Harrassed By Ftpa In Walking Street

allexx

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<snip>

Their new found fame as a WS Hero is the perfect release for them to flex their muscle without getting a back hander from the Mrs, at the same time knowing they have "'protection"' from the Thai Police in walking street incase their heroics backfire on them and they bite off a little more than they can chew.

EPG.

Edited by soundman
Removed speculative and antagonistic comment.

I VERY POLITELY approached the man accompanied by Mr. Harrison who was not on duty and had come down to see me. He was not in uniform and was not wearing his ID badge.

I wonder if this is the same Mr Harrison that 'allegedly' pepper sprayed some lady-boys on Beach Road, again out of uniform?

Is carrying pepper spray by non-police legal?

<snip>

Their new found fame as a WS Hero is the perfect release for them to flex their muscle without getting a back hander from the Mrs, at the same time knowing they have "'protection"' from the Thai Police in walking street incase their heroics backfire on them and they bite off a little more than they can chew.

EPG.

Exactly!

The whole psychology of their 'role' is questionable. What normal clear thinking person, with self esteem, would stoop so low as to dressing in black commando gear, and stroll up and down Walking Street six abreast with his buddies, whilst on the way, having sagely chats with bar girls, flashing their utility belts and badges (for parachuting?) and pistol loading?

It beggars belief. Watching the You-Tube clip was painful. It was embarrassing that fellow British citizens want to do this. As I said before, the volunteer farang ambulance men are doing a very worthwhile job, and if there are any genuine farang translators/linguists working as police volunteers, all well and good.

I don't think that I am alone in suggesting that the vast majority of these volunteers only speak a few words of Thai, can read or write no Thai and indeed struggle putting pen to paper or creating a reasoned written response. The paragraph of nonsense proffered by 'you-know-who' earlier was, quite frankly, pathetic.

<snip>

That people, and the youtube video give me the creeps and if the Royal Thai Police or the Tourist Police are cleaver they should dissolve this dangerous bunch of guys.

Edited by soundman
Removed comments on moderation.

<snip>

That people, and the youtube video give me the creeps and if the Royal Thai Police or the Tourist Police are cleaver they should dissolve this dangerous bunch of guys.

preferably with a meat cleaver?

I have let this topic run for two days, because, IMO there were some issues that the FTPA should be answerable to, despite the dubious nature of the OP.

However,

There have been numerous posts & replies removed from public view due to un-necessary personal attacks, un-founded allegations, libelous remarks, general nastiness that has nothing to do with the issues at hand, offensive pictures, reported posts and replies & ignorant remarks.

I am closing this topic now, Howard Miller - if you would like to reply to some of the criticisms and/or questions posed by Thai Visa members, please PM me or another online moderator and we will update the topic.

For those who have chosen to blindly attack the FTPA organisation/personell, I do believe HM has previously extended an invitation to any and all in the vicinty of Walking Street to stop past the mobile booth, where he is more than happy to explain what exactly (and why) they do.

Closed.