Best Steak House In Bangkok

ChiefBEM

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, Waza, where in soi 8 is the Argentinian BBQ? I'd like to give it a try. What are their prices like?

I believe he's talking about the restaurant on the ground floor of the relatively new Adelphi Suites Hotel, just a block or so inside Soi 8 on the right hand side of the street as you walk in. The hotel is also just a block or so from the Nana BTS station.

The restaurant has a name consisting of 4 letters, which I can't remember now... like the SPRQ Cafe or something like that. It's not the same as Fogo was, as in, the menu is more general and broader. But as I recall, they do have some Brazilian style stuff on the menu. I ate there once, but didn't try those particular offerings that day.

Back during the "Ice Age" you could go to a great little steak house in Bangkok that was called Dominos.

It was a nice place with a piano bar and their standard steak dinner was around 200 Baht.

I doubt that Dominos is still open.

I also doubt that you could find a steak dinner for 200 Baht.

Can anyone tell me where to go for a good steak dinner at a reasonable (1000 - 1500 Baht) price?

The bast steaks I have eaten in Bangkok is at Bar 8 on soi 8 sukumvit owned by a Kiwi cooked to perfection melt in the mouth.

Hey, Waza, where in soi 8 is the Argentinian BBQ? I'd like to give it a try. What are their prices like?

Hi its on the right hand side, just up from the soi that Lolitas on, across from Valdai Vai (not sure of spelling) an Italian resturaunt, (not very good). It was about 1000 baht for the mixed grill plus tax, but that will easily feed 2.

Edited by waza

I agree. In my opinion Neil's Tavern have the best steaks around. They only use meat imported from US and Australia.

Dunno know about Australia but cattle in the US are corn fed (not grass fed). And when they are fed an unnatural diet such as corn feed it usually leads to a more acidic rumen which leads to bacteria that are resistant to lower pH levels. In turn these animals must be routinely medicated with antibiotics to fight infection. In addition, american beef were banned in europe becuase they believe U. S. beef cattle are implanted with synthetic hormones in feedlots prior to slaughter. What's wrong with hormones in beef ? The risk of breast and other cancers only increases with hormones in meat. Sorry if I spoiled your appetite.

Corn unnatural? There are so many myths about the US beef industry, it is simply ludicrous.

Not to say there are not some issues, but blanket statements like this are silly.

Soi224

For a great STEAK and a dam_n sexy haircut!!!

Go to 'OUTBACK STEAK HOUSE' just off silom road, cant miss it... the aussie steak hits the spot...

Then walk just around the corner and you will see a few salons shops, make sure you go into the middle one called 'The Corner'

You cant miss it really because the owner is drop dead gorgeous and you often see guys doubling back for another look through the window

Ask for her, shes called Nang... She is a stunner and will cut you hair better than any New York barber ive been to and for just a few dollars

mmmmm steak

mmmmmm the corner girl

For a great STEAK and a dam_n sexy haircut!!!

Go to 'OUTBACK STEAK HOUSE' just off silom road, cant miss it... the aussie steak hits the spot...

Then walk just around the corner and you will see a few salons shops, make sure you go into the middle one called 'The Corner'

You cant miss it really because the owner is drop dead gorgeous and you often see guys doubling back for another look through the window

Ask for her, shes called Nang... She is a stunner and will cut you hair better than any New York barber ive been to and for just a few dollars

mmmmm steak

mmmmmm the corner girl

You do realise that Nang is a katoey?

Thats interesting - have you any proof to support that?

My keen observations saw very petite hands and no adams apple

I think we should all investigate this further... Who wants to go first

or have you already?

We sure have a lot of different opinions.

But that is good!

When I return to Bangkok I will start my steak taste test and then I will join the survey about the quality or lack of quality when comparing between normal Thai steaks and western steaks.

There has been a lot of chatting about the Farang Connection in Surin.

Most has been focused on prices.

As a steak lover from way back, I have no problems in paying premium prices for premium meals.

We intend on visiting the Farang Connection in Surin next January to checkout the quality of their western food.

THE BEST STEAKHOUSE IN BANGKOK IS PRIME IN THE MILLENNIUM HILTON... WITHOUT A DOUBT... I HAVE BEEN TO ALL INCLUDING THE JW MARRIOT, WHERE THEYU TRIED TO PASS OFF A T BONE STEAK FOR A PROTERHUSE>>> AND THE STAFF ARGUE ABOUT IT...... I LEFT WITHOUT PAYING FOR THE MEAL>>>>>>>TRY PRIME>>>>> THE BEST BAR NONE !!!

Jeez, AsiaMB, do you have to shout?

But yes, Prime does seem to be the steak daddy at the moment.

I've always loved Madison at the Four Seasons, but last time I went I was a little disappointed.

I do need to check out RR&B (Landmark) again, though. Just for research purposes :o

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not sure I'd rate Outback Steakhouse on the second floor of Siam Discovery as the best steakhouse in BKK, but they certainly do have some decent (albeit a bit pricey) offerings.

Went there for lunch the other day for the first time, and had to try their hamburger, which was pretty good and reviewed elsewhere here on Thai Visa. So steak will have to wait for another visit... But did come away with some shots of their menu that will give you a good idea of their offerings and prices, as follows.

post-53787-1239876328_thumb.jpg

post-53787-1239876348_thumb.jpg

post-53787-1239876366_thumb.jpg

I agree. In my opinion Neil's Tavern have the best steaks around. They only use meat imported from US and Australia.

Dunno know about Australia but cattle in the US are corn fed (not grass fed). And when they are fed an unnatural diet such as corn feed it usually leads to a more acidic rumen which leads to bacteria that are resistant to lower pH levels. In turn these animals must be routinely medicated with antibiotics to fight infection. In addition, american beef were banned in europe becuase they believe U. S. beef cattle are implanted with synthetic hormones in feedlots prior to slaughter. What's wrong with hormones in beef ? The risk of breast and other cancers only increases with hormones in meat. Sorry if I spoiled your appetite.

The majority of Australian beef is grass fed. Steroids are illegal in our country. You've put me off eating US beef. I've never tried it but was willing to until I read your post.

I've had corn fed chicken and it's bloody gross.

Anything that has been genetically modified is more likely to give you some nasty little surprises. It's time we educated people.