Organic Fruits And Vegetables In Chiang Mai

Chang Nawn Lap

Hello!

Much respect and admiration to everyone involved in the growing and supporting of organic farming!

I am currently looking for large quantities of organic fruits and vegetables for a 2 year intensive health program.

I have battled much of my life with chronic lyme disease and I have decided to undertake an organic intensive juice plan to eradicate my illness. I will be consuming 10 fresh organic juices made fresh daily. I am following the gerson protocol located in mexico. gerson.org

I just acquired a home outside of chiang mai and a vehicle.

I will need about

40 Kg of organic carrot per week

20Kg of organic potato

20kg of organic apple (if possible)

20-30 Kg of all other organic fruits and vegetable

I would prefer delivery to my home in hang dong

any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!

I know of jj makret for organic, but im looking for bulk and delivery.

I will be in chiang mai on march 7th and im lookin for RESULTS!

thanks for the help!

//e-mail removed as per forum rules//

I am currently looking for large quantities of organic fruits and vegetables for a 2 year intensive health program.

I see organic vegetables in the open air markets all the time. And all the supermarkets from Lotus to Rim Ping have them, though the prices are higher. Go to all of them and see if you can get to the suppliers.

You should have not problem in setting up a continuous supply.

This is a problem pretty much in every country, but some Western countries try to test and monitor. Another problem is produce that has been grown organically on land with lots of chemical residue. The sellers need to wait many years before calling it organic, but they are going to a great deal of work and expense while they are waiting.

I see organic vegetables in the open air markets all the time.

How can you tell organic from non-organic in the markets?

And how can we feel sure that what is being sold as organic is indeed organic?

Most of so called organic produce in Thailand isn't "organic". Khun Nong the owner of Ban Suon Pak store tests incoming produce a couple times a week and according her it took a long time to find vendors who were not being misleading/fraudulent. Even at her store a small amount of the produce is labeled organic. Most of the produce she sells is labeled reduced or low pesticide.

If you had a source of produce you could probably take a few samples to Nong and have them tested before your eyes. I would imagine she would need to charge you because it takes some time and expense but at least you would know more about the product.

Most of so called organic produce in Thailand isn't "organic". Khun Nong the owner of Ban Suon Pak store tests incoming produce a couple times a week and according her it took a long time to find vendors who were not being misleading/fraudulent. Even at her store a small amount of the produce is labeled organic. Most of the produce she sells is labeled reduced or low pesticide.

If you had a source of produce you could probably take a few samples to Nong and have them tested before your eyes. I would imagine she would need to charge you because it takes some time and expense but at least you would know more about the product.

Where is Ban Suon Pak?

Thanks CSN.

Where is Ban Suon Pak?

Thanks CSN.

419/27 Vitchayanon Road, Chaingmai

Tel. 053233317, 09-4331357

just outside the north east corner or the moat and going toward the US Consulate. Its a little bit off the road on the south side of the street in a little shopping center type thing.

Again thanks CSN, I know the place but did not know the name, back right side shop is my guess and if not it is back left.

You were sure right about the $. Hope it is going well.

Edited by Bill97

• 9 months later...

There is an organic farmers market each and every Wednesday and Saturday morning at the entrance to Chiang Mai University--the gate just west of Nimmenhamen Road, on the street that runs east to west from Nimmenhamen where the traffic lights are between Huay Kaew and Suthep.

I think the market opens at around 6 a.m. and finishes around 10 a.m. or so.

There are also the Doi Kam (Royal Project Stores & affiliates) around town. The large one is on the N. W. corner of Canal Rd. & Suthep Rd. They also have a mini kiosk in the basement food court at Airport Plaza.

Kemp, once you get to know the vendors, you can place your order with them for weekly supplies.

• 8 months later...

What's the latest on organic foods in Chiang Mai?

How do you say, "Royal Project" in Thai, when buying veggies?

Is there some kind of a symbol on the packaging of vegetables that indicates organic, pesticide-free, or Royal Project? What is the symbol? Would it say "organic" in Thai, and what is that word?

In Thanin Market, I've noticed one seller has her veggies in plastic bags with a green and white label, so I'm wondering if that's organic.

What is the story on organic or free-range meats, chicken, etc?

Where's a good source for fresh ocean fish?

I do know the excellent Wed & Sat AM market at CMU fields on Chang Roi Rd west of Niemenhaimen. But I'm not familiar with the JJ's Market place that was mentioned. That's closer to where I live. What do they sell there, where are they exactly, and when are they open?

I've found only one restaurant that serves brown/ red rice ("kaao glong") in the Chang Phuek/ Santitam area, and that's the"mong salawat" (vegetarian) place off Husadeesawee near the little traffic circle and police station. I haven't made it to the Ahahn Je restaurant that's next to the gas station on the west side of T. Chang Phuek just south of SuperHighway, but I'm guessing they may have brown/red rice, too

Of course Pun Pun at Wat Suan Dok, Khun Churn, and Eden are nice options.

It takes an effort to find healthy foods on a regular basis.