Leading Swiss TV Reporter Arrested In Thailand

Maestro

The website for this "charity" is quite vague about what they do, besides their restaurant and ostrich farm.

it does raise a number of questions.

But - so far, they're only questions. This organisation appears to have shown that it's ready to start legal action - I suggest that people are careful about the wording of any comments before dependable facts are established.

Maybe if you are doing a long term dodge,

and you are connected with protection a bit,

suing to silence, before being outed,

is a valid approach?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The website for this "charity" is quite vague about what they do, besides their restaurant and ostrich farm.

it does raise a number of questions.

But - so far, they're only questions. This organisation appears to have shown that it's ready to start legal action - I suggest that people are careful about the wording of any comments before dependable facts are established.

Firstly, be very careful even posting dependable facts, this is Thailand and I would not dare to post the whole truth here.

All I can say is that one of the Directors of the Charity was in my Rotary Club. The Rotary club together with Rotary International donated a considerable sum of money to the Charity but we were not able to get satisfactory accounts from the Charity showing how the money was spent, therefore we declined to donate the second tranch of money to the Charity. You will note that on their website, the annual accounts are still showing as "coming soon".

We have seen the Orphanage and the children, they do exist.

Based on my own knowledge of the events, the Reporter should be released immediately and he should be paid compensation.

Estrada

Imagine what would happen if Switzerland would apply its law about abandoning wife and children to Thai nationals traveling to Switzerland; just about every Thai tourist might end up in a Swiss prison. (Although a Swiss prison is probably much more luxurious than most Thai homes :o

This is the good joke of the week! But Thais have already a hard time abroad as their reputation is in free fall. The world does not need Thailand, but Thailand may need the world one day........

Just hoping that this case is given high profile in Switzerland and will help to further "enhance" the attractiveness and reputation of Thailand.

Edited by eagleflyinghigh

There was an article about the arrest of Christoph Mueller in the Guardian in the UK two days ago. No new information in it:

Swiss TV reporter held in Thailand

Christoph Müller, a Swiss TV reporter and producer with the German-language station SF, was arrested on arrival in Thailand seven days ago. He was freed on bail 24 hours later but police confiscated his passport and he is not allowed to leave the country until further notice. Though he has not been been charged, it is thought to relate to a 2002 report by Müller about a bogus Swiss doctor based in Thailand who was raising funds for a suspect charity. (Via IFEX)

Source: www.guardian.co.uk/media/greenslade/2009/mar/06/thailand-switzerland

--

Maestro

Bangkok Post 8 March

Journalist charged over 2002 report...

I see the local English-language press caught up with the story. The Nation may not want to touch it after they got they got in trouble over a critical article on C-Care Asia International in April 2001.

--

Maestro

From an article yesterday in the online German-language newspaper Blick in Switzerland:

– Christoph Mueller is not allowed to leave Thailand for the time being. A court will decide only on Thursday about his future.

– Spokesperson David Affentranger of the Swiss television company spoke on Saturday morning with Mueller on the telephone. Mueller has in the meantime been allowed to see a part of the case file and was informed verbally about the charges against him. According to file, the complaint is about his report about a Swiss living in Thailand.

According to an earlier article in the same newspaper, the Swiss in question is Roland Moesch.

--

Maestro

Let us hope sense prevails and his passport is returned on Thursday. Having spent one night on a concrete floor of a police cell is one night too many as the price of simply doing his job.

From an article yesterday in the online German-language newspaper Blick in Switzerland:

– Christoph Mueller is not allowed to leave Thailand for the time being. A court will decide only on Thursday about his future.

– Spokesperson David Affentranger of the Swiss television company spoke on Saturday morning with Mueller on the telephone. Mueller has in the meantime been allowed to see a part of the case file and was informed verbally about the charges against him. According to file, the complaint is about his report about a Swiss living in Thailand.

According to an earlier article in the same newspaper, the Swiss in question is Roland Moesch.

--

Maestro

The big question here is why one Swiss is suing another Swiss for a TV programme aired uniquely in Switzerland in the Thai courts.......

...The authorities have not told Müller exactly why he was arrested but it appears to have the result of a 2006 complaint about a report by Müller in 2002 about a bogus Swiss doctor based in Thailand who was raising funds for a suspect charity...

A report in Swiss newspapers, in German language, based on a telephone interview with Mueller, has the following highlights:

-- Arrested at Bangkok airport on Friday, 27 February, at 3 pm. Previously never heard about the arrest warrant.

-- Spent a night in a cell, then brought to court, granted bail, passport confiscated.

-- The person Mr. Mueller suspects of having instigated the report to police is Roland Moesch, "sometimes former beer brewer, sometimes former CIA agent, but always with a dubious doctor title"

-- The Thai charity, for which Moesch solicits donations, is "C-Care Asia International"

-- When Mueller did his research for the TV documentary "The very talented Dr. Roland", aired on Swiss television in 2002, and asked to see the Aids orphanage or the chicken farm with thousands of chickens, with which the foundation advertised, Moesch could show him nothing, saying on camera that the Russian Mafia had killed all chickens with Molotov cocktails.

-- The C-Care foundation still exists and many Swiss are making donations to it.

-- Still no date for a court hearing.

This appears to be the website of C-Care Asia International, mentioning a Roland as member of the foundation's team:

http://www.ccareasia.or.th/

--

Maestro

This reply was given to me by a Thai reporter and asked me to post it here..

The Case of C-Care Asia International Foundation as presented by Mr. Christopher Mueller of Switzerland

It seems, that the journalistically ethic has vanished for good after reading once again the same old story as presented in 2002.

I was quiet interested at that time to follow a Case made by a former General Consul against C-Care Asia International Foundation and one of its Employees.

I am certain, that the Public is not aware of the real story behind the story.

My investigations have shown the following facts;

After an incident of which I don’t have all the facts, the former General Consul of the Swiss Embassy started a vendetta against the C-Care Asia International Foundation and one of its Employees in using the Press. At the beginning it was an Article which made me interested in the entire Case published by the Nation a well established Thai News Paper. The entire Story then was taken over and translated into German Language by the Farang, followed by the Swiss based Sonntags Zeitung and finally put on Film by the now arrested Christopher Mueller.

From the first presentation up to date it has been the same Group involved in this incredible presented fairytale with only one agenda to destroy a Thai Organization and one Foreign Employee. Now what’s the public missing in the whole presentation well they miss the following facts;

The Foundation went to Court and did win all the Cases. The former General Consul used unethical Journalists to go public against one of his created Enemies. The outcome was quiet interesting, the General Consul lost his Job, the Thai based Journalists the Case, however they could give up. At that time the well known Swiss Journalist Mr. Christopher Mueller came along to finish the job against C-Care Asia International Foundation that was a reason for me to investigate the Case on a different level. I contacted once again the Vice Chairman of the Foundation to get a full account of Mr. Chr. Mueller’s activities, now the Question to all of you out there are the following; how is it possible, that the sequences made in a Thai Hospital, the most famous Aids Temple, and the Rotary Club of Bangkok etc. have never appeared on Mr. Chr. Mueller’s presentation. The answer is quiet simple after all this years of investigations and studies of the Court Documents concerning this Case I found that Mr. Chr. Mueller had one Agenda that was to destroy C-Care Asia International Foundation and one of its Employees. Here we see again the impact of false Reporting; the Public I do believe as a Journalist myself should have the opportunity to see both sides of the Story. The Swiss News Papers even did not get the Date of the against Chr. Mueller’s arrest Warrant correct, which was the 27th Dec. 2007 and not 2006 and on top it was not the Employee which made a Case against Mr. Mueller it was the Thai based Foundation, does the Public not get the right to know the real facts? After investigationg the Foundations financial status I as well discovered, that the Foundation only received two Donations out of Switzerland, one from the Lions Club and one from a private Individual. All the Accounts have been shown to me, and the Rotary Club of Bangkok told me, that they did show all the financial Documents to Mr. Chr. Mueller as well during his visit to that Venue year ago, but that Mr. Mueller was not interested at all and not even filmed their Meetings as promised by the later. Who ever is interested in the real facts should contact the Foundation and ask for the Court Documents of the previous Cases, if these finding would be publish the world would be looking at a different picture and not at 1000 burning Chicken running around in flames. T. Raktham

This reply was given to me by a Thai reporter and asked me to post it here..

The Case of C-Care Asia International Foundation as presented by Mr. Christopher Mueller of Switzerland...

This gives an interesting new twist to the arrest of Christoph Mueller. As Neverdie said early on in this topic: “There has to be more to this story”. With a former Swiss consul in Bangkok being added to the cast, it takes on an additional dimension. Let's see if I can find anything on that ex-consul.

--

Maestro

I found an article dated 6 May 2001 in French language, apparently based on the article the previous week in The Nation, but it does not give the name of the Swiss consul at that time. Below a rough translation of some sentences from the article, including those that mention the Swiss embassy or consulate.

– Created by a Swiss, Roland Moesch, the foundation “C Care Asia International” claims in its brochures to cater to the needs of about a hundred children suffering from Aids. But the Thai press is asking questions about the reality of this humanitarian enterprise.

– The Thai press has named Roland Moesch, a 48-year-old Swiss, living in the ancient kingdom of Siam. The Swiss diplomats have immediately been contacted: “We have already in the past received complaints about this man. We have for weeks tried to find him, without success...”, explains the Swiss embassy in Bangkok.

– Since the publication of the article in The Nation, the staff of the organisation no longer answers the telephone. The president of the association “C Care Asia”, an eminent Thai doctor, is keeping his distance. “All this resembles strongly a humanitarian mirage”, says a Swiss diplomat. “With a little gift of the gab, it is very easy to play Father Christmas here.”

– The Swiss embassy has been asked for help by the Thai police because a complaint has been filed against Mr. Moesch. “The problem is first of all to find him and to find out what the case is against him. From the Swiss side, the man is clean”, confirms the chancellery in Bangkok. The consulate, in charge of the case, has ordered one of its attachés to give high priority to this embarrassing affair.

--

Maestro

All the Accounts have been shown to me, and the Rotary Club of Bangkok told me, that they did show all the financial Documents to Mr. Chr. Mueller as well during his visit to that Venue year ago, but that Mr. Mueller was not interested at all and not even filmed their Meetings as promised by the later. Who ever is interested in the real facts should contact the Foundation and ask for the Court Documents of the previous Cases, if these finding would be publish the world would be looking at a different picture and not at 1000 burning Chicken running around in flames. T. Raktham

I can categorically state that Mr. Mueller never visted our Rotary Club in Bangkok, nor did we show any of the accounts to him. Our problem was obtaining accounts from the Charity showing how the money was spent as Rotary has strict rules on transparency. Kurt, who wrote the Article in Der Farang, also worked for C. Care but was not in our Rotary Club, although he attended a number of meetings. Dr. Roland left Thailand and went to work in South Africa and Kurt went to work with him there, according to Kurt the venture was not succesful for him and he came back to Thailand to write for Der Farang. Kurt had previously been paid by the foundation to write a book on AIDs by the foundation. The book was supposed to have raised money for the foundation. As I recall Dr. Roland took the book and published it when he was in South Africa. I would be interested to see where the donations such as ours to produce this book are shown in the accounts and where in the accounts are shown the income from the sales of the AIDs book. Our information from Kurt is that the money did not reached the Charity but that Dr. Roland published it when he was in South Africa.

The case against the Reporter should be dropped.

Estrada

I can categorically state that Mr. Mueller never visted our Rotary Club in Bangkok, nor did we show any of the accounts to him. Our problem was obtaining accounts from the Charity showing how the money was spent as Rotary has strict rules on transparency...

Thank you, Estrada, for this inside information.

--

Maestro

upi_logo.png

Swiss TV produced baffled by Thai arrest

BANGKOK, March 8 (UPI) -- A Swiss television documentary producer says his arrest in Thailand on defamation charges stemming from a 2002 program is "bizarre."

Christoph Muller, 58, a producer for the German-language SF (Swiss National) television network, told Sunday's Bangkok Post that he's baffled by his Feb. 27 arrest at Suvarnabhumi Airport for his part in a program about an AIDS charity.

"The documentary was released on the 6th of December 2002 and you get sued four or five years later? It's bizarre," said Muller, who was due to report back to authorities this week. Muller has been out on bail since his arrest, but may be forced to spend up to one year in Thailand while the case is processed, the newspaper said.

Officials said the charge carries a maximum jail term of two years and a fine of $5,500.

The documentary, which was never shown outside Switzerland, investigated a Swiss man associated with the charity C. Care Asia International. A defamation complaint by the charity was filed with Chon Buri, Thailand, police in 2005, the Post said.

© 2009 United Press International, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Source: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2009/03/08/Swi...41761236522271/

The posting above that includes the account by a supposed Thai journalist strikes me as disingenuous...

I worked as a professional newspaper reporter in the U.S. for more than 15 years, including a long stint at the Los Angeles Times.

While it's certainly the case that the details and accounts involved in news stories sometimes can be unclear or conflicting for reporters and the public, as a journalist, I never would have written or asked to be published any kind of diatribe like the one posted above.

I have no personal knowledge or involvement in the underlying story here. But if the supposed Thai journalist is really such, then he or she ought to be covering the story for his/her publication, and let the publication's news coverage speak for itself.

So that’s how it happened with Christoph Mueller, according to the article in Bangkok Post:

– arrested at Suvarnabhumi airport

– brought to Bang Lamung police station in Chonburi

– granted bail by a court in Pattaya

Chonburi, because that’s where the defamation complaint was filed in August 2005.

Source: www.asiamedia.ucla.edu/article-southeastasia.asp?parentid=105784

--

Maestro

it's a copy and paste job. content, text and images taken from somewhere else in the internet.

the pic of the bunch of kids in the header image1 is taken from a thai-blog article by Stephen Cleary (a forum mermber, right?) "Give The Kids A Break!"2

on the c.care website:

> our work > project healthcare3

is copy&paste from the website of the St. Anthony Free Medical Clinic4 in San Fransisco. just the names of the organisations are exchanged.

the image of the nurses is an AFP/ Getty Image borrowed from here 5

everything on c.care website, what is written under

> our work > project Animal Therapy6,

the cool stories about dog therapy, horse riding and even Dolphin Assisted Therapy, that looks like just copy&pasta from this website equine-therapy-programs.com7 (this website isn't so 'original' either, generic informations, maybe just created to have a good google page rank and sale that domain or links on it. whatever, it looks like c.care copied from them)

> our work > Child Protection

the text "Child Abuse (Signs of child Abuse)" is taken from another online magazine child-abuse.suite101.com/article.cfm/why_did_you_hurt_me8

just the telephone number on the end of the article is changed to the number of a thai police department

the photo is taken from an older bbc report9

the only "authentic" seems to be that ostrich farms and the restaurant.

> our work > farm&restaurant project: http://www.ccareasia.or.th/project_farm.html

but what have a big bird farm and a restaurant that served steaks from this birds to do with Animal Assisted Therapy and child care?

the name of the restaurant and or the owner you can put into google. they seems to be real.

google bring us to TVmember of the same name.

a restaurant with the same name is also listed on a information-portal for the gay&lesbian community. there it is recommended as popular spot : Gay-owned Fasirung is a restaurant and pub serving Thai and western dishes in an exotic tropical garden setting located on the main road between the cities of Pitsanuloke and Sukhothai. Open daily from 11am onwards till the last custumer, the later the gayer. Every October 31st they hold a Miss Fasirung gatuey (transgender) contest, a popular event for the area's gays (i don't give the link/url. that's maybe against the TVforum rules. try google.)

i found also a photobucket account of the same name http://s711.photobucket.com/albums/ww118/fasirung/ showing pictures of a restaurant

if i skip to the photos there i am pretty sure that is the same restaurant mentioned on the c.care asia foundation.

i found also pics that are from the same session like the pics in the c.care gallery.

like this one and this. but there it is just called "Children day at Fasirung". looks just like one day of free icecream for the kids. the c.care foundation is not mentioned.

the are other pictures that show the restaurant owners social activities. according to that he is a well respected member of the community, there in Sukhothai. meetings with the govenor, donations to the city hall. awards for the cleanest rest rooms in the province and awards for the healthy food there, children day... and so on. but no word about c.care asia foundation. that doesn't have to mean anything bad, but it is odd.

is that restaurant and the farm really related to "c.care asia foundation" or not? maybe they just take the photos from the internet and put it on the c.care website???

the website http://www.ccareasia.or.th doesn't make the foundation look like a charity organisation i would trust. look like a phantom company. but maybe those philanthropists are busy with work in the villages and have no clue about the internet and asked somebody else to make a website for them. and this person makes some big mistakes.

1. http://www.ccareasia.or.th/images/header.jpg

2. http://www.thai-blogs.com/index.php/2007/0...title_41?blog=8

3. http://www.ccareasia.or.th/project_health.html

4. http://www.stanthonysf.com/services/services-clinic.html

5. http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.p...toryId=16296677

6. http://www.ccareasia.or.th/project_animal.html

7. http://www.equine-therapy-programs.com/spe...s-children.html

8. http://child-abuse.suite101.com/article.cf...did_you_hurt_me

9. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/153849.stm

Surely thats what happens when you pat someone else to make your website for you... so much for web-builders.....

Certain aspects of this story seem very suspicious: an uneducated farang working for a charity in Thailand and pretending to be a doctor; the on camera joke about the chickens grilled by Russian mafia to explain away the missing project; the half hearted retractions by The Nation and Der Farang probably under intimidation from influential persons; the website largely cut and pasted from elsewhere; the bizarre post quoting a rant from some one who claims to be a Thai journalist with "facts" that sound implausible, some of which are immediately refuted in a plausible sounding post here etc etc.

While many are no doubt above board there must also be a lot of skimming and downright scamming that goes on in charities working in Thailand and neighbouring countries. Raising money from abroad means that the charity is not under any one jurisdiction and must make it very difficult for any one to create an audit trail. I have met farangs in Cambodia who seem to be doing better than many successful businessmen running charities and with good access to the Hun Sen clique who don't help foreigners for pennies.

As an aside I note that the charity in question lists on its website a patron with the same last name as the Swiss "doctor" who looks like a 17 year old girl in her Facebook entry - possibly a coincidence.

Edited by Arkady

:o The C.Care Asia Foundation has been serving the poor and afflicted of thailand for many years providing...school lunches, books field trips and computers to schools and children. In Bangkok they have provided medicine and aids care to children with the dreaded disease as well as those suffering this horrible affliction. The nonstop attacks from people with an aganda that dates back to when a Swiss pedophile was arrested and sought help from friends in high places has never ceased. Funny how shortly after the passing of sentence on the pedophile Mr Muller shows up in thailand...no doubt to do more damage to the foundation as is on these ridiculous posts.....yes, the pedophile was convicted and sentenced....where is mullers article about that??? The foundation has the receipts for all they have done and the evidence and hopefully those with lies, hearsay and contempt for justice will be made to suffer for what they have done. C.Care cooincidently has gone to court on several occasions and has won every time.....do not look to C.Care, rather look to a small group of conspirators that bend the truth to harm a foundation in service to the Thai people. The non-stop attacks have disrupted the foundation and hurt its ability to fund raise and continue its good work for the Thai nation. Let them spend some time in a Thai jail as reward for their lies and all the damage they have done to C.Care its employees and Thailand....Justice can sometimes be blind.....this is one of those cases where the press has overstepped its mandate and distorted the facts to help criminals and pedophiles. The truth is C.Care is a valuable tool in the hands of the Thai nation in service to the Thai people and those that seek to harm it should fail.....

Sorry, but I don't buy the foundations excuse for suing a reporter. I've worked for NGO's before and been thorougly and biasedly trashed in the media--actually just very slanted presentation. We were interviewed for the news about it and went through the 'other side' of the story. Didn't try to defend the things we weren't doing (because we didn't have the money to do it). Donations went through the roof after that.

Suing people rather than stating your case is suspicious.

:o The C.Care Asia Foundation has been serving the poor and afflicted of thailand for many years providing...school lunches, books field trips and computers to schools and children. In Bangkok they have provided medicine and aids care to children with the dreaded disease as well as those suffering this horrible affliction. The nonstop attacks from people with an aganda that dates back to when a Swiss pedophile was arrested and sought help from friends in high places has never ceased. Funny how shortly after the passing of sentence on the pedophile Mr Muller shows up in thailand...no doubt to do more damage to the foundation as is on these ridiculous posts.....yes, the pedophile was convicted and sentenced....where is mullers article about that??? The foundation has the receipts for all they have done and the evidence and hopefully those with lies, hearsay and contempt for justice will be made to suffer for what they have done. C.Care cooincidently has gone to court on several occasions and has won every time.....do not look to C.Care, rather look to a small group of conspirators that bend the truth to harm a foundation in service to the Thai people. The non-stop attacks have disrupted the foundation and hurt its ability to fund raise and continue its good work for the Thai nation. Let them spend some time in a Thai jail as reward for their lies and all the damage they have done to C.Care its employees and Thailand....Justice can sometimes be blind.....this is one of those cases where the press has overstepped its mandate and distorted the facts to help criminals and pedophiles. The truth is C.Care is a valuable tool in the hands of the Thai nation in service to the Thai people and those that seek to harm it should fail.....

With a post like this defending the charity, who needs to post anything attacking them? ROFL.

With a post like this defending the charity, who needs to post anything attacking them? ROFL.

:D I am the one to whom "Estrada" refers in his post. I was a Member on the Board of Directors of C. Care Asia International Foundation and served as Secretary and later as Treasurer until I left Thailand in 2002 when my Thai husband, who had become unstable from AIDS, threatened my life. I was also an officer of the same Rotary Club of which Estrada was (and still may be) a member. Roland Moesch and I were the main fund raisers and have been raising money for school fees, school lunch, clothing, medical care, medicine, daily living expenses and more, including materials in Thai and English for health/AIDS education for more than 10 years. Every bit of the money was spent for what is was intended for. Much more than we raised, however, we spent from our own funds. Although it has not been stated outright, it has been implied that the Foundation used donations for our legal fight. I can assure you that is not the case even though that is not illegal. Donations from everywhere except the people who are our closest friends and know our story dried up due to the continuing attacks using lies, gossip and innuendo to destroy the reputation of the Foundation and certain people working for the Foundation. Estrada, I still have a copy of the email you sent me in 2001 or 2002 advising me to take legal action to clear the reputation of the Foundation and its members when I told you and other members about what was happening to us. When the defamation started, we ignored it for a while, but gossip and innuendo take on a life of its own, eventually, especially when it is helped along by a diplomat and members of the foreign community with press connections. It is a matter of Court record of the attempts by these people to destroy us, even to the extent of sending people to make false statements to the Police in which Criminal charges were filed against us. We won those cases in Court and proved the allegations false. When these attempts were not successful, these people started using the Press. first in Thailand, and then in Switzerland. As can be seen from the posts, people assume the worst and we are found guilty in the Court of public opinion. Goodbye donations, but the children are still our responsibility.

I would like to clarify several issues: 1- The Swiss TV documentary was also shown in Thailand, not just Switzerland. Christoph Mueller claimed when he met with some of our members that he wanted to promote our work. However, the positive footage and interviews were edited out when the TV "documentary" was aired. He had an agenda and it was to destroy Roland Moesch and the Foundation, not promote our work.

2- We have a sworn statement from an officer of the same Rotary Club as Estrada refers to that there WAS a meeting with Christoph Mueller and that Mueller WAS shown receipts, proof, etc from C. Care Asia International Foundation about the project the Club supported, but that due to the allegations and some of the European members' wishes, support was withdrawn.

3- Regarding the misinformation that Estrada gave that Roland Moesch left Thailand to work in South Africa as told to him by Kurt -- Roland Moesch and a group including the Thai chairman of the Foundation, several Swiss supporters, several Thai AIDS workers, and Kurt attended the 2000 World AIDS Conference in South Africa. A little info about Kurt S who gave him this info, this Austrian that we hired, together with a German organization, to put together our old Website (NOT the present one which we are working on as we have money to do so) and an AIDS educational magazine. Kurt cashed in a ticket I purchased ( and paid for with personal funds) for him to travel to HongKong on Foundation business and bought a ticket for himself and his girlfriend to South Africa (promising the travel agent that the Foundation would pay the rest) and used a Foundation letterhead where he faked the signature of the Chairman to get the South African visa for his girlfriend. I know this as I was the one who made the complaint to the South African authorities in Bangkok. Once in South Africa, he cheated the German organization which was still backing him financially and they eventually took legal action against him. The German organization eventually took down the website we had all worked so hard for until we are able to clear our name. Kurt hotfooted it back to Thailand when it got too hot for him in South Africa, I guess, and I don't know what happened to the Thai girlfriend.

4- Charities are closely watched by the Thai authorities. Sure there are lots of crooks doing their own thing, but C. Care Asia International Foundation is a legally established Thai Foundation. Roland Moesch is the medical coordinator and he has a work permit to perform the work he does for the Foundation. We are trying very hard to make a difference in the lives of people who have no other source of help.

Today is Thursday 12 March. There was due to be a court hearing. Are there any reports or were the press excluded from the proceedings?

He is allowed to leave Thailand for now, but he must return to the court in Pattaya at the beginning of April.

Arrested Swiss reporter can leave Thailand

A Thai court allows Christopher Muller to return to Switzerland until his hearing.

BANGKOK - A Thai court agreed Thursday to allow a Swiss journalist arrested for misrepresentation to leave the country until his next court hearing...

...a court in the Thai resort city of Pattaya ruled that Muller must attend the next hearing in early April, but until then could return to Switzerland. He is not yet formally charged, and the court hearings are required to allow police to continue their investigation.

Continued here: www.expatica.com/ch/news/local_news/Arrested-Swiss-reporter-can-leave-Thailand-_50540.html