Aids

pnustedt

A few days a member posted a thread in Gen Topics on Aids in Thailand, complaining that his previous post on the subject had been zapped because it was too insensitive at the time (during the tsunami disaster).

A number of members, myself included, contributed to this later thread reporting our experiences with aids victims in Thailand. I thought that the thread was quite informative and discussion was quite rational.

However, it appears that this thread too has been zapped - I cannot find an explanation anywhere or see how it breaks any forum rules. Is this a taboo subject on TV?

Not at all, the reason that thread got zapped was because the OP decided to take the thread and turn it around to become abusive to the moderators.

He's no longer with us, neither is his thread.

Although if you want a thread about the AID's virus, i think the health forum would be the best place to discuss that.

Oh and i've moved this thread to forum support, as its not really a topic for general.

pnustedt, I told this poster that i had removed his thread as he had posted it in the middle of the tsunami disaster sub forum, very insensitive & along the lines of "even though this is a great disatser the money would be better spent on AIDS funding & not the people displaced or injured in the tsunami" . To me this was very misplaced & insensitive & the poster then started to whinging about it in his new post. TV has no problem with any post of that nature just not in the wrong forum. Had the poster been mature enough to realise that & not turn this into a bitching session then he may still be with us!

A few days a member posted a thread in Gen Topics on Aids in Thailand, complaining that his previous post on the subject had been zapped because it was too insensitive at the time (during the tsunami disaster).

A number of members, myself included, contributed to this later thread reporting our experiences with aids victims in Thailand. I thought that the thread was quite informative and discussion was quite rational.

However, it appears that this thread too has been zapped - I cannot find an explanation anywhere or see how it breaks any forum rules. Is this a taboo subject on TV?

I'll open one myself ok Pnu ? Your free to dicuss aids in the health forum as that is the place for it. You, guesthouse , whomever.

I'll open a new one , one moment Please

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=24719

Please continue your discussions here. i'll see if we can retrieve some of your old comments.

Thanks