Things To Do On Sunday

tb86

On a serious not there's an awesome big lake out in the burbs somewhere with restaurants over the lake, huge fish swimming below you and great food - straight out of the lake. You can hire a little boat or even a little private shack thing to fish from if you want. Practically all Thais there. It's one of the best days I've ever had in BKK. I can find out the name if you're interested. Let me know. It's a pretty large lake! And it's very romantic too if you want it to be.

I'm very interested in the name and location of this lake. Please post any details you can :o

Play cricket

NOW THERES AN IDEA.....How bout a Thai Visa Cricket Match, I'd be up for that, we could put say an Aussie Team and a Pommie Team together and the Aussies could SLAUGHTER THE POMMES!!!! ..... Ahhh no that would be a bit typical wouldnt it :D boring yet entertaining at the same time :o

This would be something for those of us that have a hard time sleeping at night,,,watching a bunch of 50 year old farangs swing a bat while telling everyone how good they were when they were young.

Stick to bbqing mate :D

Play cricket

NOW THERES AN IDEA.....How bout a Thai Visa Cricket Match, I'd be up for that, we could put say an Aussie Team and a Pommie Team together and the Aussies could SLAUGHTER THE POMMES!!!! ..... Ahhh no that would be a bit typical wouldnt it :D boring yet entertaining at the same time :o

Yeah, yeah, well if you want to organise the game, I'll get the pitch and the equipment.

:D

I have absolutely NO IDEA where we could play, lets face it you need a decent bit of ground to run around on, the last thing we need is half a dozen broken ankles & of course it would have to be central for all those wishing to play. I can't imagine that equipment would be that easy to come by, I have seen a cricket bat or ball since I've been in Thailand.

What have we got, 5 players, Kurnel, Byoung (kiwi?), Ozzie, Mr Toad and myself......thats the leading 5 Aussie Batsman, if we accept Byoung that is :D

Naturally the rest of the world hasnt showed up for fear of being slaughtered. At least bkkjames has volunteered to do the cooking over the BBQ :wai:

Wouldnt be too hard to hit me for a 6, I'm a terrible bowler......but I reakon I might smack a couple of sixes myself OR get killed in the process :D .

Edited by neverdie

On a serious not there's an awesome big lake out in the burbs somewhere with restaurants over the lake, huge fish swimming below you and great food - straight out of the lake. You can hire a little boat or even a little private shack thing to fish from if you want. Practically all Thais there. It's one of the best days I've ever had in BKK. I can find out the name if you're interested. Let me know. It's a pretty large lake! And it's very romantic too if you want it to be.

I'm very interested in the name and location of this lake. Please post any details you can :o

Ok. Name of the lake is bung sam lan. It's in bangkapi. On the web it just seems to talk about fishing but I didn't fish, although I will next time. We just ate and drank and laughed at the fish that spit at you.

Edited by byoung2

I just like to stay home and practice my kite flying.

(10 points for whoever gets the play on thai language joke)

ha ha chuk wao ya , i get 10 points lol

well done , ชักว่าว is correct..... your points are in the mail :o

love jumping into the car, and heading to the Khao Yai area for lunch.

The Granmonte winery is our favourite, followed by the small Italian/French combo which is attached to a vinyard (forget its name).

The Granmonte winery is our favourite, followed by the small Italian/French combo which is attached to a vinyard (forget its name).

Porto D'Oro by chance, on the bypass South of Muak Lek? They have great coffee and ice cream. Can be quite busy with Thai tour tour groups.

Tip: Try a restaurant called Terrano.

Porto D'Oro by chance, on the bypass South of Muak Lek? They have great coffee and ice cream. Can be quite busy with Thai tour tour groups.

Tip: Try a restaurant called Terrano.

That's sounds like the one! Only every been there for a early dinner, watching the sunset. Letting the little ones run around the winery and the front courtyard. Tour groups must have all gone, as only the Thai hi-so's with their country houses turning up.