Real Helmets

dotcom

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the price they are unbeatable. Perfect for the girlfriend. They have a removable liner like a HJC. Cost around 1000 baht.

Don't know what you are thanking me for - I still don't know where there is a dealer. Not buying off internet either, want a test fit.

If you live near Pattaya, they have a good range of Index and Real helmets in stock, in the Kawasaki Big Bike shop on Sukhumvit road between central and south Pattaya junctions (nearer to South).

Sinewave... of course the Helmet manufacturers make Carbon helmets. My friend has a HJC.

BUT they have developed the helmets in the lab and have not just wrapped carbon around a helmet and epoxied it to the original plastic/fibreglass shell.

As i have asked before 'show us a picture' and 'what brand did you do this to'.

I also love the way that you think that by doing this you have made your helmet stronger.

When in fact you have probably made it weaker by using epoxy on a plastic shell.

But hey what ever rocks your boat.

Edited by thaicbr

'probably'

You obviously do not know the definition which is ' Likely but uncertain; plausible.'

As you STILL have not told us which helmet brand you did, we do not know for sure if the epoxy will have damaged the plastic shell.

But hey guy if your happy with your creation, well thats good.

Most of us realise that the top helmet brands know how to make a good strong helmet so buy accordingly.

Enjoy your helmet.

• 5 months later...
dear All,

Could all of u suggest to me the bikes accessories shop in Haatyai or Songkla...thanks in advance... :)

Hi Ierzan,

There's not alot to choose from around Hat Yai. There's a bigbike shop on the same street as Diana Shopping Mall. Opposite side about 200m south.

They got some jackets, leather and Mesh mostly Alpine Star in bright colors. . Some helmets HJC and Arai etc. Tankpads, some slip ons, gloves etc.

They do have a website with whats in stock, but can't remember the site, and can't be found on Google...

I bought a REAL helmet in Phuket to use as my everyday helmet, have a HJC for longer trips.

On my way home from the shop, I stopped by a friends place for a quick chat. Hung the helmet on the grab bars.

45min later and the helmet was gone...

So now I use my old Index for around town.

It might not be very safe but very practical with built in visors and all.

Wish Real would make one like that. It seemed pretty quiet and comfy, the 20min I got to drive with it...

Cheers,

thanks Rooster for ur prompt reply n so sad to hear ur loss of helmet...hehehe...hopefully will headed to haatyai this coming chinese new year (3rd time)..and will be much carefully with my things...

anyway i'm just new in this forum, not very familiar with haatyai area since i'm staying in Malaysia.....hopefuly we can be friend...

:)

thanks again....

I bought a REAL open face lid last night.

The fit is not too good. :D

I was told that Real have 2 shell sizes and change the lining to change the size / fit. True?

When I inspected the lid a bit closer at home, I noticed a tiny "M" sticker along with a DOT one on the back of the lid.

Is "M" the largest shell?

I figured to put up with the fit & pain, in the hope that the lining will "give" in a while. Right or wrong?

Ideally, I'd like a size 62. :D

I also bought a cheaper Thai brand for Pax use, on checking later, the buckle won't stay secure, impossible to keep the chin strap locked! Bummer! :D

Your experience with REAL helmets sizing, welcome. :D:)

John i checked the m and the xl that they had they were the same size shell. Also the lady in the shop confirmed it with the sales rep while you were outside having a smoke. as for the other one i will take it back and change it for you.

Edited by thaicbr

John i checked the m and the xl that they had they were the same size shell. Also the lady in the shop confirmed it with the sales rep while you were outside having a smoke. as for the other one i will take it back and change it for you.

Allan,

my bad, I should have checked the pax helmet properly, I forgot where I was. :)

What a pity Real-helmets don't bother with an English version of their website, maybe they aren't interested in farangs as customers!

Does anyone know who is the main vendor of real-helmets in the USA?

Real Helmets had a booth at Burupha Bike Fest last weekend. I spoke to the salesman who told me he had every model & every size at his BKK showroom. Yest I had a drive over there. Ramkhamhaeng 146 (Sukhapiban 3) Past Red Baron, past the 9 ring road next U turn - Soi 146 is a little lane - you'll see the helmets in the window. They have parking & it's right facing the main road. Bought 2 helmets. One of them is a Ozzy - open face with built in sun shade (flips up). And a Stealth in white for the wife (she chose it). Overall very satisfied with the purchase. Paid 4000 for both. The Ozzy does not have a D ring to lock it on my motorcycle. A con.

My girl is extremely happy with her Nolan N102 flip-up helmet, it's not cheap but when it comes to your brain you do not want a plastic budget on your head. For the full story about the Nolan N102 helmet. You can just search by Google or any other search engine for "Nolan N102 Thailand".

A Bit OT,

cause i wear classes i wanted a Flip-up Helmet.

found a Caberg Ryhno for 118 Euro in Ebay Germany plus DHL 45 Euro for Post.

Bought 01.02.2010, Seller received Money 04.02, send same Day. Helmet arrived today, 18.02. with EMS lokal Thai Post, was send with DHL.

I am very happy with this Helmet, feel much saver as with the Lotus or Big C Stuff and fits perfect.

Take care, take messures beforer order, Sizes are different from Thai Sizes.
Was very surprised, had no Custom to pay.

Edited by gougouluxembourg

Well, after 5 hrs 30 mins in a taxi all I came home with was my silver mags and 2 good sets of tyres on Thursday.

Real had no white open face lids but I did try on the "Ossi", it fits like a glove and have ordered one.

By the way, Puff, your accurate location was a big help, if I didn't have that, I would still be looking for a "Showroom" :)

The place is nothing but a storage shed with a few lids in the window!

Toyota, Honda, Kawasaki all have showrooms, Real-Helmets.com Do NOT. :D

Staff (3 girls) very helpful.

--------

Tried Dr-bike for luggage but s/bags either too small or covered in crappy nickel studs that rust in no time at all.

Very over priced for a pair of pvc s/bags.

Good staff, attentive and not pushy. Will go back one day.

Looks like the US is the best source for luggage, yet again. :D

---------

I'm not a fan of top boxes but I did have a squizz at the Chinese version of the Givi topboxes.

They look well made and fairly priced.... no racks are available for the LCE..... unless you buy a Givi?

(Dr-Bike)

----------

I'm looking for Cordura (heavy nylon) or PVC saddlebags (top opening) 8"x 13"x 13" or larger, if you see any in BKK, pls PM me.

cheers.

• 4 months later...

Bump.

Some poster on here asking where to buy real helmets. The best selection is that shop on Sukhapiban 3 out past the 9 ring road. (Now known as Ramkhamhaeng Road)

I checked out Top Gun. Waste of time. They had maybe 2 helmets for you to look at. Joke.

I'll post a google map link to it.