Can anyone confirm for me the type of 1 year visa I will get or need from Hull. My friend has a company here in Chiang Mai and has told me he will write a letter ro reference for me if it will help me to get the visa. I think the one Im after is a non imm o?? Is that correct?? I know its not a non imm b as I wont be working and not a tourist visa as that will run out too quickly. Could anyone give me an idea of what he should write in this letter?? I heard someone mention something about looking for work for or summin?? If anyone has done this from Hull could they let me know?? Also while Im no the subject, is there normally a big queue there on Monday mornings??. Oh yeh what lese will I need photos etc etc :-)

Cheers

Ethan

Non-o is the one you want. No need for a letter from your mate, just state the purpose of the visit as 'visiting friends'. One pic required and £100 will see you OK for up to 15 months if you do a border run just before it expires. You need to sign a disclaimer saying that you have sufficient funds to repatriate yourself if necessary and that's it.

Just did mine 2 weeks ago for the fourth time on the above basis - no problems and no questions asked.

Check out their website for all the forms and instructions.

Edit// Just seen Litebeer posted at the same time as me, and I have basically said wot he said, but I did do it in the last few weeks so can confirm this is still valid.

Edited by QED

Cheers for your help, just spoke to Hull, they said that a letter from a sponsor may be required. Does anyone know what this shuld include and should it be hand written or is a comapny headed letter ok from them??

Cheers for your help, just spoke to Hull, they said that a letter from a sponsor may be required. Does anyone know what this shuld include and should it be hand written or is a comapny headed letter ok from them??

No one has ever reported a problem with putting "To Visit friends and Family" on the form.

Maybe thay were confused when you mentioned your friend's company.

Just send in the stuff that the others have said NO COMPANY LETTER. and HUll will process it. they just want your money. as long as they have paperwork they are happy. enjoy

James 24. Just fill the form in and send it. You will get your Visa. Don't Worry. :o

Hi James, I've used Hull several times both by post and by making an appointment, as far as I know, you can't just turn up there, you need to book first. If you use the post, I'd recommend you send the passport / forms etc by special delivery, along with a special delivery SAE, as in the event of anything going wrong, these can be traced, costs a bit extra, but worth it for peace of mind - replacing a passport in the UK is a nightmare nowadays. Hope it all works out OK.