Anyone In Nong Khai, Do Me A Favour?

Sweet Dreams

Hi There!

I am having a logistical problem and would like advice/assistance form locals or others passing through Nong Khai.

It is getting hot (!), and I would like to donate some Table size 16'' fans to the Hmong Refugees at Nong Khai Immigration Centre (just round the corner from Tesco Lotus).

I need someone to purchase from Lotus and deliver or have delivered by Lotus to IDC - can provide further details by PM.

Please help me to help the Refugees:

Google "158 Refugees in Nong Khai" for more info.

These men, women and 91 kids are locked up 22 hours a day - you know how hot it is.

Cheers

Hi There!

I am having a logistical problem and would like advice/assistance form locals or others passing through Nong Khai.

It is getting hot (!), and I would like to donate some Table size 16'' fans to the Hmong Refugees at Nong Khai Immigration Centre (just round the corner from Tesco Lotus).

I need someone to purchase from Lotus and deliver or have delivered by Lotus to IDC - can provide further details by PM.

These men, women and 91 kids are locked up 22 hours a day - you know how hot it is.

Cheers

Great idea!

I can't help with the location but would be happy to donate the cost of a 16" fan.

Can send A$ to you if practical. :o

Maybe some more Ozmates would like to too. :D

Hi There!

Cheers

Unfortunately I am back in the UK now so I can't help. Whilst I admire your efforts to help these people, who I knew nothing about until I read your post, I'm wondering if there may be some problems. If you send these fans will they get them or will whoever is guarding them take them to sell or for their own use and if they do get them will they be allowed to use the electricity to power them. From what I've read the last thing the authorities want is for them to be comfortable.

Anyway that's just my thoughts and I wish you luck with trying to help these unfortunate people.

good idea.

I will phone the centre to make sure that they will accept the fans and that they will be able to be switched on.

It may be acase of buying one of those very large stand alone fans to cover a whole room.

Got friends in Nong Khai who will hopefully help