approx. 1500 Spam emails per day.

Actually I am already a highly trained spam deleter, it would be an olympic disciplin I would rank very well.

Currently I use Outlook Express and my mailboxes contain arround 1 Mill emails.

In the night I tried to change to Thunderbird or alternative to Eudora. Both handel the spam very well but with both were to convenice for me in handling and Eudora lost half or the emails when importing from Outlook express.

Is there any other idea, what I can try? Different kind of Emailsoftware, or plug in for Outlook Express to filter. (I use POPSSL on port 995, not all software support that).

One common solution is also to let it run over yahoo or gmx filters, but the emails contain a lot of creditcardcompanies so I like to have them secret on my computer only.

Thanks for any help, I guess I am not the only one with such problems.

I use Outlook and it makes every email go to the Junk Folder, even the ones from previously accepted addresses. So I have to do all the sorting of Spam to good emails in the Junk Folder. Bothersome that it will not work correctly.

george: thanks a lot, no webmail does not help me. I write hundreds of emails per day and use a lot search functions, so webmail is far to slow for me (specially over SSL). But thanks for your kind offer.

paulfr: lol, that would make my work a lot easier, just put half of the customer in the junk, so I have a lot of time for going to the beach hahahaha.

I heared there is some software which can be pluged in, but if it is not working I get hugh problems with my customer......

I use Outlook and it makes every email go to the Junk Folder, even the ones from previously accepted addresses. So I have to do all the sorting of Spam to good emails in the Junk Folder. Bothersome that it will not work correctly.

You have your setting to high in the filter , set it to medium only one or two get through that everyday with me. include your know adresses in your accepted address list.

Works very good for me , i even do not look in the junk mails anymore, just delete them.

On my companies emailadresses I get (after a servers spam filter) approx. 1500 Spam emails per day.

Actually I am already a highly trained spam deleter, it would be an olympic disciplin I would rank very well.

Currently I use Outlook Express and my mailboxes contain arround 1 Mill emails.

In the night I tried to change to Thunderbird or alternative to Eudora. Both handel the spam very well but with both were to convenice for me in handling and Eudora lost half or the emails when importing from Outlook express.

Is there any other idea, what I can try? Different kind of Emailsoftware, or plug in for Outlook Express to filter. (I use POPSSL on port 995, not all software support that).

One common solution is also to let it run over yahoo or gmx filters, but the emails contain a lot of creditcardcompanies so I like to have them secret on my computer only.

Thanks for any help, I guess I am not the only one with such problems.

Take a look at Cloudmark SafetyBar - plugs into Outlook/Outlook Express and works by itself for virtually all spam you'll get. You can configure it to dump all spams automatically to an Outlook spam folder and check through them if you're worried about losing something that's not spam - or just have them deleted automatically if you're confident. The odd one that slips through to your Inbox, you just click on it to block it. The best thing about this is that it learns from all users about new spams - i.e. the spam message that you click on gets added to the central database for automatic removal....... and, of course, the same applies to other users - so everyone's helping everyone else. Great system - and there's a 30-day free trial.

http://www.cloudmark.com/products/safetybar/

my mailboxes contain arround 1 Mill emails.

Dude, you need a new job :o

I switched to Thunderbird about 10 days ago and love it. Its well worth the annoyance of of learning the new different way of doing things (personally I reckon killing 1,500 spams a day would be worth any amount of inconvenience !).

The spam filter is great (I cheer every morning as it vanishes from my inbox)...and so is the integrated newsfeeds and the global inbox and the general interface. I could rant for quite a while here, but lets just say that everything just works and it hasn't crashed out on me once.

I'm never going back to Outlook.

Edited by Crushdepth

You have your setting to high in the filter , set it to medium only one or two get through that everyday with me. include your know adresses in your accepted address list.

Works very good for me , i even do not look in the junk mails anymore, just delete them.

Darknight

I cannot find this filter level setting.

Under Organize I find Junk and Adult settings, but no level for filters.

Just lists of bad/Junk senders

Thanks

Loxinfo's Spam filter has worked great for me. Cut my junk mail from 100's per day to basically zero. It holds the junk in a seperate folder for 7 days if you want to check for good email that was put in spam box by mistake... I looked at that file for the first week or so, but never found them making any mistakes, so now I don't bother checking any more... Sure is nice now :o

Crushdepth: thunderbird can not handle downloads of larger amounts of emails (say more than 300) over POP3SSL (might be a also a true issue).

I'll try Spambully now.

About Spambully - "up to you" :o:D but you might want to read what PC Magazine said about it before you part with your cash...........

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1622125,00.asp

Steve2UK Spam Bully needs a lot of training, but now after 3 days it makes 98.75 % right, and I hope in the next days it gets even better.

for cash anyway no problem, I only pay for software after I tested it one month and it is good (not the legal way but who cares in Thailand)

Steve2UK Spam Bully needs a lot of training, but now after 3 days it makes 98.75 % right, and I hope in the next days it gets even better.

for cash anyway no problem, I only pay for software after I tested it one month and it is good (not the legal way but who cares in Thailand)

Happy that you found a solution that works for you - as I did with Cloudmark. I should have said that their Spamnet/Safety Bar goes on working even after the 30-day free "trial"........ There's (often) more than one way to skin a cat. :o

Edited by Steve2UK