Harrassed By Ftpa In Walking Street

allexx

Think about it, if you wanted to start a news outlet to support yourself financially - and because it keeps you busy and interests you, what better place to be than a volunteer police officer

Fair point. Kind of like ambulance chasing lawyers, eh?

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MEN IN BLACK

While some might see the black uniform worn by the foreign assistants and the military boots and berets of their Thai counterparts as intimidating, Mr Miller argues they are practical. ''Because the climate in Pattaya is very hot, it is not practical for us to wear a white or light-coloured shirt as they will show sweat and stains,'' he said. ''Black shirts look smart and they do show a little bit of authority.''

BUT THEY HAVE NO AUTHORITY

Also, I do agree the way they walk down walking street they look like idiots. And if you have to put up with very drunk people all night long, people who want to start fights because they are drunk and other confrontational crap on an hourly basis, i'd also be approaching someone with a camera on the front foot not the 'oh i'm sorry, can you turn that off please' back foot. maybe it was a little too aggressive (which i think it came across as), but who's to say he had been having a good night.

1. The cameraman is not drunk or trying to start a fight

2. The Tourist Policeman has no legal right to ask anything of-or to approach the cameraman

All I had to see was Howard walk up and try to cover the lens with his hand.

You were out of line Howard.

Just because you can wear the uniform does not make you any sort of authority. You are there to ASSIST tourists, not hassle them. Not even if they are filming, in public, covertly.

Edited by Tokay

In saying that, his mate shouldn't have said squat, should have stood back and let howard say whatever he wanted to say and leave it at that, the civilian came on like the idiot screwing up what could - should have been a civialised conversation.

erm, should that be 3 civilians, 2 in fancy dress? :o

to all on here that reside in Pattaya and have a problem with Howard and the FPV....

how's about you go and tell him your concerns instead of being really brave and hiding behind your keyboards whilst rubbishing him...

the pics were a chuckle and i'm sure he would not be offended :o

to all on here that reside in Pattaya and have a problem with Howard and the FPV....

how's about you go and tell him your concerns instead of being really brave and hiding behind your keyboards whilst rubbishing him...

Have to agree there.

:D

It's strange how it looks. Foreigners who may not get a tick in their own countries police service, acting in a limited capacity for.....for the good of tourists in Thailand! Is that it? Or is there more?

Pattaya City Council could have a booth set-up down WS and do the same...could they not?

Someone who speaks English and can act in a helpful and courteous manner is all that's needed. And the regular police could be called if necessary.

But hey, what do I know!

Have to agree there.

:D

Rather than bravely hide behind a uniform with badges for "parachuting and pistol shooting"?????

:D:D:D:wai:

Iv'e just been reading the reports in the Pattaya news about the assault on the katoeys. It appears its the same guy in that incident as in the one here. In this one he is out of uniform and calls himself " tourist police " and gets involved when he shouldn't as far as I can see. In the other he again is out of uniform but gets involved in another incident which in my opinion he should have left. Also why is this guy walking about with pepper spray in his pocket ? I also noticed that he stopped off at his place to change into his uniform before he got to the station and the pictures. Nice !!!!

I know taking video of WS is not illegal but I would imagine walking about with pepper spray is?? I presume they all speak fluent Thai and that is about all they should be doing is to translate for tourists in trouble ?? :o

Good evening everyone.....

Sorry to butt in, but I don't suposse anyone would like to hear what really happened before you all jump to your usual conclusions. If you do, just say the word and I will reveal a bit more about this fascinating story.

Howard

1. On what authority was I being questioned by you and your assistant?

2. Is there a law in Thailand against taking video in Walking Street?

3. Is there a law against taking video of a group of foreigners in uniform?

4. If there is why didn't you ask one of your Thai police superiors to speak to me?

5. Mr. Harrison was out of uniform and presumably off-duty so in what capacity was he assisting you in your interrogation?

Still no answer to the original questions. The katoey thing and now this shows Mr Harrison is turning out to be a problem child for the FTPA, maybe he should resign. Or should Howard?

I have a special request for the tourist police.

Get involved in demanding that the Pattaya taxi meters USE their meters.

Not interested in helping tourists get a fair service? Then why do you exist.

My impression is the TP are ALWAYS on the side of the business owners, Thai or not.

Edited by Jingthing

Yes im dying to know why the Vigilante Mr Harrison is hanging around on Beach Rd. looking for trouble so he can spray someone with pepper spray.

In England he would go to prison for firing this dangerous weapon into someones eyes.

And lets be honest the girl who advised the guy that the katoeys werent real women was in the wrong in the rules of the hooker for trying to cost them a client, <deleted> anyone with half a brain knows just to let these people argue it out amongst themselves.

Edited by sanmiguel

Yes im dying to know why the Vigilante Mr Harrison is hanging around on Beach Rd. looking for trouble so he can spray someone with pepper spray.

In England he would go to prison for firing this dangerous weapon into someones eyes.

And lets be honest the girl who advised the guy that the katoeys werent real women was in the wrong in the rules of the hooker for trying to cost them a client, <deleted> anyone with half a brain knows just to let these people argue it out amongst themselves.

do you really think that he just walked up and sprayed the katoey? you need to take a long hard look at yourself if you do :o

however if you are on the wind up and looking for a bite then why not come across as a bit more educated :D

the pics were a chuckle and i'm sure he would not be offended :D

Have to agree there.

:wai:

Rather than bravely hide behind a uniform with badges for "parachuting and pistol shooting"?????

:D:P:D :jerk:

yes they are really hiding aren't they :o you know as well as everyone else that thai officials like the badges so would encourage/expect to see them on the volunteers....

still I bet you won't say anything to their faces in person about what they do :D

do you really think that he just walked up and sprayed the katoey? you need to take a long hard look at yourself if you do :o

however if you are on the wind up and looking for a bite then why not come across as a bit more educated :D

No i think he saw an argument that was none of his business and he jumped in using a dangerous weapon that is illegal to carry.

Now if you were a lot more educated and had learned to read properly you'd see thats what i had written.

Sorry to butt in, but I don't suposse anyone would like to hear what really happened before you all jump to your usual conclusions. If you do, just say the word and I will reveal a bit more about this fascinating story.

Howard

4. If there is why didn't you ask one of your Thai police superiors to speak to me?

5. Mr. Harrison was out of uniform and presumably off-duty so in what capacity was he assisting you in your interrogation?

Still no answer to the original questions. The katoey thing and now this shows Mr Harrison is turning out to be a problem child for the FTPA, maybe he should resign. Or should Howard?

in the bit you forgot to quote Howard said he will reply once only and not have anything more to do with this thread :o

why don't you start up a pattaya mensa club mate? :D

No i think he saw an argument that was none of his business and he jumped in using a dangerous weapon that is illegal to carry.

Now if you were a lot more educated and had learned to read properly you'd see thats what i had written.

YOU THINK....You don't know for sure do you :D

exactly the same as everyone else on this thread who has their opinions...which are like ar*eholes :D

Edited by norrona

Norrona - Are you Mr Harrison.

As the situation is still being investigated, i dont know for sure but will be dying to find out once the investigation has been completed.

But the facts are Mr Harrisson is alleged to have interfered in an argument, at which point a Ladyboy had its hair pulled and they were sprayed with pepper spray.

Edited by sanmiguel

But you have seen many comments on here that are totally ignored by Mr Howard so what would be the point, there must be a higher authority to make the complaint to.

Also why are the girls on Beach Rd. so afraid of the Tourist Police as when they walk down there mobhanded the girls all runaway, what have they to fear if they have no power of arrest.

Edited by sanmiguel

Norrona - Are you Mr Harrison.

As the situation is still being investigated, i dont know for sure but will be dying to find out once the investigation has been completed.

But the facts are Mr Harrisson is alleged to have interfered in an argument, at which point a Ladyboy had its hair pulled and they were sprayed with pepper spray.

No I am not Harrison, sorry to dissapoint....

on the subject of wayward katoeys on the promenade, have you spent any time with them?

let's face it the ones down there are all on the rob aren't they :o

would you trust your wallet with them???

Also why are the girls on Beach Rd. so afraid of the Tourist Police as when they walk down there mobhanded the girls all runaway, what have they to fear if they have no power of arrest.

so do the flower sellers, lizard and snake people, and so on......

what is your point exactly???

Howard

in the bit you forgot to quote Howard said he will reply once only and not have anything more to do with this thread :o

May very well do that. Wonder how many of the Blackshirts will qualify for membership? Howard's silence does him no favours, although he is a probably a pretty decent guy who is being dragged into the mire. Mr Harrison got involved with Katoeys, but had changed into Officer Harrison by the time they visited the cop shop. That doesn't sound odd to you?

btw, I

Howard

May very well do that. Wonder how many of the Blackshirts will qualify for membership? Howard's silence does him no favours, although he is a probably a pretty decent guy who is being dragged into the mire. Mr Harrison got involved with Katoeys, but had changed into Officer Harrison by the time they visited the cop shop. That doesn't sound odd to you?

btw, I have never seen so may posts on one page as you have made today, Howard should be glad of your

Iv'e just been reading the reports in the Pattaya news about the assault on the katoeys. It appears its the same guy in that incident as in the one here. In this one he is out of uniform and calls himself " tourist police " and gets involved when he shouldn't as far as I can see. In the other he again is out of uniform but gets involved in another incident which in my opinion he should have left. Also why is this guy walking about with pepper spray in his pocket ? I also noticed that he stopped off at his place to change into his uniform before he got to the station and the pictures. Nice !!!!

I know taking video of WS is not illegal but I would imagine walking about with pepper spray is?? I presume they all speak fluent Thai and that is about all they should be doing is to translate for tourists in trouble ?? :o

Call it power hungry.

Long time ago I was also a policeman same them.But I grew over it at the age of 10.

I’ve often wondered why pattaya bothers to have these Farang volunteer police assistants. It’s very rare to read reports of them actually helping someone in need.

Not so long back I was traveling with a party of out of town senior public servants (not police) onroute through pattaya for a conference. Some of these were provincial heads of department.

At a road block that appeared to be checking cars and motorbikes a farang was seen dressed in black paramilitary gear trying to look all official.

At the sight of him the bus erupted in laughter and that man became the subject of conversation and ridicule for the rest of the journey.

On the other hand whilst traveling with a similar party in Huahin the down to earth Thai volunteer police riding horses along the beach got nothing but praise.

As a tourist I had never heard of the Farang volunteer police assistants. But when in Pattaya I saw them, I was confused by the paramilitary uniforms with an abundance of medals and badges and aggressive attitudes. At first I thought they were a group of louts playing dress up, looking for a fight. When I found out who they were, I was more embarrassed than amused. I would have thought that any organisation set up to meet the needs of a target group, would dress and act in accordance with that goal. Seem to me the only needs this group addresses is their own need for attention.

As a tourist I had never heard of the Farang volunteer police assistants. But when in Pattaya I saw them, I was confused by the paramilitary uniforms with an abundance of medals and badges and aggressive attitudes. At first I thought they were a group of louts playing dress up, looking for a fight. When I found out who they were, I was more embarrassed than amused. I would have thought that any organisation set up to meet the needs of a target group, would dress and act in accordance with that goal. Seem to me the only needs this group addresses is their own need for attention.

being from Oz mate if the only thing that embarassed you was them volunteers then i'd say you are made of pretty stern stuff :D

seriously with all the freaks Pattaya has living and holidaying there was you really that bothered by how some volunteers dressed...

the mind boggles :o

please elaborate as to how they were acting???

Edited by norrona

says it all, mate, says it all

btw, I have never seen so may posts on one page as you have made today, Howard should be glad of your

by my what???

I don't know any tourist police volunteer nor do I have the need to want to, when I am in Pattaya I just do my own thing and mind my own business...

I own a camcorder and have video on my phone but I don't go looking for reactions out of people by filming them covertly or not :D

I am a sporadic poster to this site and have been a member for a long time....check my posts if you like :o