Non Immigrant Visa/one-way Flight From Uk

I posted this question in the travel forum but it might get more response here:

I understand from the UK Hull consulate website that Thai immigration laws permit entry on a one-way ticket if you have an appropriate visa but even at that, some airlines won't let you board a Thailand bound plane on this basis. I'm looking for a quick heads up as to whether anyone knows for sure which airlines are to be avoided from the UK (if any), when travelling one-way on a Non Immigrant visa. I will of course ask directly nearer the time but just wondered if anyone had first hand experience.

I'll likely be flying from Glasgow on any one of Emirates, BMI, BA, Austrian Airlines, KLM or Lufthansa.

Any pointers appreciated.

TCA

Thanks Lite Beer. This is the offending webpage and excerpt that got me thinking:

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/downloads/Aj%...ht%20Ticket.doc

Please also note that some flight operators may be reluctant to accept a traveller to Thailand with only a one-way ticket even if they are in possession of a valid visa. This may be something to do with rules or regulations imposed by the flight operator.

Just wondered if anyone had actually experienced any difficulties.

Hi,

I came over last year, with Eva, flying out of Heathrow. When I got to the checking desk they were not going to let me board without an onward ticket, I told them that Travel Centre, did infact phone Eva to make sure before booking. They got on the phoneand all was ok. Some anxious moments. It is worth asking when you book your flight. Just for peace of mind. I have an Non Imm O retirment Visa.

Best wishes. jb1

Airlines will not let you fly if you plan on getting a visa on arrival (30 days). You must have a return ticket or a ticket showing that you will fly out of Thailand to another country.

As long as you have a non O or non b you will have no problem I fly one way all the time.

colino