Question About Best Internet Banking And Some Other Issues

Hello dears

I want to open a Bank account in Thailand with a good Internet Banking

Nearly $20K~$30K will be transfer to this account from USA

i want to be able to transfer these funds to another Bank Account in another country by using Swift code and Account number

i would all these process be done from Internet.

so does such a this service possible in Thailand ? and can i move those amounts out of Thailand from Internet or i should show my Passport and ID each time for transferring money ?

because i am traveling most of time and i might not be in Thailand so i want all the process be done with Internet Banking

Hello dears

i want to be able to transfer these funds to another Bank Account in another country by using Swift code and Account number

so does such a this service possible in Thailand ? and can i move those amounts out of Thailand from Internet or i should show my Passport and ID each time for transferring money ?

because i am traveling most of time and i might not be in Thailand so i want all the process be done with Internet Banking

I think you can do that, probably with Bankok Bank or siam Commercial. More likely with one of the "overseas" banks, like HSBC or Citigroup. You will probably have to pay exchange fees both incoming and outgoing. You might be able to mitigate those fees with a $USD account, but maybe not. Check the policy of the bank.

Hello dears

I would not recommend doing what you describe. 10 days ago I made a transfer from abroad to my account in thailand (SCB) and accidentally pressed one 0 too much when selecting the ammount. The funds arrived 2 days later and when I figured out the mistake I wanted to immediately send the overstanding ammount back which was not possible do be done by the chick who was at the counter. So I called to the branch manager to pass by and after explaining he said that he has to contact the head office in Bkk and ask about the requirements in order to proceed. I told him to do so and he said I should come back tomorrow with my passport and a written explanation about the incident. Well, pissed off I left and prepared the documents as wished. When I came there on the next day there was still no answer from Bkk so he claimed and sent me back home again after collecting my statement and a passport copy. He said if I want to take out the whole ammount thats no problem but to send it out (bear in mind that both accounts are on my name) he has to wait for "approval" from Bkk.

The case is still not solved and I will be at the bank Monday morning ....

Hello dears

Providing you have opened the account + got Internet banking (2 separate processes) there is another process to prevent money laundering.

From the BKK bank site (when I log in as their customer with full Internet access, could be invisible without login) and try to send money overseas from my account:

If you have already registered for Bualuang iBanking then you can apply to make an International Funds Transfer via Bualuang iBanking by following these simple steps:

1. Print out the Application for International Funds Transfer Service via Bualuang iBanking.

2. Complete the application form.

3. Submit your application along with the required supporting documents to any

Bangkok Bank branch.

Documents Required

A citizen ID card or government photo ID card for Thai citizens

Valid passport for foreigners working in Thailand

Supporting document to indicate the purpose of transfer as follows:

Propose of Transfer / Supporting Documents

Educational expenses / Letter from an educational institution or government agency

Repatriation of income from foreigners working in Thailand / Letter issued by employer confirming salary

Assistance to relatives who are permanent residents of a foreign country / 1. Evidence from a foreign government affirming that the recipient is a

permanent resident in the foreign country

2. Account information from the intended recipient

Note: You will need to sign the application form as well as the form titled Terms and Conditions governing the International Funds Transfer Service via Bualuang iBanking, which will be provided to you at branch, in front of a bank officer (the signature in the Application for Bualuang iBanking and Application for International Funds Transfer Service via Bualuang iBanking need to be the same).

After your application has been registered, the beneficiary account that you registered with Bualuang iBanking will be automatically displayed on the International Funds Transfer page.

Edited by think_too_mut

I noticed your ad in the employment section too, 'Ben'

'Ben Thomas', doesn't sound Russian, perhaps Nigerian?

... Although Russian telephone numbers do start with a '7'.

Which is it then, dear?

How are things in the laundry business, anyway? :o

Which is it then, dear?

How are things in the laundry business, anyway? :o

The ad may be dangerous....some naive soul may bite and end up with concrete shoes in a khlong:

(the ad from Employment Section:)

We need an Adviser to Guide us in

-Opening Bank account

-Renting a Post box in Post office and a house

-Buying Digital equipment mostly internet services

and generally guiding us in these matters

the payment will be sent weekly

for first week i will pay you 500 baht Daily ( the equivalent in Dollar)

I can send you a check or pay you by PayPal.

15.000 THB / Monthly

If you are interested please send me a PM or give me a call

Phone : 1-732-917-0625

Ben Thomas

Which is it then, dear?

How are things in the laundry business, anyway? :D

come on :o

number

1- is US country code

732- is area code

1-732-917-0625

and also this is not money laundry , that`s my income that i would prefer to receive it in Thailand and transfer it to another country

I am doing this because i have my own problems and it sounds it is the only solution for me and it not related to any thing illegal or money laundry !

Edited by benthomas

Which is it then, dear?

How are things in the laundry business, anyway? :D

The ad may be dangerous....some naive soul may bite and end up with concrete shoes in a khlong:

(the ad from Employment Section:)

We need an Adviser to Guide us in

-Opening Bank account

-Renting a Post box in Post office and a house

-Buying Digital equipment mostly internet services

and generally guiding us in these matters

the payment will be sent weekly

for first week i will pay you 500 baht Daily ( the equivalent in Dollar)

I can send you a check or pay you by PayPal.

15.000 THB / Monthly

If you are interested please send me a PM or give me a call

Phone : 1-732-917-0625

Ben Thomas

:o A very strange add.

What are they paying for??