Legal Process

jobsite

pls can anyone give advice on the legal process, once a car accident has happened. My wife had a accident with a motor bike 2 weeks ago. Who is at fault as yet to be decided. motorbike guy was admitted to ICU, we paid money upfront as insurance covers upto 200K.

1. I am lead to believe 1 court deals with accident (whos fault)

2. second court deals with compensation (if any)

what i have been told is the second court does not care or take into account whos fault it was and the motorbike guy can claim compensation on the basis of ability to pay.(is their truth in this).

thanks.

We would recommend you initially ask your Broker as he will have been following this for you.

When the accident occurred and the two insurance companies representatives attended, they gave you a report – did you pass that onto your Broker as he will need this information ?

As for the actual court proceeding (if any), again leave that to the Broker and insurance company to sort out and be guided by them.

Note : most cases are dealt with by the police – when both sides are well they will 'invite' you to the police station to find who is to blame but be sure you take your insurance representative.