How Is This Land Border Runner Still Getting 30 Days...?

I know someone who lives upcountry, near the Thailand-Laos border and he's doing border runs every 30 days since about a year. A few days ago he showed me his passport and as recently as 2 weeks ago, he got and keeps getting 30 day stamps. I'm not really up-to-date on the latest 15/30 day stamp rules, but I thought I read somewhere that you can only get 15 days at the land border now?

How is this guy still getting 30 day stamps? Tea money? :o And I don't know what border, for those interested, sorry, I didn't ask.

I know someone who lives upcountry, near the Thailand-Laos border and he's doing border runs every 30 days since about a year. A few days ago he showed me his passport and as recently as 2 weeks ago, he got and keeps getting 30 day stamps. I'm not really up-to-date on the latest 15/30 day stamp rules, but I thought I read somewhere that you can only get 15 days at the land border now?

How is this guy still getting 30 day stamps? Tea money? :D And I don't know what border, for those interested, sorry, I didn't ask.

Yes. 15 days at a land border. 30 days at the airport.

We can only think that something else is going on :o

I have a Russian friend who has been doing land crossing for the last year and he is still getting 30-day entry stamps. Depends on nationality I think.

Yes. Russians get 30 days under a bilateral agreement.

Some nationalities get 90 days.