Do Expat 'thai Girls' Grumble Like Us?

Andrew Hicks

I must be a lucky farang! My Thai wife has been with me in UK since May 07, she likes the weather(lol) got a job within a couple of weeks where she has made alot of new friends(but none Thai) and has never(touch wood) complained about anything (yet!) Any Thai she has spoken too ie in restaurants or shops just complain about everything in the UK! So she cant understand why they are still here???? She doesnt want any Thai friends, this is part of the reason she left Thailand, she is tired of all the gossip, chit chat and contanstant bickering that they all seem to do, wether in TL or UK!! Hey guys you should look at wedding square a site where all the Thai women get together and REALLY moan about everything!!! Its all in Thai language(but DONT tell your wives about it!) This site is dangerous has they all get together and discuss whats best to handle a tricky situation in farangland often with severe consequences as most havent a clue about advice as they just want to creat gossip and stir things up!! I think the site must be run by Thai women as the advice is the direct oppisite of advice given on this site..IE Guy asks for advice on sin sod here..told DUMP HER, you dont have to give it and there are plenty Thai women out there who doesnt ask for it!! same question asked on wedding square... 'My Farang BF doesnt want to pay sin sod'..would get answered...DUMP him, if he doesnt respect Thai culture get shut, plenty more farang out there that will pay it!! LOL

That does sound funny!

I guess its human nature to be selfish!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, most of the time its my bf who complain about living here :D

Not hard for me to have friends but none Thai friend which im not interest to. My close friend now is from Bolivia, younger too lol make me feel young and we can talk about everything.

Other ones from Philipines - France and Israel which we are studying Dutch together, now we become alive group :o

I met 2-3 Thai woman here, but sorry I dont feel like being friend with them.

My son and I can adjust very well here...except one thing is biking in the rain, windy too.

I need a driver license soon !

Here some pics of us :-)

Nice pic ครับ.

Can't be bothered to read all the male chauvanistic <deleted> about Thai women. What a lot of rubbish that you all guys out there believe that you 'take' a Thai woman to the west and then see how she gets on. Reverse that and take you, Mr Farang Man, to the village in Thailand and see how you get on... This Website is showing itself more and more to be supportive of male Westeners who want to exploit Thai women as something lower than themselves.

You men out there on this forum sound like like a 'little Thai wife' is a 'prize' that you take home to your country and hope that she will fit in???

Go on... explain...

Edited by Nampeung

This website is only supportive of male westerners who exploit Thai women, didn't you read the terms and conditions when you signed up? Oh and it's not just Thai women we think of lower than ourselves, it's Thais in general.

I have to admit, we do take our Thai wives home as a "prize" or "trophy", but we don't hope she fits in, we don't really care. As long as she sits pretty, looks good on our arms when we are out, and cleans the house, we are happy.

Edited by scottyd

I took my ex to the UK and it turnt out to be a nightmare - for both her and myself. We moved back to Thailand.

For the majority of Thai women that I met they had all adapted well to living in the UK. There was an element of compition between the ladies - whose Farang has the biggest house etc. The same way that you see the same compitition between Thai ladies living with thier farang husbands in Thailand.

One thing that did stand out was that every single Thai that I met was waiting for the day when they had made enough money to go back and live in Thailand.

The Indians and Chinese make England their home. The Thais seem to use it as a stepping stone to obtain wealth.

Cynical - Maybe? - But you don't see too many third or fourth generation thai's living in the UK.

SPOT ON

when i used to see a thai lady in Uk,all her friends were tlaking about the day when they could go back home,and that was when their old husbands popped their clogs,and they have big money.Put me off a bit but the lure of Thailand was too much and luckily not all thai women are like that.

Have a friend, who brought his Thai wife back home. A very friendly, honest, strong and sporty Thai woman, who could hardly speak English. At a crowded birthday party at a friends place she danced Ramwong. She was the only Thai there. Everybody was moved.

After a while, she met other Thai women. But she did not noticeable change.

But one day she did not come back home to her husband, my friend. He was worried, did not know where she is, could not reach her. During the next days, he got a phone call from another Farang. With an elderly voice, he told him, that she does not want to talk with my friend and that she stays from now onwards with that guy...

That's no exception, just re-read the last 2 paragraphs of my comment. The most sound advise I can give to every newbie or greenhorn.

STAY AWAY FROM THE THAI EXPAT SCENE IN YOUR COUNTRY.

Another sound advise giving already by another member. She should look for a job, its good for her self esteem and will meet non-Thai people and make new friends. Don't force her to into your own circle of friends or family, allow her to make her own circle of non-Thai friends. Because if you had a GF/ wife of your own nationality she will have also. Another good way is to make friendships who are new to both of you.

BTW the best friends of my wife are non-Thai, (Italian)

stay away from thai expat scene

great point.

some of the bitchiness is incredible and i just wish i could have spoken some thai then.The thai lady i was seeing,was a snob and talked about all these ladies as ex bar girls and that they married old farange to get to the Uk then leave the men and start a new life with sexy young man

This website is only supportive of male westerners who exploit Thai women, didn't you read the terms and conditions when you signed up? Oh and it's not just Thai women we think of lower than ourselves, it's Thais in general.

I have to admit, we do take our Thai wives home as a "prize" or "trophy", but we don't hope she fits in, we don't really care. As long as she sits pretty, looks good on our arms when we are out, and cleans the house, we are happy.

You surprise me scottyd. I'm usually a big fan but are you serious? Please tell me you're just taking the pizz.

I do agree with you on the last point - 'cleans the house' :o

I think if she had that attitude she would have never stayed in England, of course all people are different, many posters here seem to dislike so much about Thailand yet they soldier on regardless.

I kinda respect that in a way cos I know I couldn't or wouldn't do it.

That's because they are stuck here..... :o

My wife is far stronger and more adaptable then I could have imagined. When she first came to the US I never fully appreciated the changes she had to adapt to. Food was hard for her, Alaska doesnt have the best in Asian grocery but she did very well with what there is. The climate, it was -27 F when we left in January and she worked outdoors about 3 hours per day, I probably complained more about the weather. For her it was exciting.

She has had opportunities to have Thai friends but has not pursued them, the few she met she never clicked with. She made friends with ladies from her work, they never seem like the complaining type.

I often shake my head at the ranting on some of the posts on here. My wife enjoys a site usvisa4thai, well it replaces her thai soaps with the real like drama of thai women in the USA. I suppose its not so far from what goes on here.

Her biggest complain in Thailand - driving. She never minded driving here before but after driving in the US she now finds the driving here to be what it is to most of us.

some of the bitchiness is incredible and i just wish i could have spoken some thai then.The thai lady i was seeing,was a snob and talked about all these ladies as ex bar girls and that they married old farange to get to the Uk then leave the men and start a new life with sexy young man

har, har. SCNR. you mean old men, divorce and leaving their old wifes (from time to time you can read the stories of these poor old mens here on TV forum and their complains, falang wife take everything...) coming to thailand, follow the insider tips of the OP, pick up a young thai girl and are then surprised that the young girl favours young boys.

if you have nothing more to offer than bring her to some certain kind of thai expat circles that comes with other old falang 'my thai wife' husband buffons, no surprise. she will probably just escape this scene.

and you don't have to buy another cliché book about thai girls, so that you can understand this "mysterious" species. just work on your own man-skills. and you don't have to give up a traditional role model and become a softie, but you have to show some manners and act like a gentleman. treat your girl like a woman. if man getting older, we can develop other qualities, but we have to work on it.

if you are into woman, don't ignore what nampueng complained about, she is one of them, a woman. don't listen so much what the other wannabe alpha monkeys have to say and their stereotyping of thai woman. they failed allready, that why they grumble. hey and even they are the best buddies to have a beer with, they won't clean the house. and that's the goal, right?

I would say the majority of expat ladies I have spoken to seem to be in consensus that expat men bother them the most. A young lady told me the other day she is constantly harassed by "dirty old fat perverts" who seem to think all of the ladies are dieing to have sex with them. As far as the Thai people and culture go they don't seem to have a problem with it and tend to be well adjusted and respectful. I suppose I have had a little contact with these types and have seen them about town with bar girl looking types and it kind of makes us all look bad. I took my Thai niece to the bus station the other day as she was returning to university in Bangkok and the dirty looks I got for being with a young Thai girl made me a little uncomfortable to say the least, I can't imagine how I will feel walking into lotus with my daughter in 10 years when she is 18.

@scotty and nampuen

What a load of rubbish your posting tarring everyone with the same brush. I did take a Thai wife to Holland and it failed miserably mostly because she came in contact with the wrong kind of Thais. She is now busy with her 3rd farang husband and having a divorce.

Now things are reversed i live in Thailand with my wife and im adapting. No farang here in this village but me. I speak some Thai and im learning more every time.

With my current (second and hopefully the last) wife i hope to stay forever in Thailand but we discussed before where we wanted to stay. I did not want her to come to Holland because i thought i could adapt here better.

You can criticize Thais without thinking your better then them, i live on an equal base with my wife but that doesn't mean i cant point out flaws in others and others can do the same with me.

There might be a lot of old fat bastards who pay for their young bride and take her home as a trophy wife. But not everyone here is like that.

Thai Visa can be a bit of a grumble fest and it's well known that expats everywhere let off steam when they get together and complain about the things they find frustrating in their adoptive country.

I often wonder if Thai wives whisked back to the West do the same thing. Do they get together in each others' homes in England for example and moan about us and our horrible culture?

If so, what specifically are the things they find difficult or annoying about England or wherever they are.

Apart from the obvious problems such as exile from Mama and som tam, it must be difficult for them at times and I'd love to know what in particular irritates them most.

Andrew Hicks

My wife lives with me in Sydney and loves it ,been here two years already and has heaps of thai friends and they all get together and make som tum.

some of the other girls complain bout there hubbys but they are lazy piss heads,and are half are Thai ,and gamble there money away.

but as I know if I had to live in the UK i would shot myself in the head.

I would say the majority of expat ladies I have spoken to seem to be in consensus that expat men bother them the most....

I'm sorry mate, but you have lost me with this post. This thread is about how expat (thai) women manage/behave in a western country. Your post seems to be about how expat (farang) men and women behave and are perceived in Thailand. Am I missing something? :o

Thai Visa can be a bit of a grumble fest and it's well known that expats everywhere let off steam when they get together and complain about the things they find frustrating in their adoptive country.

I often wonder if Thai wives whisked back to the West do the same thing. Do they get together in each others' homes in England for example and moan about us and our horrible culture?

If so, what specifically are the things they find difficult or annoying about England or wherever they are.

Apart from the obvious problems such as exile from Mama and som tam, it must be difficult for them at times and I'd love to know what in particular irritates them most.

Andrew Hicks

My wife lives with me in Sydney and loves it ,been here two years already and has heaps of thai friends and they all get together and make som tum.

some of the other girls complain bout there hubbys but they are lazy piss heads,and are half are Thai ,and gamble there money away.

but as I know if I had to live in the UK i would shot myself in the head.

got a free ticket for you and can arrange the gun

RIP

I have a good friend who has a Thai wife, nice woman, but started hanging aroud with Thai friends and suddenly she is gambling away all her wages. She has a degree and speaks good English, you would think she would know better, but I guess she is just easily led/weak willed. She was saving fora holiday back to Thailand, but it's gone up in smoke, gambled it all away. At least she was decent enough to only gamble her money and not my friends!

they can be the worst kind of thai

har, har. SCNR. you mean old men, divorce and leaving their old wifes (from time to time you can read the stories of these poor old mens here on TV forum and their complains, falang wife take everything...) coming to thailand, follow the insider tips of the OP, pick up a young thai girl and are then surprised that the young girl favours young boys.

if you have nothing more to offer than bring her to some certain kind of thai expat circles that comes with other old falang 'my thai wife' husband buffons, no surprise. she will probably just escape this scene.

and you don't have to buy another cliché book about thai girls, so that you can understand this "mysterious" species. just work on your own man-skills. and you don't have to give up a traditional role model and become a softie, but you have to show some manners and act like a gentleman. treat your girl like a woman. if man getting older, we can develop other qualities, but we have to work on it.

if you are into woman, don't ignore what nampueng complained about, she is one of them, a woman. don't listen so much what the other wannabe alpha monkeys have to say and their stereotyping of thai woman. they failed allready, that why they grumble. hey and even they are the best buddies to have a beer with, they won't clean the house. and that's the goal, right?

I listen to my lady perfectly.

she wants to live in Thailand and be able to see her mum ,when the chance arrises,and i am happy to live in Thailand and not the UK.Easy for me because she is not tempted by some thai women who say she can earn big money in Uk then come back home.

I'm with the Aussie ... fezman. I not not think there is little difference between Oz and Kiwiland.

The invitation given to the Khon Ang-grits early on has ended up describing something I cannot relate to. I am happy my English forefathers came "down under" given my desire for thai women, the food and the culture. :D

Thai's here seem to mould together well and are mostly very accepting and helpful of each other, and I think a heck of a lot better than most of the other Asian cultures that come south.

The biggest grumble that comes from my thai wife :o She has learnt that no matter where thai's live there is one distinction that they cannot escape - 'hi-so are always there'.

No not the thai ones - the falang ones.

Can't be bothered to read all the male chauvanistic <deleted> about Thai women. What a lot of rubbish that you all guys out there believe that you 'take' a Thai woman to the west and then see how she gets on. Reverse that and take you, Mr Farang Man, to the village in Thailand and see how you get on... This Website is showing itself more and more to be supportive of male Westeners who want to exploit Thai women as something lower than themselves.

You men out there on this forum sound like like a 'little Thai wife' is a 'prize' that you take home to your country and hope that she will fit in???

Go on... explain...

I'm sure you'll get plenty of married dudes answering you. In the meantime, can you show me examples of all the Farang wives that have been taken back to the village by their Thai knights in shining armor?

bahaha.

If there was a "Pattaya of the West" were young farang guys could hang out and wait for rich, old Thai ladies then, please, show me the way!

You surprise me scottyd. I'm usually a big fan but are you serious? Please tell me you're just taking the pizz.

You know, surprising enough, I have met at least a dozen Thai girls who "clean the house" on the first date. LOL. It always shocks me to see how they just take it as part of life that dishes need to be cleaned, or laundry needs to be washed. Never in my life did I have a Western chick do any routine chores without bitching about it.

Jeff

You know, surprising enough, I have met at least a dozen Thai girls who "clean the house" on the first date. LOL. It always shocks me to see how they just take it as part of life that dishes need to be cleaned, or laundry needs to be washed. Never in my life did I have a Western chick do any routine chores without bitching about it.

Jeff

I am an American and my Thai wife has lived in the U.S. for now 3 years. We have a 2-year old son. My wife has met several Thai women here but most she doesn't really like. She has one close Thai friend, the others she says are just too phony. Interestingly, most of her closest friends are Filipino. Yeah, she complains - but show me a woman who doesn't. Maybe 2 or 3 years from now, we will move to Thailand where I will be the fish out of water. I just hope to be able to cope with complete cultural change as well as she has.